Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-12

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoot this one today.........

Shot pretty relaxed pace and it paid off with the hits........

L10  8.4s  56 pts 6.6667 HF

Using the above info it should be in the 77% range........

So ...... TIS is that about what your "little book" says ? ?

laters,

gr

• 1 month later...

Quote from Kahana.

"Thought I would resurrect this one.

Don't know how to import the image of the stage diagram, maybe TIS will cover me ..............

Shot last month,

Right to left, 8.4 sec, 56pts, 6.6667 HF, 78.079 %

Laters,

gr"

• 4 weeks later...

I shot this one yesterday. 40pts 6.95sec = 5.755HF

Sure droped aot of points, I havent held my limited gun in months, but was shooing in open class. Im sure it won't equate too much. Im a right handed shooter and I drew to T1 and shot T2 and T3. Nailed the reload and landed on T6 and shot T5 then T4. Any better way to do it?

Shot it Saturday.

Watching John Benton and Todd Sindelar made me change my engagemnet order.

I shot the right side first, I'm right handed and the gun was 'pointed' there anyway, and shot it from inside out. Todd said that little lean to the left as he pivots to the right across the array makes the transition to the left side a little faster, and the gun being pointed there makes the draw faster too. They did the same on Fast n Furious, which I did differently, (and blew it.)

I shot too slow on the left side, after calling a D maybe miss, on the right side.

In the end it was 2 d's, 50 points in 7.56, HF of 6.6138, limited.

I learned a bunch about these stages watching John and Todd!

Tom

• 4 months later...

Ron, Thanks for number crunching. I had a feeling that the Limited run was a pretty good one, there was one Limited shooter ahead of me for that stage at the club match - and he's a real good shooter.

I heard that USPSA throws out classifiers that are 15% over your current class. Since I'm currently C class Limited, could this mean that this "hundred percenter" is going to get tossed out? I'd be way-bummed! Say it ain't so.

BTW, my last 3 Limited classifiers have been 74-78%. Will that make any difference?

Shot this one today. Open 7.41sec., 58pts. HF= 7.8273

Shot right side first from the inside out, and then the left side outside in. Slow on the reload and transition with the barricade. This is the only thing that I do in life where my brain gets in the way...

joseywales:

I had my first GM score flagged and pitched out. The computer will flag the score if it is more than 15% over the ceiling for your class. They would flag it even if you were a B class shooter. On the bright side, you can ask USPSA to count the score and they will remove the flag so it's up to you if you want them to dump it or keep it.

I shot this classifier today with my new Production gun. Once again I proved I can't miss fast enough to win. The score should come in at 30 per cent, bummer.

• 2 months later...

I shot this stage at a club match a few weeks ago. It was the last match of the season and I decided to go out with a bang. ;)

1 Sindelar, Todd 13 M Production 54 0 5.70 9.4737 60.0000 100.00%

BTW, that was with a Glock 22.

Regards,

Todd

Jake,

For what it's worth, it went something like this: Game out the start position to your advantage. You have to make a triangle with your fingers/thumbs, so why not move your hands all the way to the edge of the barricade? That way you can see your first target, which in my case was the 4th one from the left. (I'm right handed BTW) I start on the right side first, taking T4-6, that way I can reload into the gun as I'm transitioning to the left side. My first target after the reload is the first one I see, which is T1 in this case. I guess the real key is to first, stay focused on the front sight, seeing it lift out of the notch every time. Secondly, your transitions need to be just a hair slower than your splits, making for an extremely even cadance. I think that the latter significantly helps to accomplish the former. That's my .02$, nothing we haven't all heard before, I'm sure. ;)

Best to you...

DVC,

Todd

• 2 months later...
I have a feeling that you are going to set personal bests for lots of the classifiers this year, it is all in your attitude, you know...

Thanks, Sunny! I appreciate the vote of confidence.

It's funny you should mention attitude ... I think the primary reason I'm shooting better now is exactly that. When I first came back to shooting in 2002, I was so happy to just be able to participate that I just pulled the trigger and let whatever happened happen. Now I'm a little more focused, at least when I am actually shooting a stage. I think about transitions and keeping my focus on the front sight!