Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

North Tennessee Practical Shooters 3 Gun Challenge -last Update

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Got up this morning and things ached that havent ached in a while. <_<

The match was GREAT! Just what I was expecting from Lance, Berry, and the rest of the crew at NTPS.....GOOD JOB!!!

Thanks to Saber Industries.....really cool stuff they got.

Congrats go to Bennelli2(Jeff Crablit) Optics winner. and Tom Carpenter Irons winner.

Congratulations to Rodney May......Winner of a nice new Saber Rifle(side match)

To all the BE members, good to see you again.

Thanks go to SHOOTER GRRL and LANCE COWELL.....for putting up with squad 6 all day....Lance I will remember all those line cutters you did not call!! ;)

To the guys on squad 6.....Greg, Jim, Rick, Rodney, Bill, Dennis, David, Dan, I had fun let's do it agian!

For those who didn't make it............I wouldn't miss it next year, If I were you...I'll be there......(HE-Man next year ;) )

HOPALONG

For those of you that didn't go you missed out big time. A $2 side match for a raffle on an AR15, I think six AR15, Dillon 55O press, mucho range bags, DPMS upper, a ton of black hawk gear, and much much more. All split among 60 shooters.

Great stages, very well run as always a very friendly group of guys putting on the match. Thanks Lance, Berry, and all the NTPS group.

SIGN ME UP FOR NEXT YEAR.

Special thanks to the Kentucky gang for letting this West Virgina boy hang out with you guys, always good fun and humor. Terry and Mike I appreciate you guys ROing us through the day.

Well Friday night I was hungry - Will do better next Time :lol:

So you stopping in Bardstown to shoot Sunday....

We will be the guys in the corner --- :o

See what I mean? I had NO CLUE that there was a match in Bardstown today - we coulda gone!!!

We will be at the match next weekend though!

Skimming through the earlier posts in this thread reminded me of the complaints from a few individuals about Berry and Lance not including open class when they first announced this match. I then remembered that they added the division just two days after their initial announcement due to the pressure received by the aforementioned individuals. The thing I can't figure out is....where were the open shooters this weekend? :unsure:

The match was great and I look forward to shooting it again! The crowd we had out there was top notch and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

My thanks goes out to Berry and the rest of the NTPS staff that made this match possible.

Edwin

To all you guys in Squad 5 you were the best I have had the pleasure of RO ing in all my 3-gun years.

John W. the range Gods were looking down on you today. You shot a great match!

"SMOKING" Joe R. did you sleep with your rifle the night before the match, because she sure was good to you??

Chris

Skimming through the earlier posts in this thread reminded me of the complaints from a few individuals about Berry and Lance not including open class when they first announced this match. I then remembered that they added the division just two days after their initial announcement due to the pressure received by the aforementioned individuals. The thing I can't figure out is....where were the open shooters this weekend? :unsure:

Great match!! The stages were all challenging without being over the top. Hats off to all the NTPS crew and everyone else that put on a great match. A BIG THANK YOU also to all the sponsors.

I too vividly remember all the uproar about no open class!! Guess it wasn't that big a deal after all. :blink::wacko::unsure:

Thank you Berry, Lance and the NTPS crew. You put on one heck of a good tactically oriented 3-gun match. Outstanding stages and outstanding RO'ing!

Sign me up for next year right now cause soon as word gets out of what an excellent match you guys put on, it'll fill up fast.

Thank you to all the sponsors, especially the match sponsor Sabre Defense Industries, who stepped up to the plate big time.

After all the hubbub on this forum, I too was a bit surprised not one Open 3-gunner signed up. Go figure.

Congrats to Jeff for winning scoped and Tom for winning iron. And my personal congrats to a true southern gentleman, Malcolm, for winning First Gold (second overall).

i had a great time at the match this weekend despite the fact i got DQ'ed on my second stage. totally my fault and was well earned.

Berry, Lance and crew put on one hell of a match and i look farward to the next one they put together. Next time I'll increase the tension on my kydex holster! :o

Thanks Guys!

