Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Unit

For those of you that are mad at yourselves for ever watching "24", then don't start watching this one either.

You will be hooked. I figure it's got some of the same writers and producers as NCIS, but the action is good and the plot works.

I like that they showed a "reload" of the Kimber operator, and that they didn't show an 8-shot gun as having held 15 rounds.

Pretty cool show, although like everything in Hollywood not representative of reality. All I could think when I saw the reload was "this guy obviously doesn't shoot IPSC". The ND at the end was disturbing too.

Pretty cool show, although like everything in Hollywood not representative of reality. All I could think when I saw the reload was "this guy obviously doesn't shoot IPSC".

Yea, that reload was getting on my nerves today. So slooooooooooooooooow. Good thing he wasn't under any pressure or anything... :ph34r:

Funny. I figured this would be a good show to watch while I did my dry fire routine last night. I thought my reloads were slow until I saw his. It reminded me of some new shooter at the local non-IPSC match

Liked the show..

could of left out the wife and Col. stuff at the end..

That reload was painfully slow even in the slow motion "in the moment" assault on the plane..

what was the quote??, Get to shoot guns, jump out of airplanes and then come home, what's better than that?"

Yep, the CO in bed with one of his mens wife while he keeps him deployed was more than I wanted in this show.

I bet nobody else noticed the reload but us competition shooters. That reload was like a newbies first match.

I will watch again.

I just wonder where those 2 rounds went. TV leads us to believe bullets stop at the first thing they hit. Wasnt his wife on the other side of that wall?

Executive produce for this show is Eric Haney. He authored Inside Delta Force, top notch book. He knows what he is talking about for sure. Heck of a nice guy, to boot; I mailed him my book, he autographed it, then gave me his email address.

I told him that I was really interested in learning to master pistol shooting, (like he and his operators have) he tells me the best place for a civy to learn the pistol is USPSA. That was two years ago, I have been hooked ever since.

I forgot all about those shots at the end. He must do it all the time. His wife spoke of the mirror a few other times during the show and made a point of telling him it was replaced. I bet they have some steel on the wall to stop the shoot throughs.

I wondered why his team did not bring him any eq. They grabbed two MP5's from the gunsmith guy why not that over the handgun. When the second guy went into the woods he carried his gun pointed at the ground instead of using the "third eye" to help him look.

Well I am hooked to watch it again. I guess I missed the talk about the mirror early in the show. A also did not catch the wife cheating, I thought it was his wife.

When I see stuff like the reload or the approach in the woods with the gun at low ready, I try not to comment, after all it is a show and not reallity.

If I were a terrorist I would have blown the plane as soon as my buddy got shot from the door.

Until next week !!

Executive produce for this show is Eric Haney. He authored Inside Delta Force, top notch book.

+1

The sequence when the trainees are first brought into the shooting house was unbelievable. The instructors burst in and clear the room, shooting dummies spread throughout the room, with the students sitting there in the middle of the whole thing.

The first episode was very good, even though there were a few minor technical errors.

• 2 years later...

I still watch, yeah it's Hollywood, but about the best you could hope for. Anyone that has worked on a set will know what I mean.

The new technical consultant is Pete Blaber, so the info is there if they want it.

There was a good comment I think in an interview on the DVD where they know the actors don't nessessarily 'get' the proper use of firearms, but it's easier to teach some shooting techniques to actors than it is to teach acting to shooters...

Executive produce for this show is Eric Haney. He authored Inside Delta Force, top notch book. He knows what he is talking about for sure. Heck of a nice guy, to boot; I mailed him my book, he autographed it, then gave me his email address.

I told him that I was really interested in learning to master pistol shooting, (like he and his operators have) he tells me the best place for a civy to learn the pistol is USPSA. That was two years ago, I have been hooked ever since.

20 odd years ago he was Command Sergeant Major Haney in my Infantry battalion in Panama. He was an excellent leader. He was in Panama for Just Cause but by then I had transferred to the Jungle School.

I loved his book, The Unit - not so much. I find some of it too far-fetched and the cheating within the organization is too much.