Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

North Tennessee Practical Shooters 3 Gun Challenge -last Update

Hey guys,

NTPS will be hosting a 3 gun match on 24 and 25 March 2006. Myself, Lance Jennings, and several others are putting this match together. It will be a 1 day format, with 8 -9 stages and 250 - 300 rounds. This event will be at the same range that the TN Sectional USPSA pistol match has been at for the past 3 years. The match fee is $125.

Lance and I have put on some great pistol matches the past 3 years, and will be putting that same effort into this 3 gun event. The web site can be found at http://www.ntps.org/ If you guys have any questions, email me at a1911operator@yahoo.com

Regards,

Berry

Edited by a1911operator

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guy,

NTPS will be hosting a 3 gun match on 24 and 25 March 2006. Myself, Lance Jennings, and several others are putting this match together. It will be a 1 day format, with 8 -9 stages and 250 - 300 rounds. This event will be at the same range that the TN Sectional USPSA pistol match has been at for the past 3 years. The match fee is $125.

Lance and I have put on some great pistol matches the past 3 years, and will be putting that same effort into this 3 gun event. The web site can be found at http://www.ntps.org/ If you guys have any questions, email me at a1911operator@yahoo.com

Regards,

Berry

I hope your right on the $125 but the Application says $150 can you confirm.

I hope your right on the $125 but the Application says $150 can you confirm.

Yes, the match fee is $125. We have not changed the fee on the match app yet.

Is there going to be an "open" class??

There are two classes, which will be determined by the rifle, Iron sights or optical sights. The pistol and shot gun will be a "limited" style gun.

Edited by a1911operator

why are you leaving the open shooters out? seems like every thing in 3gun is going tactial. looks to me like when the limited shooters got the optics on the rifles open class don't seem to matter anymore. this is your match an you can run it any way you wan't to.but leaving open class out sucks.

I agree with Kangroo....what is the big problem with having an open class?? We still shoot the same targets and score the same as with the tactical guys!! You just have to add a few more lines to the spread sheet. I know there is at least $625 wanting to be contributed to the funds.....by open shooters...what is wrong with us??? Just my 2 cents worth....Hey Roger...maybe we need to have an open 3-gun match and leave the rest of the world out!!

Yep it looks like we (open shooters) are not welcome on some ranges. I don't understand why our fellow shooters want to discriminate against us. I thought we were all in this shooting sport thingy together. You know, one for all and all for one. Not just Limited and Tactical together and Open suck out in the cold by ourselves. Sounds like a Hate thread is coming. We are getting left out of to many matches.

If they had an Open class I would go and so would 2 other shooters, that happen to be Tactical shooters. Lets see here $625 + (Kangaroo + 1 is) $250 + (I would bring 2 with me another) $375 = $1,200. I guess they feel like they will fill the match without us.

Maybe we do need to have an Open only 3-Gun match. :P Never mind most of the Open pistol shooters are scared to shoot 3-Gun matches anyway. :wacko:

Ronnie

Ronnie,

Just bring that NOISY thing to the Alabama match the same weekend, They will let you play.

As far as the 3-gun match, it appears to be a Tactical type match.....thus the no open pistols......sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Should be a good match.

Hop

Glad to see you guys putting on such a match. One question: no major/minor PF for pistols? I assume not since it is not on the app.

btw: the vast majority of 3-gunners are probably not bothered by the tactical format, keep up the good work!

Mark Dye

why are you leaving the open shooters out? seems like every thing in 3gun is going tactial. looks to me like when the limited shooters got the optics on the rifles open class don't seem to matter anymore. this is your match an you can run it any way you wan't to.but leaving open class out sucks.

Roger,

We are not trying to leave anyone out of this match. Being our first go at a 3-gun, we are trying to keep things as simple as possible from a match management stand point. I will raise your point with the group of guys that are advising us, and helping us put this match together. Maybe an Open division will be added. I will try to have an answer for you guys by Sunday.

Berry

This club has hosted this same type of 3gun match with the same rules for many years with a different match director. These guys are not amateurs and always fill a successful match. It is billed as a tactical match, and always has been. It has not been a USPSA match in the past, and they have used time-plus scoring. Their repeat customers know the format, and like it. With the effort it takes to put on a great event, I am sure they don't need criticism when they advertise their match. It is the tone that irritates me, not the suggestion of Open.

I will be there if it is all Tactical, all Limited, all Open, all laser gun, because it is a great match and great club. When a club holds a match, they select the type of match, it is that simple, and then it is up to the shooter to decide whether this match is one he wants to participate in. Many people will shoot this match regardless.

Edited by fomeister

Totally agree with Fomeister (God it hurt to say that!!!) :blink: .

This has always been a good match and I've enjoyed it everytime I've attended. I shot Open all last year but I definitely plan on attending this match and shooting Tactical with no qualms. One of the things that I really enjoy about 3 Gun/ Multi Gun is the different flavors at the various matches. Hell, I even plan on playing with Heavy Metal some this year. :ph34r:

So come on down and shoot a great match with your Tactical or Limited guns or stay home and whine about Open. Because they won't have any problems filling this match one way or the other.

:DB):D

This club has hosted this same type of 3gun match with the same rules for many years with a different match director. These guys are not amateurs and always fill a successful match. It is billed as a tactical match, and always has been. It has not been a USPSA match in the past, and they have used time-plus scoring. Their repeat customers know the format, and like it. With the effort it takes to put on a great event, I am sure they don't need criticism when they advertise their match. It is the tone that irritates me, not the suggestion of Open.

I will be there if it is all Tactical, all Limited, all Open, all laser gun, because it is a great match and great club. When a club holds a match, they select the type of match, it is that simple, and then it is up to the shooter to decide whether this match is one he wants to participate in. Many people will shoot this match regardless.

Alot of sensitivity around here......I have reviewd the post and application and now where does it state "tactical match only". I am not here to throw rocks at anyone, I just enjoy a good 3-gun match and had hoped to be able to shoot this one... Yes, I have a limited pistol and can change barrels on the shotgun and take an optic off the rifle....but I like open...I had made arrangements to attend this match then all of a sudden it is tactical only....As I am new to the sport (8 months) I have not attended the past matches so no way of knowing it was a tactical only match...

Anyway, you guys have a great time, enjoy the shoot and maybe next year they will add open to the match.

Randal

Edited by DrawandDuck

Sounds like a great match and I'm sending in the app. along with a few friends. One question though.... Planning on an optic for rifle. What is the maximum range for rifle we can expect?? Have to choose between using a dot or a scope.

Sounds like a great match and I'm sending in the app. along with a few friends. One question though.... Planning on an optic for rifle. What is the maximum range for rifle we can expect?? Have to choose between using a dot or a scope.

The max range will be about 175-200 yards. There will only be 5-10 shots at that range. Most of the shots will be between 10 - 50 yards, and about 10 - 20 shots at the 75 - 100 yard range.

Edited by a1911operator