Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Summer Blast -- Who's Shooting Revolver?

Carmoney

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats Dan!

Great Job Phil, way to represent Ohio...what happened to Cheetahs?

Very cool to see the top guys so close with such a "big" field of revolver shooters. Won't be long there will be a mess of M's up there...

Had a great day at the Blast!!! Met alot of very nice people and the grounds looked great...On our squad I got to see a one hole double hit and another shooter shot the identical time on back to back stations...Special thanks to Linda!!!!!!!

See you next year!!

Redmist10,

There are already a mess of M's...................It's just we can't seem to get them all in the same place at the same time !!!! <_<

Seems like USPSA Nationals would be a great place for a meeting like that, but for some reason unbeknownst to me........many of them (M's) don't/won't attend them. :(:(

Oh well, maybe Carmoney's IOWA match????

Back on track here................

Congrats Danbagger!!!! :D You will never get rid of the knickname, even if you finally prove that it doesn't fit anymore. ;):P

Good to see all you guys representing the ULTIMATE challenge in USPSA.

Sam

I lurk no more !

Congratulations Dan, Mike, and everyone else that shot the "Summer Blast"

Mike Carmoney.........you don't know how grateful I am for your getting me involved in Competition again with "REVOLVER". Thanks also for your help these last months.

At the "Revolver" get together last evening I promised I would register and get active on the forum. Terrific pleasure in meeting all of you last evening and shooting with some of you today.

I met my goal: I did not DQ, I managed to finish, and I managed not to come in last ( but darn near did.) Found out just how costly FTE's , and old bones/body are.

Just shooting the match added a ton of experience.......but mostly I enjoyed the company of a fine bunch of competitors.

Now that all the nice stuff has been said, Ill get back to being my usual crabby self.

:):D , Glenn

Pictures on Blast Website -- taken by Sandy Houck

Summer Blast site -- See link on left for 2006 picture gallery.

Sorry about the spacing on the thumbnail page. I'm working on a few other things :blink:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Summer Blast Statistician

Revo shooters might want to start at #4190 -- Hey Jeff -- Let me know which one's you need for the Front Sight article

Edited by LChico

OK guys, I made my plane! :D

Congratulations to Dan, and everybody who shot the wheel at the Blast. What a great time!!

Great to see lots of old friends, and just as great to meet lots of new friends in person for the first time!

Thanks to Larry, Gary, Linda, and all the rest of the fine staff for putting on a quality match like this. You guys really went out of your way to make us wheelgunners feel welcome, thanks very much for that.

Edited by Carmoney

Great job BagMaster Dan, against tough competition. The final scores make it look like a real dog fight.

Dan you may have to give up the BagMaster name, looks like there's another whom it fits better.

Redmist10,

There are already a mess of M's...................It's just we can't seem to get them all in the same place at the same time !!!! <_<

Seems like USPSA Nationals would be a great place for a meeting like that, but for some reason unbeknownst to me........many of them (M's) don't/won't attend them. :(:(

Think that question's been asked and answered :huh:

(and to add since I can't get this thing to do seperate posts)

Congrats to all and a big thanks to the Summer Blast staff.

Some very thought provoking stages with 6 long courses and 4 speedy shoots.

Maybe next year I'll bring my brain :wacko:

Edited by 10mmdave

First of all I want to thank Larry Houck and Linda Chico for this great match, ¡Muchas Gracias! :) Same goes for all the match staff, you all were awesome! The stages were very nice and altough I'm not one to analyze these kind of things, the match to me was very well balanced. Not too easy, not too tough.

LESSONS LEARNED

- I not only suck at shooting the "silly round thing that spins", I also suck at reloading. Proof is I was the only 45 revo shooter that didn't make major at chrono. :(

- Not all places called "Bar and Grill" are necesarilly family type restaurants. Wheelies is, as posted at the main entrance, a "BIKER FRIENDLY BAR". I don't believe they have a kitchen and the only tables are pool tables. However, in their favor, they must have the best priced on-tap beer in the northeast.

- Although I'm not any good at this shooting thing, I may have a good chance to become the Florida Champion if I can finance the right amount of "silver bullets" for Cliff (BTW, don't expect him here any time today, he must be in some Tampa clinic getting pumped with fluids and analgesic for the massive hangover). B)

- For future matches, hold the chicken. Next time try Tofu! :lol:

Congrats to the revo trinity of Carden (Good Job Champ!), Car$ and Walsh on their very close race and to Mr. Bagakis for getting in there in the lead pack!

It was great to put faces to forum names and to meet so many other revo shooters. Lefty45 (see you at the Haas memorial), Mike Car$, Dan, Mr. Bagakis (please get out of B-class!), Bob Purdue, DGSmith (hope you weren't disappointed I'm not the tiny skinny kid you pictured in your mind ;) ), Jeff LaFave. Sorry I don't remember all the names. Cliff & Luke, I look forward to the next one!

Now, back to the real world and maybe tonight I'll clean and get ready my limited gun. <_<

- Although I'm not any good at this shooting thing, I may have a good chance to become the Florida Champion if I can finance the right amount of "silver bullets" for Cliff (BTW, don't expect him here any time today, he must be in some Tampa clinic getting pumped with fluids and analgesic for the massive hangover). B)

For the record: With no "hilljack cleaning solvent" anywhere in the immediate vicinity Saturday night, Cliff was off to bed relatively early with only his usual sustenance level of Coors Light in his system.

