Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ever Buy A Gun You Had No Real Use For?

I have wanted one of those little rascals since I first saw one. Why? I have no idea. I have no need for one, and don't like ported carry pistols anyway.

Hopefully, someone can tell me they bought one and hated it...so I can get over this and go waste hard earned money on something else. :D

My wife doesn't think I have a real use for any of the guns I have bought.

She says "You spend thousands of dollars and most of your free time traveling around the country just to blow holes in cardboard".

"You call that Practical shooting"?

"That's got to be the greatest irony of all time".

If you want it, buy it. You don't need any other reason.

Tls

I can only justify two of the five I own, and even that's a stretch. Nope, nothing "practical" about shooting, sometimes, but then neither is golf, boating, skiing, surfing, snowboarding, model trains, breeding chihuahuas, or anything. We wanna do it, we go do it. That's how itseems to work. :D

O.k. this is very confusing.

I have an SVI Infinity 40 :wub:

An STI Edge 45

A Para P14.45 Ltd

A Springfield 1911 45 SS

A Colt 1911 45 SS

A Para P18.9

An XD-9

and an S&W 610

Soon to add a Brazos Pro Sx

Could someone please tell me which ones really I need?

Tls

Edited by tlshores

Well Tls .. what you really NEED is more rifles.

And shotguns. Don't forget the shotguns. Of course then you will have all the guns you need for 3gun so you will have to travel to more matches. Then of course you will discover that you "need" better 3gun gear like rifle mag pouches, shell holders, etc... and of course that you bought the "wrong" shotgun AND rifle. To be really competitive you will need a different shotgun AND rifle at least until you discover that the division you geared up for is all wrong for you and you really "need" to be shooting in Heavy Metal/He-Man division and then.... well you get the idea. :blink:

-ld

jhgtyre,

Is there some point you're trying to make here???? ;)

Those items are all NECESSARY. I have a good reason for owning each and every one of them. As soon as I figure out what those reasons are, I'll let you know. :D

Liota

Edited by Liota

I purchased a gun that couldn't be used for anything. It had been blown up twice, and dremeled to death. I bought it for all the unobtainable pre-bans that came with it.

Having the worthless thing aggravated me so much, I rebuilt it into the Limited blaster I've used the last 5 years.

Not only have I bought guns I have no use for, I have bought guns that have no real use.

We all have more than we need and fewer than we want.

This is not a needs based business.

If you build a gun, someone will buy it.

"How do we arm the other 11?"

Don't forget Sportsman's Steel Challenge matches. You need like 4 guns just for that. Then there are weekly steel matches, sporting clays, Olympic Air Rifle, NRA Smallbore, Single Stack Matches and .... I can't think of any guns I wouldn't have a use for. :blink: (yup, between my daughters and I we do all those things on some level) :lol:

-ld

Liota and I have a Hornet (the widebody version of the Wasp) in 9mm, with a second barrel in 38 Super/9 by 23. Just a cute little pistol, and it shoots great! Everyone needs one :D

Alex

Bear 1142,

Good choice. A fun gun to shoot but it takes two men and a very strong boy to set up and take down with the tripod. A couple of barrels in .308 makes the ammo bill a little easier to handle.

Rich

Rich,

Actually, 8mm is way cheaper and I don't need a tripod. The bipod will do just fine. Who needs to be accurate? This is the original "spray n pray" setup. :lol:

Can you imagine a JP Tank brake on that thing? Loud, but sweet!

Erik

Edited by Bear1142

Rolled up on the bipod, shooting amazingly small groups with a as-issued (actually, German-issued) MG42 was pretty easy. Keeping my fat finger off the trigger, that was the hard part. Makes a M60 seem easy to "single" :)

Alex