Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-55

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I shot 56 pts. in 10.03 for a 5.583 HF. Any idea what the percentage is for Limited?

Edit: OK, I did the math from the classifiers already posted in this thread. I come out with a 53.166%. I just want to verify that is right. Thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We shot this one today

Limited 6.11 seconds 54 points

Open 6.00 seconds 55 points (horrible 1.41 draw, mediocre 1.3 reload)

Nolan

Well the Limited run came in at 84.1714

The Open run came in at 77.0311

Does anyone have scores I can calculate the Open hit factor from? I shot this one today Open with a hit factor of 9.3645. The run sure felt good, not exceptionally fast, but good. If the hhf isn't over 11 I'll squeek by the 85% mark. It's been a while since I shot M class on a classifier and can honestly say it was a true measure of my preformance, that day, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I shot this last Sunday and think I did alright. My third match and everyone I'm shooting with is noticing that I'm improving.

Class U, L10, 58 Points, 1 No shoot, time was 11.35. 40.19% makes me a really low C shooter. I'd like to be a mid to high C by the end of the year.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
There's somthing wrong with this classifer if the %100 hit factor in production is 10. Think about it: that's drawing, engaging six partial targets, reloading, and engaging again in six seconds with no points down. Yeah right! :huh:

I grand bagged it with my Beretta(w/ carry holster and mag holders) and still couldn't get better than a 7HF.

I think you're right...

T.Dean M Production 56pts/ 0 / 7.04 / 7.9545

According to Kyle's Calculator, my run came in at 79.74%. BS, I challenge any Production shooter to shoot a 10 HF on demand. Spray'n pray possible for sure...but that's in the "sub-3 second El-prez" shooting technique (any body do that yet?). :blink:

TD, any chance you caught your split times?

Or, could you set it up in practice and run it again to get those splits.

It would aldo be interesting to see this run without the NS targets...or with steel challenge plates.

-------------------

If you need to clean it in six seconds...

That would be the equivalent of a sub-three second plate rack run (with the draw), AND another sub-three second plate rack run (with the reload).

I'm not sure about my splits, butI wonder if some folks aren't gaming it like Jake said above. Because it's Comstock you can double tap each target on the first pass. If you then reload and shoot only ONE shot after that, you can save almost 0.60 sec.

Are some clubs doing this?

You'd still have to fire 6 after the reload to satisfy the "engage T1-T6" requirement in the procedure. Though, you may get around having to do so accurately. I don't know that anybody is doing that though.

Lets figure....

Doubling up on the first pass of each run. That is 6 extra splits. If we are generous, lets call that an extra 1.0s there.

So, lets assume that takes care of the 12 required hits.

A shooter then, has to do the reload, then "engage T1-T6" again. Even burning 6 into the berm (which I think earns procedurals) is going to take back most of the time saved.

I don't see that gaining a second.

Ya, there's definately no time gained by dumping 6 into the berm.

If you get away with just 1 shot though....

I think it would be tough to assign procedurals to round-dumping after the reload. There's nothing in the rule book which grants penalties for shitty marksmanship. :)

Ya, there's definately no time gained by dumping 6 into the berm.

If you get away with just 1 shot though....

I think it would be tough to assign procedurals to round-dumping after the reload. There's nothing in the rule book which grants penalties for shitty marksmanship. :)

According to who you ask, there is a rule for that.....

.....by most definitions (I say that from two previous arbritrations similar to this) - the course descriptions says to engage the targets. And to many that definition means to make a legitimate attempt to put at lease one round on each required target.

The key to this is 'legitimate attempt.' Whether you hit the target or not is immaterial. But for most RO's, you have to look like you really did try.....and therefore, dumping into the berm will probably not pass that smell test.

this classifier has serious "wording" problems. The Scoring says Comstock...but the stage procedure reads "virginia count". If it was comstock, the stage procedure should read "engage T1-T6, perform a mandatory reload and re-engage T1-T6" and the scoring would still say two hits apply.

If the shooter shot each target with two rounds on the first pass..then the argument becomes....what does "engage" mean on the second pass? I would think that the second pass would require 6 rounds fired to qualify as "engaging". Making this "virginia count" clears all of the ambiguity up. Since this is one string of fire....I could see the argument that the targets have been "engaged" already (1st pass) and the shooter could fire a single shot into the berm.

But either way...this classifer is a mess. It would seem that someone...somewhere has allowed shooters to double tap each target on the first pass...and do something "creative" on the second pass and not assess any procedural penalties.

Maybe Troy would like to throw his 2 cents in on this one.....I'll send the Bat Signal! ;)

Edited by SteveZ

• 7 months later...

USPSA needs to re-establish the baseline for this classifier. I've shot enough of these things to roughly know how my runs will compare to National Averages and this one is screwed up! I was 2 points down in 7.20 seconds. That run felt at least 85% and perhaps as high as 95%..... but according to my math, it'll come in at 76% ! BS!

A LIMITED shooter would need all ALPHAs in 5.71 seconds to get 100% on this classifier.

I challenge Robbie, Dave and Taran to shoot all A's in under 6.50 seconds :)

• 3 months later...

This is almost the same as the IPSC ICS classifier CLM-60, though the IPSC classifier is from 8m or 26' as opposed to 33'. The world High HF would be around 11.7, which equates to 60 points in 5.1 sec. I had 53 points in 5.78 sec.for 78% Granted I'm still a bit rusty.

The US version I did 56 points in 6.56 sec, I'll have to wait to see what my percentage on that is.