Ghost Hydra P+ Holster

mrvip27

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have one and I love it. I'm a newer shooter, didn't make me go from D class to GM and but I do prefer it.

+The draw is way more consistent. I felt like I was frequently adjusting the thumb screws on my old holster. 

+Very adjustable

+Shipped in secure sturdy box

+ the locking mechanism is intuitive 

+The belt attachment makes it quick to snap off and put back on your belt. 

+ The build quality seems great, and the shroud seems attached very securely. 

-I didn't like the layout or content of the manual, the locking mechanism is intuitive however I would have liked something a little more comprehensive (what size screws if replacement is needed, best care practices for locking mechanism etc etc )  

-The belt attachment doesn't lock in place in place 100% without a hair of wiggle on my DAA Premium belt. 

Overall I think its a great product in terms of QOL and highly recommend it. 

14 hours ago, Itgma said:

I have one and I love it. I'm a newer shooter, didn't make me go from D class to GM and but I do prefer it.

+The draw is way more consistent. I felt like I was frequently adjusting the thumb screws on my old holster. 

+Very adjustable

+Shipped in secure sturdy box

+ the locking mechanism is intuitive 

+The belt attachment makes it quick to snap off and put back on your belt. 

+ The build quality seems great, and the shroud seems attached very securely. 

-I didn't like the layout or content of the manual, the locking mechanism is intuitive however I would have liked something a little more comprehensive (what size screws if replacement is needed, best care practices for locking mechanism etc etc )  

-The belt attachment doesn't lock in place in place 100% without a hair of wiggle on my DAA Premium belt. 

Overall I think its a great product in terms of QOL and highly recommend it. 

How much wiggle? Is the belt attachment not adjustable?

I use a "the one evo" for my open gun and am interested in getting one of these for my shadow 2. anyone have both and notice any actual differences in using them? (other than i guess having to draw a bit higher to clear the muzzle? 

16 hours ago, mrvip27 said:

How much wiggle? Is the belt attachment not adjustable?

Belt DAA Premium 

There is a little gap near the top of the belt where I think if I added like a spacer or some wadded up paper the wiggle would be removed entirely without much effort. If I have time after work next week I will try to add material and let you know. I hope this helps!

Edited by Itgma

12 hours ago, Itgma said:

Belt DAA Premium 

There is a little gap near the top of the belt where I think if I added like a spacer or some wadded up paper the wiggle would be removed entirely without much effort. If I have time after work next week I will try to add material and let you know. I hope this helps!

Interesting. Yeah a spacer would probably help. Looks like it uses the same drop hanger as the Thunder holster etc.

I bought a different holster from them that utilizes the same hanger, except that it uses a conventional bolt down rectangular belt attachment plate rather than a teklok. It has the thinnest hanger I've ever seen that got bent just from me tightening the screws. 

P.S. I submitted my review on their site, probably been 3 weeks now. Nowhere to be seen, while five star reviews are available for prospective shoppers to read :)

Edited by YVK

3 hours ago, YVK said:

I bought a different holster from them that utilizes the same hanger, except that it uses a conventional bolt down rectangular belt attachment plate rather than a teklok. It has the thinnest hanger I've ever seen that got bent just from me tightening the screws. 

P.S. I submitted my review on their site, probably been 3 weeks now. Nowhere to be seen, while five star reviews are available for prospective shoppers to read :)

The QD probably helps keep that hanger a little more stable but yes it looks super thin!

I want to try this one and the DAA max holster

• 1 month later...

I just received mine last Friday.  The height is adjustable enough that I was able to get the heel of the grip on my Shadow 2 to be right at belt level when canted.  I was concerned about the hanger and how much wiggle it would have, but when I put it on my DAA premium belt it isn't a problem at all.  

The locking mechanism is pretty slick and the draw is really nice from this holster.  Won't make me a better shooter, but I won't have to worry about my gun falling out while RO'ing a fast runner on a stage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have this for my shadow 2 and x5 legion… both have huge thumb rests 

holster is good… lots of adjustments 

Get the quick detach and it’s fully adjustable to the belt size and you can pop it right off 

don’t love the lock system (nothing beats a GX) but you get used to it.

17 hours ago, Gunsbygiz said:

Get the quick detach and it’s fully adjustable to the belt size and you can pop it right off 

thanks for the review sir!

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered one for my Sig x5 Legion. The "metal" hanger is kind of flimsy and I didn't like it..... SOOOO it was time to make it "custom". I'm going to finish it up tomorrow but ran a match and some dry fire so far and liked my modifications so I'll make the "final" tomorrow with some cutting and sanding. I have a Boss Hanger that is firm and I like that I already had a QLS system setup on. SO I mounted the Flimsy Ghost bracket onto a QLS form and did some test by moving the Ghost holster's bracket up one I could mount two screws through the top of the QLS fork ( removed in photo). This allows for 4 bolts through the bracket into the QLS form. It is firm and solid. Tomorrow I plan on cutting the extra Ghost bracket material off and getting it all set with Locktite. Then I'll be able to do my swaps between all the holsters I use on that belt without issue.

image.thumb.jpeg.5944dd88b4d631139bece27ff4e45e6f.jpeg

On 10/22/2022 at 12:57 AM, Gunsbygiz said:

For the x5 do you have the Align Tactical thumb rest? How does it clear the holster? Is the holster completely cut lower than the thumb rest? I've been trying to find a picture of the back of this holster online and there's not a single one, just a hundred pictures of the outside of it. 

11 hours ago, louu said:

For the x5 do you have the Align Tactical thumb rest? How does it clear the holster? Is the holster completely cut lower than the thumb rest? I've been trying to find a picture of the back of this holster online and there's not a single one, just a hundred pictures of the outside of it. 

I could put my Align thumb test on and take a photo for you. I found that for my hands trying to use the thumb rest actually made my grip worse so I took it off. … BUT it is in the safe and I could do a photo in the ghost holster if you want

11 hours ago, louu said:

went ahead and took some photos and made a video for you, hope this helps and was what you were looking for. 

https://imgur.com/a/g8JUbCK

58CACBDC-5C61-4D4C-9F5B-427FE080BB40.jpeg

11 hours ago, Wrathen said:

went ahead and took some photos and made a video for you, hope this helps and was what you were looking for. 

https://imgur.com/a/g8JUbCK

58CACBDC-5C61-4D4C-9F5B-427FE080BB40.jpeg

That's awesome man thank you so much. So it's actually a race holster with just a little cover over the bottom. It this actually production/CO legal? If it is I'm sold

Edited by louu

1 hour ago, louu said:

That's awesome man thank you so much. So it's actually a race holster with just a little cover over the bottom. It this actually production/CO legal? If it is I'm sold

yep It’s a CO legal “hanger” holster. The kydex at the bottom really does nothing but make it legal in CO