Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Summer Blast -- Who's Shooting Revolver?

Carmoney

OK guys, as of today Linda says there are 18 of us signed up to shoot Revolver at the Summer Blast.

C'mon now, this is a Level III match! It's really important that we get at least two more shooters signed up so we can hit the magic 20 it takes to qualify for Nationals slots!

If you are thinking about it, please sign up now while there are still spots open in the match. Please tell you wheelgunner friends. This is a great opportunity to show the world that we can mount a real revolver division at several major matches this year.

Are you forum regulars all in this one?????

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know if those 18 registered shooters include me, but my application was mailed last Monday and should be in Linda's hands.

So, because I'm late to the game I'll be in Revolver Squad 2.

Now to figure out how to get there and where I'll stay...

See you in PA.

I don't know if those 18 registered shooters include me, but my application was mailed last Monday and should be in Linda's hands.

So, because I'm late to the game I'll be in Revolver Squad 2.

Now to figure out how to get there and where I'll stay...

See you in PA.

Super 8 York PA, first beer is on Mike....

Edited by cliffwalsh

You got it Cliff!

I'm working on recruiting a couple of additional shooters who would take us to that magic 20 if we can get them in....and these guys just happen to live fairly close to the range at York, PA!

They haven't experienced any of the "fraternal order of the USPSA revolver" in person yet, but I'm pretty these guys are the right stuff. And I know this is going to be a fun match!

So I've issued the official challenge. Glenn and Gary, are you in?? ;)

Hey everybody--great news!! Glenn and Gary can't resist a good challenge, and are stepping up to shoot the Blast with us!! Linda's got spots for them on Sunday AM, and we're officially over 20!

Now.....these guys are experienced shooters, and have competed in other shooting disciplines, but they are new to the world of USPSA competition. As I mentioned, they live in central PA. They are going to want to shoot some USPSA club matches between now and July, and it would be really great if some local shooters, particularly other wheelmen, would be able to help them get rolling.

Dennis, can you help out with this? Anybody else?

Glenn and Gary--we're glad to have both of you on board, and we'll all be happy to answer any questions you might have as you get started in a great new sport!

Hey everybody--great news!! Glenn and Gary can't resist a good challenge, and are stepping up to shoot the Blast with us!! Linda's got spots for them on Sunday AM, and we're officially over 20!

Now.....these guys are experienced shooters, and have competed in other shooting disciplines, but they are new to the world of USPSA competition. As I mentioned, they live in central PA. They are going to want to shoot some USPSA club matches between now and July, and it would be really great if some local shooters, particularly other wheelmen, would be able to help them get rolling.

Dennis, can you help out with this? Anybody else?

Glenn and Gary--we're glad to have both of you on board, and we'll all be happy to answer any questions you might have as you get started in a great new sport!

20s great

yahoo from Michigan!!!!!!!!!

we still have time

think 30 is in reach?????????????????????

gary

I know a bunch of guys in Mississippi that have been talking a lot getting numbers at matches. How about it??????
Like Hop said, pay my way and I'll be there. I just got back into IPSC after an 8 year hiatus and back into revolver at that. My "Extra" funds have gone towards equipment this year. Maybe next year.

Sounds like ya'll will make the magic number. Congratulations! :)

Oh, and I'm funding a wedding in June. Should have gotten a taller ladder, damn. B)

Larry posted the stages over on the Match forum.

I'm getting excited about this one!

Wher can I find those blast stages???????????????????

Stages are also posted on the Summer Blast web pages:

Go to http://LChico.5u.com and select 2006 Summer Blast link on the left.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Summer Blast Statistician

We have a match at thurmont on 23rd of April , York on 14th of May.

Glenn and Gary were do you shoot?

Dennis, I don't think those two are on the forum yet.....I sent you a PM with some information, including their email addresses. Thanks for anything you can do to help them get off to a good start. Always good to get some new shooters in the game, particularly if they're brave enough to shoot revolver! :)

Hello everyone....Thanks for the warm welcome. I am shooter #20!!... I'm new to the sport but look forward to shooting. I live pretty close to York. If anyone from out of town has any questions about the area dont hesitate to drop me a line.

