Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Summer Blast -- Who's Shooting Revolver?

Carmoney

Jeff,

Sounds good. Luke, Nemo, and I are flying in about 2:30pm Sat into BWI. I think several of us are staying at the Super 8 hotel. Let us know where to be and we will.

Cliff

(please no tequilla)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we can get the 3 Amigos liquored up enough, all of us "lower classed" guys might have a shot at taken 'em!!! I can see 'em all right now...Sombreros down over their eyes passed out in the corner of the bar with half-drunk bottles of tequilla in their hands. :lol::lol::lol:

Dude, Cliff's hardcore. My strategy is to figure out a way to cut him completely off from the Silver Bullets the night before, and by match time in the morning he should be in full-blown DTs.

;)

To check out restaurants & bars in York, go to http://national.citysearch.com/

Under the 2nd search option, plug in this address: 40 Arsenal Rd, York, PA

That is the address of the Super 8 -- Narrow the search to restaurants & bars. You get a listing of numerous taverns & bars, fast food places & a few genuine restaurants like steak & seafood places (complete with local phone numbers & maps).

Saturday night, most decent places will be packed (not sure you're actually looking for a 'decent place' from the tone of this thread :ph34r: ), but there are sports bars & places like Hooters and Lonestar steakhouse on the list.

This gives you a few weeks to narrow down the choices. Once you pick a place, I will be happy to send an "invitation" to all the revo shooters in the match, so that those who do not browse BE can join in the fun.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Summer Blast Statistician

PS: That 'hardcore' stuff explains why Cliff looked like the only sober person in the room during the party after the SC Section Match :D To Mike Carmoney: And sadly, you will have to start MUCH earlier. . .it takes 48 to 72 hours off booze for DT's to set in ;)

Edited by LChico

To check out restaurants & bars in York, go to http://national.citysearch.com/

Under the 2nd search option, plug in this address: 40 Arsenal Rd, York, PA

That is the address of the Super 8 -- Narrow the search to restaurants & bars. You get a listing of numerous taverns & bars, fast food places & a few genuine restaurants like steak & seafood places (complete with local phone numbers & maps).

Saturday night, most decent places will be packed (not sure you're actually looking for a 'decent place' from the tone of this thread :ph34r: ), but there are sports bars & places like Hootersand Lonestar steakhouse on the list.

This gives you a few weeks to narrow down the choices. Once you pick a place, I will be happy to send an "invitation" to all the revo shooters in the match, so that those who do not browse BE can join in the fun.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

PS: That 'hardcore' stuff explains why Cliff looked like the only sober person in the room during the party after the SC Section Match :D To Mike Carmoney: And sadly, you will have to start MUCH earlier. . .it takes 48 to 72 hours off booze for DT's to set in ;)

Linda,

After "Hooters", the rest of your post just sounded like Charlie Browns teacher (wa-wa-wa-wa-wa)!!! :P I think that sounds like a winner in my book. What do you guys all think?

Jeff

PS Has Cliff ever been off the Silver Bullets more than 48 hours??? :unsure::ph34r::wacko:

Edited by Barrettone

Hold the phone guys...I just got a phone call from God himself. I did the search as Linda reccommended, and look at the name of one of the bars that popped up. This has to be divine intervention. I think the Big Guy is looking out for us. Please advise.

Jeff

Pink Lizzard

Bar/Club

Send 2 Phone

19.7 miles

891 Eisenhower Blvd

Harrisburg PA Map

9.0 Overall

Shank's Tavern

Bar/Club

Send 2 Phone

11.3 miles

36 S Waterford Ave

Marietta PA Map

8.5 Overall

Champions

Bar/Club

Send 2 Phone

17.3 miles

300 2ND St

Highspire PA Map

8.4 Overall

Fat Daddy's Night Club & Bar

Bar/Club

Send 2 Phone

2.8 miles

2510 E Market St

York PA Map

8.0 Overall

Wheelie Bar & Grill

Bar/Club

Send 2 Phone

1.1 miles

1033 N George St

York PA Map

7.5 Overall

Edited by Barrettone

Hold the phone guys...I just got a phone call from God himself. I did the search as Linda reccommended, and look at the name of one of the bars that popped up. This has to be divine intervention. I think the Big Guy is looking out for us. Please advise.

Jeff

(some content removed - L Chico)

Champions

Bar/Club

Send 2 Phone

17.3 miles

300 2ND St

Highspire PA Map

8.4 Overall

Wheelie Bar & Grill

Bar/Club

Send 2 Phone

1.1 miles

1033 N George St

York PA Map

7.5 Overall

Um . . . Jeff. When doing cold searches for bars over the internet, it is a wise idea to check with some of the locals to be sure you have not selected an establishment that is patronized by 'alternative life-style' types. :unsure: I actually thought "Champions" had a nice ring to it -- too bad it is 17 miles away B)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

Jeff

(some content removed - L Chico)

Champions

Bar/Club

Send 2 Phone

17.3 miles

300 2ND St

Highspire PA Map

8.4 Overall

Wheelie Bar & Grill

Bar/Club

Send 2 Phone

1.1 miles

1033 N George St

York PA Map

7.5 Overall

Um . . . Jeff. When doing cold searches for bars over the internet, it is a wise idea to check with some of the locals to be sure you have not selected an establishment that is patronized by 'alternative life-style' types. :unsure: I actually thought "Champions" had a nice ring to it B)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Hell, thats why I stayed away from "Pink Lizzard", "Shanks" and "Fat Daddy's". :wacko: Anyway, I called the bar and they said that they are just your average neighborhood bar with good bar food. It isn't a biker bar or anything like that. As for "alternate life-style" types, we are just trying to be sensitive to our "left coast" contingent (Doug C). :P

Edited by Barrettone

Hooters is being rebuilt after it had a fire a few months ago. Not sure if it will be open by summer blast. If you guys want italian I know a great place with great food. Steakhouses we have a couple. Tell me what kind of food or place you would like and I will find it. Friday after work until Monday morning If you guys need anything let me know I want your Match to be a good one.

