Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Elections

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, shred said:

Yeah, but was he an RO at the time, or was an uncertified person running shooters?

Can you be an IROA if your regions' NROI disavows you?  I'm unclear on the IPSC vagaries.

1 - He is not IROA.  Never has been.  In fact, there were a total of 14 IROA personnel working the match. The rest were NROI from various regions.

2 - He was under strict instructions he could not hold the timer or run shooters.  I never saw him doing more than running the tablet.

3 - Under the current circumstances I seriously doubt he will ever be considered for IROA.

Edited by Schutzenmeister

20 hours ago, Schutzenmeister said:

1 - He is not IROA.  Never has been.  In fact, there were a total of 14 IROA personnel working the match. The rest were NROI from various regions.

2 - He was under strict instructions he could not hold the timer or run shooters.  I never saw him doing more than running the tablet.

3 - Under the current circumstances I seriously doubt he will ever be considered for IROA.

Cool, thanks for the update.  I don't remember seeing him run shooters either.

There are several episodes of Star Trek that involve the space-time continuum. To "be" an RO but not to BE one. Maybe YML in a parallel universe is allowed to run shooters. 

Unless the other YML did something in the other universe to alter the timeline. 

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, waktasz said:

The guy was caught, then admitted to wrongdoing...what did you expect ?

What wrongdoing? Is he not allowed to seek advice from people?

I noticed the meeting minutes didn't disclose who the email was forwarded to...

33 minutes ago, waktasz said:

The guy was caught, then admitted to wrongdoing...what did you expect ?

It's kind of funny he's getting cut for violating 10.2 and leaking info from BOD meetings. But right before that vote, they voted to waive 10.2 going forward and live stream meetings. 

I saw a screen shot of a funny email from A6D saying he voted to remove A3. It's funny because the email came out before the meeting minutes. So he broke 10.2 about a vote to remove a AD for breaking 10.2 

It'd be fun to watch if this wasn't all so damaging to the org. Seems a lot of A3 is pissed, which considering how things have turned out for the last couple guys they elected I can understand why they might want to bail.

25 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

It's kind of funny he's getting cut for violating 10.2 and leaking info from BOD meetings. But right before that vote, they voted to waive 10.2 going forward and live stream meetings. 

I saw a screen shot of a funny email from A6D saying he voted to remove A3. It's funny because the email came out before the meeting minutes. So he broke 10.2 about a vote to remove a AD for breaking 10.2 

It'd be fun to watch if this wasn't all so damaging to the org. Seems a lot of A3 is pissed, which considering how things have turned out for the last couple guys they elected I can understand why they might want to bail.

I'm in a3 and i am not upset, not even surprised.  I just worry about finding reasonably priced primers.

38 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

If following the bylaws was actually important to the board... A4 would have held a special election.

9 minutes ago, pskys2 said:

I'm in a3 and i am not upset, not even surprised.  I just worry about finding reasonably priced primers.

I'm not in A3, not surprise or really upset. This was obviously coming as soon as he made that motion about Ted and they removed him from the finance committee. I'm a little surprised Frank is still there, but the year isn't over yet. 

1 minute ago, BMSMB said:

If following the bylaws was actually important to the board... A4 would have held a special election.

Right imagine letting that slide for one guy and yeeting the president for the same thing. All the consistency really makes me think everything is good. 

4 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

All the consistency really makes me think everything is good. 

I try to give the benefit of the doubt whenever possible but the examples of double standards are numerous. I realize most Non-Profit BOD's are dysfunctional but the double standards with them comes across purposeful and with malice :( 

So, if you don't like the current administration you vote in a new administration, which the current administration kicks out. Seems legit

On a completely unrelated note, I hear bananas are on sale 🤣🤣

• ChuckS locked this topic