Edited by tewlman

Awesome match guys! Big thanks to the RO's for all their hard work. Also a big thanks to the BBQ guys for leaving their stove fired up Saturday night....it was a popular hangout while we were waiting on the scores.

Memorable moment: The mad dash to the safe area, screwdrivers in hand, by our entire squad after Steve's unfortunate mishap in which his holster "outran" his gun...

Awesome match guys! Big thanks to the RO's for all their hard work. Also a big thanks to the BBQ guys for leaving their stove fired up Saturday night....it was a popular hangout while we were waiting on the scores.

Memorable moment: The mad dash to the safe area, screwdrivers in hand, by our entire squad after Steve's unfortunate mishap in which his holster "outran" his gun...

This was exactly the same scene on our squad after one of our guys dropped his pistol :blink: on the first stage!!!! Everyone reached for a screwdriver!

Poor guy didn't even get a shot off in the match and he was DQ'd :(

Ditto on the great job by all the match staff, and RO's always a pleasure shooting with the guys in that area. Sign me up already for next year. Look forward to seeing everyone more this year as I am planning on getting out and blasting a few more matches. Though a wonderful southern gentleman, I may have to leave Malcome at home he will beat you if you look the other way for just a moment, lots to learn from that guy. Thanks Lance, Berry, Tony, Greg, etc

Great match! Thanks to Berry and Lance for doing such a great job on this match. Thanks to Terry and Mike for being our travelling RO's. Thanks to all of the sponsors for a tremendous prize table. Thanks to Tewlman for reminding us all to tighten our holsters. Thanks to Sabre Defence for letting us play with their toys at the side match.

The stages were some of the best I have seen and flowed nicely. We only waited one stage, and it was worth it, The scoring was so easy, that it only took seconds to score a stage. This was great fun all day long, except when I bent my charging handle on my rifle to the point of failure 1/3 of the way through the long range rifle course. I will be getting a steel one and I already told Vikings501 that he was right once again. The food was the best I have eaten on the range, and provided a nice source of heat in the evening hours (in addition to the Woodford Reserve, thanks JT!).

This was a great weekend with my friends that I will not soon forget. Our squad was Vikings501, Clyde, Tewlman, DKOL, AP3, Latewatch, me, and 3 of our regulars in what hs come to be known as the Lexington Mafia. It was also nice to talk to Shooter Girl, Hopalong, AH6IP, and others from this forum. There are pics of our squad out there if someone will post them.

I hope you guys will make this an annual tradition, I will be there (unlike all the whiners who asked for open and didn't bother to come).

Thanks for a truly professional yet relaxed match.

I’m glad to hear the match met or exceeded expectations particularly Squad 3 (Vikings501, Clyde, Tewlman, DKOL, AP3, Latewatch, fomeister, and 3 of our regulars in what has come to be known as the Lexington Mafia). Terry and I had fun (except the two DQ’s) and appreciate the way you guys worked together to get the stages set back up and ready for the next shooter. I hope watching you guys will help me bring my game up to the next level.

I also lucked up and got a 4 Round Tewlman Tray off the RO prize table to help me catch up.

Mike

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all of the kind words! I greatly appreciate all the shooters that came out to support the 3-Gun. A big thanks to Rick, Larry, Jeff (helping us with final scoring), Mike, Greg, Tony, and all of the guys and gals that made this match possible. Kudos to Sabre Defence for a great side match and doing a great job as the Match sponsor. Nothing like splitting $18,000+ between 61 shooter.

The final results are posted at www.ntps.org/3gun

We plan on making this a annual event, and hope to see all of you guys next year along with some of the guys that missed out this year. We will use the same format. The 3 divisions for next year will be: Tactical Optics, Tactical Irons, and Heavy Metal. Spread the word, we won't dissapoint!!

Berry

We will use the same format. The 3 divisions for next year will be: Tactical Optics, Tactical Irons, and Heavy Metal. Spread the word, we won't dissapoint!!

But Berry....what about OPEN? I don't understand why you guys won't include open!!! :rolleyes:

Sorry...but I had to say it!

Thanks again for a great match.