Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Source For Processed Brass

chuckbradley

I need a source for 40 and 9mm processed brass. I just bent my decapping pin and stem becasue of a smaller shell inside a 40 case. This isnt uncommon to find rocks, mud or other shells in once fired range brass. I figure if its processed then all thats been cleaned out. By processed I mean deprimed, cleaned and resized.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to knock any co.but rather to inform forum members .....I had good brass first go around with brassman, this order there were rocks galore and spider nests, and about a quarter of it unusable due to cracks. This was for cleaned "once fired" brass.

I just went through 2000 .40 S&W from Brassman.com

Chuck,

This was the best 1X fired brass I have found since you had that stuff that had been fired in SIGs a few years back. Rick

I am through over 18K of a 30K order of 9x19 brass from Brassman and other than the occasional berdan primed case, which just plain ass sucks...., It has been great brass. I would and will buy from John again!

DougC

Bought a box of .40 brass from Brassman (3000 pcs). There website stated that they clean brass that they feel needs it but only polish brass for an extra fee. Based on what I received, I would hate to see what kind of brass they don't feel needs to be cleaned. There was easily an extra pound of caked on mud and dirt in the box of brass. Nice to know I was charged actual shipping for the extra dirt :(

Since then I have found a good local guy who gives me great service and a very good price.

Craig

http://www.edsbrassandreloaders.com ; I have bought brass from this guy and it has always arrived clean, no dirt or debris in the cases. He usually throws in a few extra cases. Can't fault it at all and cheap!!!! I wouldnt spend the extra on processed brass, when this stuff is so good! I'm ordering it from Ireland and it is still cheap even with the postage, so you could buy it for next to nothing!

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to get once-fired casings, in more or less once-fired shape -- I don't care if they're dirty. Brassman's brass was "OK", but I got tired of picking out the 9mm (and worse, .380 and .22lr casings). It was also surprisingly filthy for once-fired.

By far, the best brass I've found is from sellers on eBay. Go figure.

I need a source for 40 and 9mm processed brass. I just bent my decapping pin and stem becasue of a smaller shell inside a 40 case. This isnt uncommon to find rocks, mud or other shells in once fired range brass. I figure if its processed then all thats been cleaned out. By processed I mean deprimed, cleaned and resized.

Chuck,

I ordered 4000 9MM mixed headstamp processed from National Bullet Co in Ohio. They ship USPS in the standard box. I saved couple of dollars by ordering 4000. 4000 9mm could fit in one box. I did a lot on internet cking and was happy with their product and service.

www.nationalbullet.com

Larry

• 2 weeks later...