Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

North Tennessee Practical Shooters 3 Gun Challenge -last Update

Well it looks like Open has been added from Berry's post in another thread.

One reason this match didn't shoot open in the past was the amount of difficulty one would have crawling under low obstacles and climbing onto high ones with a race holster (litterally a belly crawl and tree climb one year). They were a tactical rules multigun match using the equipment rules from Kyle Lamb's match, also a tactical match. It really wasn't discrimination or conspiracy against Open shooters, as many of the guys who love this match shoot Open in USPSA. There are a lot of topics on this forum about the different rules in 3Gun matches and the inconsistency in equipment. Most USPSA only shooters tend to get boxed into USPSA's rules and divisions. Nothing wrong with that, just hoping to shed some light on the proposed rules and divisions.

Edited by fomeister

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think requiring a secure hoster is reasonable, even for Open Division. For instance, the LimCat (and a similar Frank Garcia holster for Glocks) can be locked with a lever and made more secure than most holsters. Perhaps stages with serious obstacles should be started with an empty gun anyway. Is it legal to designate such a stage as a holster test, and the penalty for a dropped gun before loading made a stage zero instead of a match DQ?

Fellas (Berry, Lance),

I hate to see that you took so much heat on this one! I hope to attend the match. Schedules don't always work out that way, but I will be contacting you soon. I know that you guys put on a great match and look forward to it.

BTW, why don't you open shooters complain when Kyle announces his match and your division isn't listed? :lol:

J/K Don't take it personally!

Edwin

Hey Guys,

Here is a brief update on what we have going on. We have 9 stages planned. Total round count is 301 (98 pistol, 119 rifle, 74 shotgun-shot, 10 shotgun-slugs) There are 2 stages that will utilize all 3 firearms, 2 stages utilizing pistol & rifle, 2 stages utilizing pistol & shotgun, 1 stage utilizing rifle & shotgun, 1 rifle stage, and 1 shotgun stage. This information may change slightly as the match progresses. The stage information should be posted to the NTPS Tri-Gun web site, http://www.ntps.org/trigun/ , in the next couple of weeks.

The rules for the match are going to be the 2005/06 SMM3Gun rules. http://www.smm3gun.com/SMM3GRules.pdf I would like to thank Paul, Bob, and Barbara for allowing us to utilize the rules they have developed. The only noted addition is we are allowing buckshot on steel.

Again, if you have any question, contact me at a1911operator@yahoo.com or sponsor@ntps.org Looking forward to seeing you guys at the match!

Regards, Berry

Edited by a1911operator

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to give another update regarding the NTPS Tri-Gun Challenge. We picked up our match sponsor today, Sabre Defence Industries. http://www.sabredefence.com/ They stepped up in a very big way, and will greatly improve the prize table. Please keep this in mind. The prize table will be based on the money received from entries up to 13 March. That gives two weeks to get everything to TN. The more coin I have in hand, the more loot I am able to put on the prize table. If you have any doubt as to the quality and potential of the prize table, simply ask anyone who has attended one of the TN section matches over the past 3 years. We like a lot of loot on our tables. :D

Regards,

Berry

a1911operator@yahoo.com

sponsor@ntps.org

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone that has sent in a match app should have received a email confirmation Friday morning. If you have sent in a app and did not receive a confirmation, please email me at: a1911operator@yahoo.com or sponsor@ntps.org

Prize table is looking great. We have 4 complete AR-15s several uppers and the list goes on.

The revised stage and round count are: 8 Stages and approximately 290 round. The woods run area is still under construction, and will be a "suprise" stage.

Feel free to email me with any questions.

Berry

• 3 weeks later...

2 weeks as of this weekend!

I took a trip up there this weekend and shot a pistol match with them, some of the stages are roughly set up.

They look better on the ground than on Paper!!!!

Gonna be Great!

Bring extra Rifle ammo !!!! ;)

Hopalong

Hey guys,

Here is a final update on the match. If you miss this match, you will be miss everything NTPS has built their reputation on! Great stages and a big prize table with no junk! No shock buffs or cleaning rods.

There will be 8 stages with a round count of around 290

The prize table has 5 complete rifles from Sabre Defence, 1 complete upper from Sabre, a certificate for a complete upper from DPMS, a $500 DPMS certificate, a bunch of kick ass gear from Blackhawk, range bags from CED, knives from CRKT, bullet certificates from Sierra, 3-Gun grip mod certificates from APS, various gear from Patriot Performance Materials, AR15 kits from Hogue, Rudy Project glasses, and lots of other great items. In total the prize table is valued at over $16500.

We still have slot available. As it stand right now, all of the loot will be divided between 60 or so shooter. If you want a piece, get your match app in ASAP

Sabre Defence is planning a side match also. They will be giving away one of their rifle to the winner. A pretty nice prize for have a little fun on the side.

Berry

www.ntps.org/3gun

Edited by a1911operator

Those that don't sign up are really going to miss out, but then again that improves my chances at the prize table.

If this match is anything close to the TN section that was held there it will be kickass. What is the side match going to be? Do I need to bring anything special?

Edited by ap3

Those that don't sign up are really going to miss out, but then again that improves my chances at the prize table.

If this match is anything close to the TN section that was held there it will be kickass. What is the side match going to be? Do I need to bring anything special?

Sabre Defence will be providing the guns (rifle and Pistol) & ammo for the side match. All you will need is a couple of dollars per run.

Is a sling required to shoot this match? We were looking at the stages and noticed one stage description states "ground your rifle" and House Call does not! Will we be able to put the empty gun on the ground in this stage?

A sling is not required, but might be something you want to us. We will be providing a place to ground the gun is desired.