(Whatever you do, please don't use the phrase "pumped with fluids" around Cliff, we sure don't need any PTSD responses to be triggered after what happened to him at the hands of the hilljacks at Area 5 last year....same with banjo music....) ;)

Edited by Carmoney

(Whatever you do, please don't use the phrase "pumped with fluids" around Cliff, we sure don't need any PTSD responses to be triggered after what happened to him at the hands of the hilljacks at Area 5 last year....same with banjo music....) ;)

It's Ok Mike... he doesn't remember anyway. ;)

You guys are a ton of fun. I really enjoyed meeting everybody, and getting to swap stories. Next time, we are going with a "local" for the arrangements. Wheellies was not what I had pictured in any way!!! I was wondering if I would get outta there alive!!! :ph34r: I particularly liked talking with the 3 amigos and getting to know them a little better. We have a lot more to accomplish, and hopefully, nationals with 34 revo people is a step in the right direction.

As for the match, well, what can I say...Larry, Linda, and Lew are an unbeatable team. Henry Swarthout, Howard, Dan, and all of the other York crew were exeptionally freindly, and put on a well-balanced match that flowed well, and tested a lot of skills. It was not without a few small glitches, but good staffing can overcome almost anything, and they assembled the best group of people they could find as an insurance policy (well, except that they had to take me also in the deal :wacko: ).

I wasn't happy about having to DQ so many people for 180 violations (4 of the 7 came from my stage alone). There is something that simply sucks about having to tell someone that drove or flew so far to be there, that they are out of the match. BTW Mike, you owe me $20 for that premature pasting you got!!! :lol: Dan didn't know you could buy reshoots...man was he bummed. :P

It was great to meet Nemo and talk to him. My wife absolutely looooooooved his accent. The way he said "Caracus" almost made her wet her pants. I thought I was going to have to move between them. Some great stories were exchanged, and ideas were shared. I think it was a most worthwhile gathering. I look forward to seeing all you fine folks at nationals!!! ;)

DVC,

Jeff

+1 on a great match. We started right on time and never had to wait for a stage. The match flowed to perfection. Linda, Larry and crew could not have done a better job. I will be back next year.

Good shooting Dan and Mike, I guess I have to get used to getting smacked around at the matches now. Now I know have Luke feels.... :wacko:

Nelson, hang in there, once you get your Randy gun, you will be the man!!!

It was great to meet everyone. Nice to put a face to the name here on the forum.

Hey guys it was great having you all in my neck of the woods. It was a good squad to shoot with. Shooting with the cream of the crop all in one match was a good warmup for Nationals. Nemo I was not disapointed, you are a gentleman and a good shooter. I look fofward to shooting with any of you again. Maybe I will check if Wheelies has that tank top for Cliff. It was awsome to see these tricked out guns you all had

It was awsome to see these tricked out guns you all had

Not me, dude!! Just a stock $450 gun show 625 with some home hatchet work in my holster (when it wasn't falling out onto the ground between stages, that is)..... ;)

Nice seeing and talking with you and Echo!

Hey all it was a great match, it is get together's like this, that will keep you coming back for more. I would also like to add my thanks to the staff and crew that made this happen for so many people. Job well done. Because you put in the time, we get to play.

Nemo, you can forget the most important lesson of the trip, you can only buy beer at the Distributor or the Bar. :P

Luke

Hey all it was a great match, it is get together's like this, that will keep you coming back for more. I would also like to add my thanks to the staff and crew that made this happen for so many people. Job well done. Because you put in the time, we get to play.

Nemo, you can forget the most important lesson of the trip, you can only buy beer at the Distributor or the Bar. :P

Luke

I'll never forget the look in the faces of the cashiers at the grocery store when I asked where was the beer... :o They were ready to call 911! :lol:

Congrats to Dan for winning against a great revo gathering!

Congrats to Mike and Cliff, too, with all three M class shooters finishing within 3% of each other, and to John Bagakis for hanging in up there with the M class.

Wish I could have been there. I heard from some of the shooters in my club this past Sunday, commenting on the number of wheelgunners they saw on Friday and Saturday.

Maybe I'll see some of you at the VA-MD Sectional on Aug 12th. There are 7 revo signed up for that match already, and room for more.

Or Glenn Tracey's face when he was introduced to Cliff for the first time, priceless, Mike was giggiling like a school girl :lol:

Oh yeah, that truly was a hilarious moment! Glenn just looked at him with this totally astonished look and said "You're Cliff Walsh???" God it was funny.

I think Glenn expected the "three amigos" to look like a bunch of lean, muscular, pro golfers with blond hair and golden tans.

(Pro bowlers is more like it.) :D

Yeah !.......I was amazed when I saw the "Three Amigo's" for the first time.

I was amazed none were holding a beer!

Okay Cliff.......weigh in on this. I haven't been embarrassed enough yet, and only my second day on the forum.

Seriously, it probably was a priceless moment, for which I will always be reminded, but, nice to meet you Luke, and you Cliff, and you Dan ..............you to Mike.

Glenn, it was great to have you and Gary R. join the wheelgun crowd at the Blast! You were the very two guys who first took us up to 20 shooters, giving us the number needed to qualify for Nationals slot awards. Thanks again for having the guts to call my bluff, step up and join USPSA, just to be able to shoot the Blast with us!

You're "made guys" now, and remember there's no leaving "this thing of ours." ;)

Going "east" was well worth the trip to be part of the largest revo gathering.

Just like everyone else, enough cant be said on how well organized this match was. Excellent stages and RO staff.

Larry..Linda......Well, what can i say, it doesn't get any better than that. Excellent attitude, extremely freindly. I hope both of you, and your staff, continue in the future with this and other matches.

Back to the match........What a dog fight it was.......its great to see new (and returning i hope ) faces showing up to get some of "this thing of ours".

Speaking of dogs......where was that Ramer "Hilljack" porch puppy when all this exitement was going on.............Sam.?????? You jump'n back in the "cage" with us some day? You've been known to show your teeth now and then........

Thanks everyone.....and hope to see you around somewhere.

Danbagger