Gary

Hello everyone....Thanks for the warm welcome. I am shooter #20!!... I'm new to the sport but look forward to shooting. I live pretty close to York. If anyone from out of town has any questions about the area dont hesitate to drop me a line.

Gary

Hog Sniper?!?! There's gotta be a good story about that one...

Great having you aboard, Gary, looking forward to shooting the Blast with you guys.

Gary

Well, this is a first for me -- I'm asking a shooter for help instead of the other way around!

I had my first visit to the York area last year, but duties at Summer Blast prevented seeing much of the area (other than the major flood & the incredible work effort from Howard & his local members). This year I am bringing my husband. We are arriving Wednesday and staying until Monday.

Wednesday & Thursday before the match I will be up to my eyeballs in Summer Blast paperwork, and my husband, Tim Daugherty, will be bored to death. He loves to shoot sporting clays & if there is anyone who can point us toward a good local sporting clays range, he would have something to do (& I can get him out of the hotel so that I can actually get some work done ;) )

I noticed that Gary has posted on the Clays forum, so hopefully you know some places. You can contact me via my regular email: LChico@msn.com

Linda Chico (L-2035)

We now have 22 Revolver shooters in the match, and email indicates at least 2 more are on the way. We already have 4 shooters in Revolver squad 3 on Sunday & I expect it to fill.

If I ever run for office in USPSA, I plan to ask Mike Carmoney to run my campaign ;) , because this effort was impressive.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I am posting a copy of this note on the Summer Blast thread on the Match Announcements Forum

• 1 month later...

I resurrected this thread to propose a get together for the revo people. Without naming names (and in keeping with Ms. Chicos strict competitor privacy policy), below is a list of when revo people are shooting the Summer Blast. Since I am working the match and will be "on the ground", I was wondering if we should organize a little "gathering of the brotherhood" (and sisterhood) at a local establishment. It appears that the majority of the 24 shooters (17) are competing on Sunday. I am a Fri AM guy, so I will still be there. We have three people shooting Saturday. I think Saturday night would make the most sense. We have the staff BBQ which will be over around 6:30-7:00pm, so we could all meet at a local watering hole if there are enough people interested. I think it would make for a great time, as all of us hardly ever get a chance to get together unless it is on the range. What do you guys think??? I can make some calls and arrangements if the interest is there.

REV FRI PM

REV SUN

REV SUN

REV SUN

REV SUN

REV SUN

REV SAT PM

REV FRI AM

REV SUN

REV SUN

REV SUN

REV SUN

REV SUN

REV SAT AM

REV SAT AM

REV FRI AM

REV SUN

REV SUN

REV SUN

REV SUN

REV SUN

REV SUN

REV SUN

REV ???

DVC,

Jeff ;)

Edited by Barrettone

I'm afraid to go after all the rules debate :D

I'm one of the Sat am shooters and our plans are still up in the air for Sat night.

If we stay over we'd probably attend (if we're welcome :unsure: ) but the plan now is to drive back

home Sat. night.

I don't know anything about the area so no help there.

I'm afraid to go after all the rules debate :D

I'm one of the Sat am shooters and our plans are still up in the air for Sat night.

If we stay over we'd probably attend (if we're welcome :unsure: ) but the plan now is to drive back

home Sat. night.

I don't know anything about the area so no help there.

Of course you're welcome!!! As long as you shoot a round gun (or are at least the guest of roundgunner who is trying to assimilate you, we want to see ya there!!!) :P

Alterior Motive Mode <ON>

If we can get the 3 Amigos liquored up enough, all of us "lower classed" guys might have a shot at taken 'em!!! I can see 'em all right now...Sombreros down over their eyes passed out in the corner of the bar with half-drunk bottles of tequilla in their hands. :lol::lol::lol:

BWAAA-HA-HA (insert diabolical laugh) :ph34r:

Alterior Motive Mode <OFF>

Jeff ;)

Edited by Barrettone