Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MPA DS9 Open - Any reviews?

WYgunner

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, CalTeacher said:

Do you think a sloppy fps fit is useful for reliable extraction?

of course. Because it has a slope to the right.😀

I always demand from myself that everything be perfect. That's why I make all the guns I use in competitions myself because I don't trust anyone.

Edited by yigal

12 hours ago, chgofirefighter said:

At this current moment I am having MPA build me an open and also an IDPA C/O version pistol.  It's been 8 weeks to finalize my order but I'm excited...  Can't wait!  

Let us know how it looks when you get it

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 5:44 PM, Cbritt said:

I have a DS9Open & shot it at USPSA Nat’s last weekend. I had 2 malfunctions, both of which were “operator error” & not the gun. 
i shoot for team MPA, so take my review for what it’s worth to you…

it’s the flattest shooting 9major gun I’ve ever shot. I’m using a 10 MOA RTS2 V5 dot. It returns to zero perfectly. 

601C2D4F-DDF1-423F-8F60-B08D36C6C1F5.jpeg

Why haven’t you convinced them to make a real lefty grip mag button?!?!  I’ve already asked

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Was looking at this thread a while back before I ordered mine. Took possession a little over a month ago now. The gun is awesome. It is my first open gun so take from it what you will, but it runs flawlessly. I've put 1100 rounds through it now and not had one issue except when my strong hand thumb was sticking up and the slide rack nailed it. Obviously user error. I'm still working on a reloading set up so I've been shooting Black Dot 9 major. The gun is extremely accurate, smooth, and very fast. Having a lot of fun with it. Happy to put some pictures here if requested. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/2/2024 at 7:17 AM, shootermcandrew said:

i wonder if there's any advantage to choosing between the DS38 or DS9 major. i like the look of these guns 

38-Pros: On average more reliable and you have more powder choices. Cons: You will turn into Gollum when it comes to brass collection.  9-Pros: You won't have to take a second mortgage on your house to buy brass.  Cons: You will probably have more work to get it to run reliably.