Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open/Production Uspsa Nationals - 2006

well I'm thinking of trying to get a slot this year while I can still own guns (canada), I was wondering if the June 9 slot deadline means that if I don't have a slot by then , they are all gone? or is that just the last day to request one? I'll have my request in May 1 but obviously don't want to book flights till I have a slot. and if is open too long then all the cheap seats will be gone.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the place the range will be? Google maps and Google earth are a couple of years behind so a new range wouldn't show up...

http://maps.google.com/?ll=36.243616,-95.8...67,0.035233&t=h

Hope I can make it!

It's actually directly south of the minus control. Skip the office complex and a couple of hundred yards of buffer zone and there it is. Not entirely sure how the image scales on various sized displays.

The Google Earth pic is on the USSA site as well and as was pointed out it is several years out of date. I would imagine that the range will be built for at least five years before new aerial photos are loaded into the Google database. No live satellite recon on the construction progress!

• 2 months later...
I don't have a list of hotels, but Phil recommended to me the Holiday Inn Express in Owasso. He said it is a pretty new hotel and about 10 minutes from the range.

Megan :)

Thanks for the info, looks like a nice place to stay so I made my res :)

barry B)

• 2 months later...

Does everyone realize that TODAY is the deadline to get you applications in ?!?!? :o:wacko:

From the USPSA Nationals stie:

Slot Deadline Approacheth

Just a friendly reminder that earned Open/Production slots will expire on the 9th of June. If you haven't returned your slot yet, please do so immediately. Slots not returned by that date will be voided and reissued to the many on the wait list. Once voided, those slots absolutely cannot be reclaimed, so don't delay!

Hi guys,

I'll be waiting until 5pm today for any straggling slots and then I'll void the rest and start issuing to the wait list Monday morning. We have had some problems with email getting through, possibly because it's an automated system and spam filters block such emails. Whatever the case, be sure to keep an eye on your classification record if you're on the wait list. If the email fails to come through the invitation will also be there. Don't forget you only have 48 hours to claim the slot (two business days).

Thanks!

Kim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That was also a question I have. Is there anyway USSA can take in ammo shipments for us and just stick it in a room with our name on it and we can claim it when we get there?

I will be flying to the Nats for the first time and am not really thrilled about taking that much ammo with me.

Opinions from anyone and everyone, how have hotels been (in the past) about taking in packages for you before you arrive? Also, do you tell them its ammo or just a package??

Thanks,

Kevin

Had a cigar order meet us at the hotel for Area 8. Just told the front desk to expect a package from UPS.

If it were ammo that I was shipping...I would tell them to expect it to be heavy. No need for them to know what it is, I don't think ?

At the FL Open I asked Tom Fee if we could ship ammo to USSA before the Nationals. He said it should not be a problem. But you may want to send an email to Brian Hill from USSA to confirm...

Sandro