Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited major shooters- which commercial ammo do you preferred?

Ozy

I’m not reloading , so I’m  trying to decide between the precision delta 180 gr long and the atlanta arms elite 180 long.

please share your experiences with either one or both.

what gun ? I suggest ordering a small quantity see that it runs your gun and meets chrono... Or is it on the aproved list ?
When I shot factory Limited I was running a Para 1640 then a singlestack 40 , I was in 10 round limit land,, I used American Eagle 165's  They were loaded at same charge as the 180's IMO, and not harsh like the other brands of 165's. Quite common where I was in HI,, I got 1020 fps out of my 5" barrels . O think one guy did go minor with it, but dont recall the gun.

• 1 month later...

I've had good luck with Fenix ammo's 180gr. Only shoot local matches but i've used it in two different 2011s for the last three years and I like the impulse. Freedom Munitions 180gr works well too but it's hotter than Fenix and hotter than I prefer. I had feeding issues with Freedom 165gr--my guess it may be a shorter OAL than the 180s. Although I used PMC 165gr for one match and they worked great and didn't feel on the hotter end. Sorry I don't have more technical info here but maybe this will help inform your decision.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually like the long loaded Precision Delta 40. It chrono'd 165.8 out of my 5" Schuemann barrel at racegun nationals last year. (Phew, glad it was certified!) However, I got a batch of 45 in 2020 during covid and have had a lot of issues with bad primers in the batch. I have no idea where they source them from, especially during a shortage...

On 1/3/2023 at 11:02 AM, alien_pickles said:

I usually like the long loaded Precision Delta 40. It chrono'd 165.8 out of my 5" Schuemann barrel at racegun nationals last year. (Phew, glad it was certified!) However, I got a batch of 45 in 2020 during covid and have had a lot of issues with bad primers in the batch. I have no idea where they source them from, especially during a shortage...

45 ACP from Precision Delta is loaded with Winchester LPP's.

To my knowledge, this is the only report of a primer issue relating to that product in recent history. 

If you ever have ANY type of issue with Precision Delta ammunition, always reach out by phone or email and a customer service rep will get you taken care of.  

1-800-337-3621

info@precisiondelta.com

Edited by Ssanders224

On 1/3/2023 at 11:02 AM, alien_pickles said:

I fortunately havn't had an issue making chrono with my long loaded PD's out of my 5'' KKM barrel on my limited gun, at Area 5 it clocked in at 169.9.

• 2 weeks later...