Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-12

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did this one yesterday in Lim-10 division. Stood towards the right side and shot T4 AC, T5 AC and T6 2A. Reloaded coming across to the left and picked up T1 AC, T2 2A and T3 AC. 8.85 seconds with 56 points for a hit factor of 8.85. The only thing I wanted to do was go only as fast as my front site. I tend to push too fast on these types of classifiers and end up with a mike or two. It felt good and I am amazed at how I don't even think about the reload, I see it happen and it just sort of happens. :blink:

Should work out to about a 74%

Edited by IPSCDRL

Yep, I guess that makes my 6.06 second 52 point run about 100% ;)

On some of these things you can go fast enough to drop a few points and still come out ok.

Btw I shot it straight up, no trickery, just standing arms length from the barricade right side first - inside out, left side - outside in. I let er rip, all the splits were dang near identical.

• 1 month later...

Shot it this weekend in Memphis, got to see a guy shoot it with a HF of 8.6400

limited M Impressive. 6.?? 54 points.

I myself did some better and some worse, 58 points (better) :D

10.73 seconds (worse) :angry: HF 5.4054

Revolver B

any Ideas on where that lands ???

Hopalong

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Shot this today:

23JULY04

Limited 10

7A, 5C = 55 points

Time = 13.18 sec

HF = 4.1730

I didn't remember shooting it before, but in this topic I posted:

07MAR04

Limited 10

57 points

0 penalties

12.16 seconds HF = 4.6875 ==> 54.90%

So ... I had fewer points and a slower time!

What happened? Here's what I think: the no-shoots had enormous red "X"s on them, just like the diagram. The first time I shot it, the no-shoots were just plain white. The big red Xs rally made it tough for me to concentrate on my front sight, and I spent more than one moment forcing myself to shift my focus. I know it's absolutely no "excuse" for shooting poorly, but I'm pretty sure it's an accurate explanation. It was the last stage of the day for my squad, so fatigue was probably a factor in having trouble keeping my eye on the front sight.

I do not know why the setup crew chose to do that. Do you guys shoot with big red Xs on your no-shoots on the norm?

Shot it this weekend in Memphis, got to see a guy shoot it with a HF of 8.6400

limited M  Impressive.   6.??  54 points.

I myself did some better and some worse, 58 points (better)  :D

10.73 seconds (worse)  :angry:    HF  5.4054

Revolver B

any Ideas on where that lands ???

Hopalong

Assuming you were asking for Revolver % and if I'm doing this right I think 5.4054 = 70.34098012

Much better than my 52% showing today. :(

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

shooter GRRL.... 8.17 down 3...... HF of 6.9767........63%......OPEN B

Shooter GRRL's Big Dave.....7.30.....down....3....HF 7.8032......70%....OPEN A

Hopalong.......9.08..... down 4........HF 6.1674......77%...Revolver A

Nobody going anywhere on this one!!!! ;););)

HOP

• 8 months later...

Shot this last night. Start on the left side/strong side, shoot outside in, reload fairly smooth, outside in on the right (the IDPA in me is showing :P )

Don't remember exactly, but mostly C's in 9.7xx secs. Hit factor of 4.911, good for 54.56% according to the Classifier calculator.

Not bad considering lately I've been royally screwing up classifiers, but not enough to move up to B.

Next time...

• 1 year later...

shot this last sunday at richmond rod and gun club (richmond, ca)

L10, glock 21, 174 pf

11A, 1C = 59 pts

time = 6.53s (shoulda been faster 'cept for rough reload and banging front of dustcover against barricade after reload)

HF = 9.0352

I am currently 'B' class. I saw the post above that talked about USPSA throwing out a classifier if it's more than 15% above your class's ceiling. I am not a sandbagger and certainly don't want them to throw this one out. Should I email the guy from my club who sends the scores in to tell USPSA not to throw this out or wait til after it posts on USPSA then tell them directly?

shot this last sunday at richmond rod and gun club (richmond, ca)

L10, glock 21, 174 pf

11A, 1C = 59 pts

time = 6.53s (shoulda been faster 'cept for rough reload and banging front of dustcover against barricade after reload)

HF = 9.0352

I am currently 'B' class. I saw the post above that talked about USPSA throwing out a classifier if it's more than 15% above your class's ceiling. I am not a sandbagger and certainly don't want them to throw this one out. Should I email the guy from my club who sends the scores in to tell USPSA not to throw this out or wait til after it posts on USPSA then tell them directly?

Send an email to USPSA.

• 3 years later...

Shot this last night with my open Glock.

6.01 sec with 2 points down.Anyone kindly do the math for me?

Thanks

Yuth

58 points, 6.01secs = 9.65HF

87.73%

Nice run!!

Thank you.

Shot this last night for the first time. Glock 34 / Production division:

8:40 / 56 points / HF 6.6667 / 82.1885% according to the classifier calculator

I am a C class shooter (should be moving into B after this classifier gets logged). On my last classifier I hit a 75.3433 % on 3-12 and USPSA counted the score into my classification percentage even though it was > 15% above my current classification. I didn't need to call or email so I'm not sure if this is a fluke / mistake / correct...time will tell B)

CAZ

Edited by Cold Absolute Zero

• 1 year later...

production 50 points, 6.11 seconds, 8.1833 HF. Didn't think I did that good until I looked it up :surprise:

That's flying! For some reason this classifier really rewards production shooters.

We ran this last weekend. In the back yard I was shooting it clean in just under 9 seconds, which would have moved me up a class. At the match, I shot it in 9.6 with an Alpha Mike No-Shoot. Arrrgh!

BB

• 1 month later...