RJH

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, zzt said:

We are not a USPSA affiliated club, as I mentioned above.  These are outlaw USPSA 'style' matches.

I guess I missed that in one of your follow on posts.  It wasn't in the post I replied to.

21 hours ago, whan said:

I guess getting a bit off topic, but I'd argue that LO's provisional ruleset is so similar to CO as it currently stands (pretty much just allowing SA and Magwells) that they're kind of redundant. Stuff like the Shadow 2 with a thumb rest and brass grips really starts to push into specialized race guns anyways and I wouldn't feel at a huge disadvantage shooting my Tanfo in LO as is

I think it would be interesting making "CO" a division that actually uses guns you'd carry by requiring it to fit in a box with an optic cutout and a 38oz weight limit. May make it also a great place for newer shooters to start out and not worry about gear at all. Something like a G17 with an optic would be perfectly competitive over the long term

IIRC the explosion in CO participation started after they changed the weight limit, but more important after they went from 10 rounds to 140mm in 2017. I'd argue the capacity change was the bigger reason for the growth over the weight limit change.

That said, I do acknowledge PO light died in IPSC, but my argument would be that it was too similar to regular PO. Same rules essentially just with a weight limit. LO with 140mm mags and "CO" with 15 rounds would be a sufficient enough difference that I could see participation in both

The thing is if I shoot LO with my G17 MOS with a connector and lighter recoil spring or my 2011 with a magwell heavy frame and SA trigger my actual scores will be indistinguishable.  

100% the 2011 feels way better and looks cool and has an awesome trigger, but after the beep the plastic crap box GLOCK shoots just as many As just as fast. 

Edited by MikeBurgess

Someone already said it. Decisions have consequences. As this sport becomes more and more 23 rounds and a dot, Locap Divisions are going to fall by the wayside. 

I +1 the comments about stage design. Periodically for fun I'll visualize a stage as if I was shooting Sstk/Prod and in many/most cases you're faced with 12-14 round array. Nobody cares except maybe the one Locap guy who many times is too new to even notice. 

On 4/1/2023 at 3:35 PM, zzt said:

I don't get this Lo Cap = 15 rounds nonsense.  That's daft.  15 rounds does you no good.  Even with 15+1 you have no extras when shooting two views.  Since OEM mags hold 17, go with load to capacity.  Then with 18 to start you have two makeup rounds.

OP, there is nothing you can do to increase SS participation, short of paying people to shoot it.  The way things are going, all the participation will be in optics divisions.  When my eyes said no more Limited, I switched to Open.  CO wasn't a thing back then.  When they changed the CO rules to be essentially Open minor, almost all of the Prod shooters in my area switched.  Most of the Limited shooters also switched.  I don't see anyone going back to irons.

Not every view has to present 8....

• 1 month later...