Hooters is being rebuilt after it had a fire a few months ago. Not sure if it will be open by summer blast. If you guys want italian I know a great place with great food. Steakhouses we have a couple. Tell me what kind of food or place you would like and I will find it. Friday after work until Monday morning If you guys need anything let me know I want your Match to be a good one.

Since you are so graciously volunteering, I need Cliff, Mike and Doug bound and gagged in your basement until Monday Morning. :P

Jeff

[

Um . . . Jeff. When doing cold searches for bars over the internet, it is a wise idea to check with some of the locals to be sure you have not selected an establishment that is patronized by 'alternative life-style' types. :unsure: I actually thought "Champions" had a nice ring to it -- too bad it is 17 miles away B)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

It would be terrible to walk into a bar full of open shooters.....

Damn! It's sounds like it's going to be a nice get together that I'm going to miss! Unfortunately I have to leave after I shoot on SAT AM so I can get home for the NY State PPC Championship. It'll still be nice to see you guys on the range.

+1 for Hooters.....They have the best grilled ham and cheese. Then you add bacon and a pitcher of Coors light and you have one hell of an appetizer.

Hooters is being rebuilt after it had a fire a few months ago. Not sure if it will be open by summer blast.

Perhaps those of you voting for Hooters missed the post that indicated it may still be a construction site. . .

Jeff - When you called Wheelies, did you ask if the place was big enough for an 'invasion' of 25 to 30 extra people on a Saturday night?

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Fat Daddys wasnt bad the last time I was there. ( A few years ago) Its between the Harley Plant and I-83. If you want to stay safe on a National Chain there are Damons, TGIFridays, Smokey Bones, Olive Garden, all right aound Arsenal Road.

FOR THE BEER PROFESSIONAL:

If you dont mind about a half hour drive I would suggest Kclingers Tavern in Hanover. They have the largest beer selection on the East coast (Over 350) including a few that are hand drawn from kegs in the basement. (No carbonation). Heres a link to the web site and a review of the bar. The food is good too!

http://www.epinions.com/fddk-review-1AEE-2...-3A2D247F-prod2

http://www.kclingers.com/index.htm

I may be in York on Sunday and will try to scope a few places out. If there is a place in paticular that you are interested in let me know. If I cant get there myself I can try to make a few phone calls to check it out.

I would be very cautious about downtown York. (Duke street Princess Street Etc.) There are some nice places there also but be cautious as with any city.

Hooters definitely doesn't look like it's gonna be open for the Blast. I think there's one in Mechanicsburg, if you want to drive.

There's a Klingers closer than Hanover just off 83 in Etters - it's actually next to my office. Food's decent too.

Champions is okay as I understand. I think San Remo is decent and it's right across from the Holiday on Arsenal.

If you want excellent prime rib - Coombs Tavern is the place to be. Call ahead now if you want reservations. Less hazardous area of town.

+1 on being careful if you go downtown. Had some folks come in from Japan/India/Europe who stayed downtown - got to see the aftermath of a driveby coming home from dinner one night.

Cobblestones is nice (pool tables/sports bar atmosphere) but caution is required in the neighborhood. Bring a PA CCW holder along.

That's about as good as I get around the bar scene but I'll also be glad to help anyway I can to those coming in from out of town.

Sean

Cliff, sorry no frosty jugs for you..I called the Hooters in Mechanicsburg and they said the York location wont be open until mid August at the earliest....

I forgot about the Etters location of KClingers....I havent been there yet!

Edited by Hog Sniper

Well, it sounds like Hooters is out and I am hearing cautionary tales about downtown York. I like the idea of the KClingers Tavern (lotsa variety), but a 30-40 minute drive kinda sucks IMHO. How close is the Etters location to the Super 8 Motel in York??? We need to make a decision soon, as we need reservations for a group of our size (20-30 people). Please advise... :unsure:

Jeff

Well, it sounds like Hooters is out and I am hearing cautionary tales about downtown York. I like the idea of the KClingers Tavern (lotsa variety), but a 30-40 minute drive kinda sucks IMHO. How close is the Etters location to the Super 8 Motel in York??? We need to make a decision soon, as we need reservations for a group of our size (20-30 people). Please advise... :unsure:

Jeff

Jeff, Klingers is 20 minutes max from the Super 8 and easy to find. I live close to the Super 8 and work right next to Klingers (you'll be parking in my office's lot). I think they have live entertainment on the weekends too.

If you like beer, you'll like Klingers. Only place in the area I can find Smithwick's.

Sean