Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Summer Blast -- Who's Shooting Revolver?

Carmoney

OK fellas, I just signed up for the Summer Blast, and hoping I can convince some of you dedicated wheelgunners to shoot it with me! I have heard tons of great things about this match, and really like the looks of last year's stages. Check it out here:

http://lchico.5u.com/blast.html

One interesting thing--this is a major match (246 rounds in 10 stages) but it's shot in a half-day format in squads of 7 shooters. This eliminates a lot of standing around--it's a great idea, and more matches should consider doing it this way, I think.

Anyway, I'm flying in Saturday afternoon and shooting the match on Sunday morning. If anybody wants to join me, feel free to jot a squad request down on the application form.

It should be a Blast!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mike;

I'll be there. I'm shooting SAT afternoon. I'm going to drive out SAT morning, shoot, and then drive back that night (I have to shoot the PPC NY State Championship the next day, and work a 4x12 shift). If you swing by the range to check out stages maybe we'll meet up. It'll be nice to have some competition!

Sounds like this match tends to fill up pretty fast, so get those apps in ASAP!

I found a good deal on a plane ticket through American Airlines, better than anything I could find on the discount travel sites, in fact.

I'm really looking forward to it! Hopefully see a bunch of you roundgunners at the range on Sat. and Sun.

Sweeeeeeet,

I was planning on going. July was my only open month. I will have to shoot Sat though. I need to fly back Sunday. How about it Mike, go for Sat afternoon. Luke is trying to go also and Bob Perdue is going. I don't remember when he is shooting. Bob?????

Hop , where are you??????

Was planning on flying into Allentown from Tampa. What other airports will work. Wondering if I can find better flight options

Hooters air goes direct :wub:

I asked for the Sunday slot with the revolver squad. I will be up saturday, and spend the night. BWI is 1.5 hrs to the range. Anybody up for dinner sat night? Carlos, are you gonna shoot revolver with us?

Bob

OK Mike, you drive a hard bargain. Luke and I will be there Sun AM. I expect plenty of beer in well marked unopened bottles

Sorry Rob, Luke is a firefighter and is on shift Friday and Monday so it is up Sat and back Sun. We will catch you Sat night though. You can get us all drunk so we can't shoot straight Sun morning.

Cliff

Wow, what a crew.

I asked Linda and she is waiting on Larry to get a hotel for the match. She will let us know.

How deep is the snow in Ohio???

I don't know. Just looked and there were 5 last year with Bob (The Crusher) Perdue taking home the cash. Mike, you, Luke, Rob, and I make 5 new shooters so we should have at least 10.

Mike, is Sam coming or is he too big a star to show up at a 'other match'.

Luke and I will hit BWI at 2:05pm so we should be at the range and or hotel by 4:30 on Sat.

Sam's not going to this one....a little too much $$ to bring my sponsored shooter.....I almost didn't sign up myself as I'm trying to stay closer to home this year, but then my wife asked what I wanted for my birthday next week, and Summer Blast visions began dancing in my head....

I'm arriving early afternoon into PHL (not the closest airport but pretty cheap tix from DSM), may or may not make it to the range while the shooting is still going on. I booked a room at the Super 8 ($51.99) but will certainly be available to join up with all you guys for steaks and barley pops on Sat. evening!

This is shaping up to be a great match for roundgunners!

Bob, I booked my room through Travelocity.com. The number I have for the Super 8 is 717-852-8686, it's on Arsenal Road in York, PA.

I figure, how can you go wrong with "Arsenal" Road?

I'm shooting Sunday.

Ah-riiiiiiiiight!!!! Y'hear that boys?? Party at the Smith compound!! :D

Dennis, I knew you shot the Blast last year, and was hoping to bump into you this time. If you can shoot Sunday, have them put you on the revo squad!

This is gonna be great....! Now we just need a few more of our Southern and Western and "end of the earth" brethren to join us!