Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Summer Blast -- Who's Shooting Revolver?

Carmoney

My wife and I checked out San Remo last night. The food was good and they had plenty of space early in the evening. They also have a night club. It is about a mile from the super 8.

Al Dente is another choice. They have space, great Italian food, booze and located off 83 and Mt.Rose Avenue.

Lone Star on Route 30 serves good steaks,

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alright Fellas...This match is getting close and we have to sh!t or get off the pot. So whats it gonna be? I've got KClingers, Wheelies, Champions, Lone Star, San Remo and El Dente. Sound off...we gotta act by this weekend!!! ;)

Jeff

Champions is too far away -- KClingers or Wheelies would be my votes. Lone Star & El Dente will be packed on a Sat nite & are primarily restaurants. Some folks may have other plans for dinner -- figure it for a drop in?

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Summer Blast Statistician

(no, I don't shoot a revolver, but I do have a lot of friends in the USPSA revolver community & plan to attend -- even if Cliff didn't want to run into "open" shooters. Actually, he thinks I compete with the keyboard :lol: )

Champions is too far away -- KClingers or Wheelies would be my votes. Lone Star & El Dente will be packed on a Sat nite & are primarily restaurants. Some folks may have other plans for dinner -- figure it for a drop in?

Linda Chico (L-2035)

(no, I don't shoot a revolver, but I do have a lot of friends in the USPSA revolver community & plan to attend -- even if Cliff didn't want to run into "open" shooters. Actually, he thinks I compete with the keyboard :lol: )

I vote KClingers or Wheelies in that order...KClingers has a Belgium Lambic beer in stock that I absolutely :wub: !!! (and a ton more I'd like to try :wacko: ) I hear their food is good too. Wheelies has a cool name, but is a bit of an unknown except that they said they have good bar fare and are a good gathering spot. Give me a few more responses, and we'll close the deal. ;)

Jeff

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I vote KClingers or Wheelies in that order...KClingers has a Belgium Lambic beer in stock that I absolutely :wub: !!! (and a ton more I'd like to try :wacko: ) I hear their food is good too. Wheelies has a cool name, but is a bit of an unknown except that they said they have good bar fare and are a good gathering spot. Give me a few more responses, and we'll close the deal. ;)

Jeff

+1

Hey, could someone call ahead to whatever bar you plan on and check on the Crown Royal level for 10mmDave! :P:lol: He shoots better when he gets a new brass bag before the match~!

Give em hell!

DougC

And I'll have already shot so I can drink as much as I want :P

But alas, I am getting to that age where it takes too many days to recover from the

dreaded hangover.

But thanks for thinking of me Doug :D

ps. Had a wedding the same weekend as the Jersey Steel, no Crown Royal :o:o:o

so I opted for Jim Beam and Ginger ....mmmmm, pretty tasty :wacko:

Well, the KClingers in Emmet went out of business last week, so I have made an executive decision. The fraternal order of wheelgunners (local 625) shall convene a meeting of the brotherhood (and sisterhood) at:

Wheelie Bar & Grill

1033 N George St

York, PA 17404-2025

(717) 845-2983

On Saturday, July 8'th at 6:30pm. Our contact girl at the bar is Amber. She assures us that there will be no problem with getting tables to accommodate our party of up to 35 people. We shall sing, we shall dance, we shall laugh, and we shall cry (well the losers will anyway). Live band starts at 8:30, so there will be plenty of time to converse, and then let the booze take over. The AARP crowd can choose how far down that rabbit hole they want to go... :lol: Its gonna be a fun evening. I will be sporting my moon clip bling-bling and have promised Larry that I will keep an eye on the stats chick (aka Linda) so she will still be functional to score all you guys the next day (stats chick + wheelgunners = bad situation :ph34r: ). Please spread the word, and lets get as many people as possible to attend!!!

PS Cliff, I made it close to home just fer you!!! ;)

Edited by Barrettone

. . .We shall sing, we shall dance, we shall laugh, and we shall cry (well the losers will anyway). Live band starts at 8:30, so there will be plenty of time to converse, and then let the booze take over. The AARP crowd can choose how far down that rabbit hole they want to go... :lol: Its gonna be a fun evening. I will be sporting my moon clip bling-bling and have promised Larry that I will keep an eye on the stats chick (aka Linda) so she will still be functional to score all you guys the next day (stats chick + wheelgunners = bad situation :ph34r: ). Please spread the word, and lets get as many people as possible to attend!!!

PS Cliff, I made it close to home just fer you!!! ;)

After 6 years, surely Larry knows I can score the match hungover (as long as I have coffee!) but we will have a few stage RO's & CRO among us. Would LOVE to see how well they handle the first open shooters to hit their stages Sunday morning :lol:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

There is a link on the Summer Blast website to the "revolver gathering." To get there directly, try http://lchico.5u.com/blast/revo.html

You will find directions to Wheelies from each of the Summer Blast hotels. I plan to email this link to all revolver shooters in the match (in a day or two, when I have time to catch up my other chores :P )

Linda Chico (L-2035)

(and honorary member of the Revive the Revolver Association :) )

Edited by LChico

I would Like to say THANKS again to Linda C.

She is on top of every aspect of SUMMER BLAST!!!

We all need more dedication from our staff like Linda

puts into BLAST..........

Thanks Linda

Gary Cuttitta

(CHEETAHS)

Hell, its not but a half mile from the Super 8. Cliff won't even wear the knees out of his jeans when he crawls back to his bed!!! :P Better have 'em stock up on the Coors... :ph34r:

I thought you guys would at least carry me... maybe Dan will give me a piggyback???

Edited by cliffwalsh

Hell, its not but a half mile from the Super 8. Cliff won't even wear the knees out of his jeans when he crawls back to his bed!!! :P Better have 'em stock up on the Coors... :ph34r:

I thought you guys would at least carry me... maybe Dan will give me a piggyback???

If when you get drunk, you want Dan to give you a "piggyback", PLEASE, save it for your room...remember, Wheelies is NOT an alternative lifestyle bar. What happens in York STAYS in York!!! :ph34r:

"A man's gotta know how to hold his liquor." :lol:

Stopped by the Blast today to check it out....The place looks great!! The courses are set up real nice but plan for lots of reloads!!. There is one station that has a moving target that is not hidden...Its a nasty little bugger....There is a shotgun side match. ..I will have my Remington 870 and some ammo if you guys from out of town want to shoot but dont want to bring a gun...I'll be shooting on Carmoneys squad if you need to find me. Got to finally meet Linda....She was wearing her "Revolver" ear rings today..What a nice lady...Cant wait to shoot on Sunday...

Gary

REVOLVER FINALS: Congrats Dan :)

Place Name USPSA Class Division PF Lady For Age Points Stg %

1 CARDEN, DAN TY48587 M Revolver Major N N 1145.5622 100.00%

2 CARMONEY, MIKE A23819 M Revolver Major N N 1123.9549 98.11%

3 WALSH, CLIFF L2519 M Revolver Major N N 1113.1587 97.17%

4 BAGAKIS, JOHN TY52647 B Revolver Major N N 1104.1164 96.38%

5 GRIGGS, PHIL TY51482 B Revolver Major N N 944.8010 82.47%

6 SARDINA, JOHN A39028 B Revolver Major N N 901.1060 78.66%

7 PARKER, DAVID A53502 B Revolver Major N N 878.3673 76.68%

8 PERDUE, ROBERT A27392 B Revolver Major N N Senior 835.3370 72.92%

9 COLON, NELSON R TY32791 B Revolver Minor N N 829.3752 72.40%