Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost Hydra P+ Holster

mrvip27

Thanks for that picture @HI5-O

Thicker and lighter sounds really good. If you can, please post a picture of the back side with the holster installed?

And sorry what do mean by RP Bracket?

Also how was removing the old hanger and installing the new one? Was it plug and play or did you have to modify anything or do something extra, maybe like loctite?

Edited by DenC

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, DenC said:

Thanks for that picture @HI5-O

Thicker and lighter sounds really good. If you can, please post a picture of the back side with the holster installed?

And sorry what do mean by RP Bracket?

Also how was removing the old hanger and installing the new one? Was it plug and play or did you have to modify anything or do something extra, maybe like loctite?

RP is Range Panda, got lazy typing. 

Plug and play, so simple. I did use Vibratite on the screws since there was no signs of any locking compound. 

IMG_1657.jpeg

Thanks very much @HI5-O

Looks really nice. Will look into getting one or maybe two.

This should also fit my "older style" Hydra P with the non-adjustable height attachment.

image.png.0f693aacdb1b2ead6744b5a1056246f5.png

By the way, got my Hydra P and Hydra P+ from Ghost Italy Dec 2022/Jan 2023. Both don't have that adjustment hole (I believe) in the rear of the holster like yours does. I understand that's to adjust the fit of the gun somewhat. Maybe a difference between the Made in Italy vs Made in USA versions. Or a running change.

If that hole is important to whoever is going to get this holster from Ghost Italy, might be good to check with them beforehand.

Edited by DenC

The belt mount is a little thick and may cause issues of the gun being too far away from the inner belt. I put the LOK palm swell panel on the left side of the gun so it will be in compliance. 

Looks like a great holster.  Looking to Upgrade my safariland 578.  The 578 is great, but I occasionally miss the button on the draw.  The Hydra will allow me to unlock before the draw.  The Hydra P with the Range Panda mod looks like a winner and with some mods, I'll be able to attach it to my QLS.  If only Ghost had it in stock in Left Handed.  Now the notorious waitlist for back in stock.

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2023 at 7:31 PM, Wrathen said:

the P+ I didn’t like the mounting on it at all. So did a QLS fork mod. 

This is awesome!  I'm currently running QLS on all of my setups as well.  However, it's been my understanding that adding a QLS fork system would increase the width a bit.  Have you been able to measure your modified rig to make sure it's still legal?  

18 minutes ago, jimFL77 said:

This is awesome!  I'm currently running QLS on all of my setups as well.  However, it's been my understanding that adding a QLS fork system would increase the width a bit.  Have you been able to measure your modified rig to make sure it's still legal?  

I think it did I've since switched it to a Henning Hanger on a dedicated belt it was more secure and worked better.

https://imgur.com/a/GVqD3DE

• 3 weeks later...

I bought one of these holsters for a Shadow 2 on here a couple weeks ago.  I had already heard about how bad the hanger was.  Came up with this solution but was easy because it is just a modification of my other stuff.  

Hydra.jpg

Hydra2.jpg

3 hours ago, SuperKing said:

How is it on the Henning hanger? Was thinking about getting a Hyrda P for my hanger, but not sure about it feeling too heavy.

Doesn’t feel heavy at all in my opinion feels nice a rigid. 

4 hours ago, aandabooks said:

I bought one of these holsters for a Shadow 2 on here a couple weeks ago.  I had already heard about how bad the hanger was.  Came up with this solution but was easy because it is just a modification of my other stuff.  

Hydra.jpg

Hydra2.jpg

Question

will this hanger work with a ghosts ultimate evo

i use your hangers on my SS and CO/production rigs and love them

On 8/2/2023 at 9:20 PM, rishii said:

Question

will this hanger work with a ghosts ultimate evo

i use your hangers on my SS and CO/production rigs and love them

Yes.  I have shorter screws on the way to mount the block from the Hydra P+ and the Evo to the drop plate.  It will have the ability to continue to use the factory thigh pad.  I sent for black anodizing yesterday.  

3 hours ago, aandabooks said:

Yes.  I have shorter screws on the way to mount the block from the Hydra P+ and the Evo to the drop plate.  It will have the ability to continue to use the factory thigh pad.  I sent for black anodizing yesterday.  

Cool

ill be ordering one soon

thanks

Really need to get that Range panda hanger soon. 

