Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Rivals on the way!

TheChef1

On 11/13/2022 at 6:14 PM, Slow250 said:

Found the gun, at https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/712024563/cent+canik+rival-s+9mm+5+chrome+18rd but listed as USED and SOLD?

Surprised that a quick google search didn't yield results, would expect it to be getting a lot of hype. Any idea on price/release date?

I did a search with the UPC number on the Bud's link and came up with this. Note it comes with their optic.

image.thumb.png.15e9c1fdaa4f5eb0b773734f644286f2.png

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, GigG said:

I did a search with the UPC number on the Bud's link and came up with this. Note it comes with their optic.

awesome find! I’ll be very interested to see what the weight of this thing comes in at.

Edited by ngodwetrust21

4 hours ago, GigG said:

Buds had SKUs with and without optic so at 1039 with optic that should put it around $800 without?

2 hours ago, lroy said:

Wonder if you can just order the frame

This price does put it up against the big boys. Wonder how it will do.

that price was with optic. I imagine it will be around $800 without and after a few months probably even less. You will still be coming $5-600 under a shadow 2 and tanfo OR and a couple hundred under a legion. For the price that will be very hard to beat.

8 minutes ago, MikeRussell said:

I may have to borrow a Canik from a fellow club member to see how I like them... then buy one of the metal ones. 

If you’re in south Florida you can barrow one of mine. 

29 minutes ago, MikeRussell said:

I appreciate the offer, we've got a couple of guys in my home club that run them in Prod & CO. Getting one for a test won't be a problem. 

Just remember all Caniks aren't Rivals.  It is the Rival trigger that has everyone lit up about them.

1 hour ago, pcar157 said:

Whoa, at that price they won't be able to keep them in stock!!!!

14 hours ago, jubi351 said:

$899 is the price I've seen on a few websites but of course they're out of stock.

That is a killer price for sure. I'd be very tempted to grab a couple at that price.

2 hours ago, pcar157 said:

Whoa, at that price they won't be able to keep them in stock!!!!

I imagine that price will come down after a few months also. I'm sure well eventually see them around $800. the regular rival can be found new for $525 now. 

21 hours ago, ngodwetrust21 said:

Agreed. Rivals were the same way came down about $100.

Also something to think about. You shouldn't have to immedietly go out and buy a brass backstrap and tungsten GR right away. thats $160 bucks in saving there. 

However im sure we still will buy  a SS or tungsten guide rode and if lok comes out with some grips well spend money on those too but you wont have as much need.

57 minutes ago, EEH said:

No worries, I sent them an e mail. We’ll see.

Interested to see what they say. 

13 minutes ago, ngodwetrust21 said:

my understanding is that it was supposed to be a shot show release. These dealers who posted the guns on their website let the cat out of the bag early.

That would make sense. I noticed buds took it down. Maybe someone from canik is on enos and called to tell them to take it down lol

19 hours ago, TheChef1 said:

Interested to see what they say. 

Well I got 2 e mails from century arms maker of canik. 
first one thank me for my inquiry same day I sent mail.

Today received another wanting to know how satisfied I was with my answer, which I never got.

I gave poor ratings and ask again