Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Brownells Format

John Heiter

I agree. That is why my paper copy is VERY well thumbed. I just use the website for ordering from a list of part #s like Mike does and looking at parts diagrams. And they really need a "zoom in" feature on the parts diagrams. I suppose if I had a 20" monitor I could read the darn things but I sure can't on my 17".

Otherwise their site is nigh unto useless.

THe website is only good for checking stock and seeing new products if you don't get an update flyer.

But Catalog 58 is full of errors, double listing of products with two different prices, stuff not listed in index. and Manufacture index has got errors also.

Most amount of errors I've seen.

Search misses obvious stuff or returns too much and then doesn't let you search among that group.

Brundoggie

If you think freight on Dillon to Hawaii is bad try New Zealand,

I use BAX and they seem to be good, quick and reasonably priced, only alittle dearer than sea freight, but a whole lot quicker and nothing missing.

Others are unreasonable.

But the damn boxes are so big and heavy.

The main issue is many US firms think export is Hawaii?????

Dillon are cool it's the freight companies that gouge.

I guess I'm in the boat that I considered the last site so bad I couldn't tell the difference.

I think their catalogs are arranged fairly horribly as well. At least when it comes to "i want doohickey X." Unless it clearly falls into one of their notions of what should be grouped together, you are at the mercy of their less than stellar index.

I was about to say I thought the new site sucked just as bad as the old site. However I discovered last night that the new site reaches a higher level of suckage.

Surely there must be magic words to utter in order to actually find anything with the search function.

THEN I ordered more stuff from Shooters Connection and regained my sense of calm.