It is true that the factory hanger bends. Here's mine when I was just tightening it to my belt. Lesson: be careful not to overtighten if you haven't replaced the hanger yet.

image.png.400c597ba7aaf919db3e83a85b98bd51.png

Edited by DenC

6 hours ago, DenC said:

Really need to get that Range panda hanger soon. 

It is true that the factory hanger bends. Here's mine when I was just tightening it to my belt. Lesson: be careful not to overtighten if you haven't replaced the hanger yet.

image.png.400c597ba7aaf919db3e83a85b98bd51.png

How old is your Holster?  I went to the warehouse in Florida and picked up my Hydra P+ holster last month. I questioned them about the hanger.  The hanger had been updated.  Mine doesn't flex at all.  I would call them.

Thanks for sharing that info. I got mine last December from Ghost Italy. I guess could ask them to send me an updated one or just get the range panda hanger straightaway.

Edited by DenC

Thanks again for what you shared stick.

I sent an email to Ghost Italy and they responded they will be sending me 2 of "the more resistant" hanger (their words). 

Will report back once I get them to compare vs the old hangers I have on my Hydra P and P+

9 hours ago, DenC said:

Thanks again for what you shared stick.

I sent an email to Ghost Italy and they responded they will be sending me 2 of "the more resistant" hanger (their words). 

Will report back once I get them to compare vs the old hangers I have on my Hydra P and P+

Awesome!!!  Mine literally doesn't bend at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my Hydra P+ for my Prodigy.

Has the new stiffer hanger. You can see the stiffening ribs. Gun fits pretty loose. About 1/8” up and down play and about half of that in every other direction, but the trigger is covered the whole time. Outer shell is different too. You can definitely tell that this one is 3D printed.

Only comparable locking holster I have is the Big Dog Steel Carnivore competition holster for my Shadow 2. Much tighter slop free fit while having an even slicker draw and more secure lock. Not a fair comparison as i have it on the Henning T1000 hanger so it basically costs double the Hydra P+.

R8loSWk.jpg

NRvWjQF.jpg

ZiAo7vq.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got the upgraded hangers from Ghost Italy.
Thanks again @stick

They are much stiffer than the old hangers. The thickness is about the same, I guess its just the ribs that make it stronger. I will be using these for the meantime. Old hanger is on the left in the first pic and below on the second.

p1.1.jpg

p2.2.jpg

Edited by DenC

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. Did some measuring again with my Hydra P+ and Hydra P holsters after reading this article:

https://nroi.org/q-of-month-results/distance-from-belt/

Was always aware that for Production the pistol's grip was supposed to be within 2 inches (50mm) or according to the article, 2 1/8 when measured from the inner portion of the inner belt.

What I did not consider before was how it was supposed to be measured. According to the article it should be measured at the top of the attachment of the holster to the belt.

In this scenario there was no way I can get to within 2 1/8 on my Hydra P+ with the C-clip attached.

What I did prior to this was to angle the holster to a point where the rear of my grip would be at least 2 inches from the inner belt but I was measuring not on top of the attachment but at the closest point of my pistol grip to my inner belt.

If the measurement is indeed supposed to be on the top of the attachment point, no way I can make the 2 inches.

For open or limited though it would seem you would do just fine using the C-clip as the allowed distance is larger than in production, SS or carry optics.

Fortunately I have 4 factory hangers and 3 sets of bars which would allow you to remove the C-clip and and "direct attach" the holster to the belt. Now I am sure I am compliant of the rules.

As an aside, though I like being able to remove the holster from the belt easily and was never bothered by the C-clip not being solidly attached to the outer belt (can swing it forward-backward a bit), I like my setup better now.

Just posting this here for those who may be considering a Hydra P+ with the C-clip for use in production, SS or carry optics.

Or maybe I am measuring all wrong and cant figure out a way to use the C-clip and adjust the holster to stay within the 2 inch required. 

On 9/26/2023 at 10:25 AM, DenC said:

Or maybe I am measuring all wrong and cant figure out a way to use the C-clip and adjust the holster to stay within the 2 inch required. 

I registered just to say that I was just struggling with this myself. The NROI post is quite clear, and after spending a while messing around with the P+'s hanger, I don't see how it can possibly conform to production/CO rules. My overlays make it seem like it is off by 1/4" (not exaggerating). Even without accounting for an inner belt, I can't reach any grip from the hanger at the point of attachment.