S&W M&P

Patrick Sweeney

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dave is coming out with sights for the MP. I Just talked with him today about them as a matter of fact.

similar to the glock sights??

Bryan..have you been shooting this gun?? Please PM with info..thanks :D

Some photoshop dreaming...

#1 standard, no rail

#2 G19 size compact

#3 IPSC competion medel

mpnorailspz6.jpg

Sweet...can you photoshop an Open M&P?

mpopenab6.jpg

Those dreams look darn good to me! I will take the 5in Production/Limited, and an Open M&P please.

Where do I place my order??? Maybe Jerry, Doug, Or Julie can help us out on that???

Dave is coming out with sights for the MP. I Just talked with him today about them as a matter of fact.

similar to the glock sights??

Bryan..have you been shooting this gun?? Please PM with info..thanks :D

Yes, they will be similar to the glock sights - PM enroute on the other.

Just picked up my new M&P 9 today. on the drive down I was thinking about how I was going to disable the mag safety. When I picked up the gun, I pulled the trigger without a mag and the trigger dropped, cool. The gun also had a factory installed extended slide release. I wish I new this since, this morning I orded one from smith. The product code #is 209301 and it's not listed in the 2006 cataloge. This looks like the one to get for someone wanting to shoot in production.

also checked it with a spare dawson from sight from my SW1911 and it fit. The height is .185

Edited by JohnRodriguez

John,

Did your gun have a Warning Laser Etched on the Bottom of the Ejection Port Side??

If so, you have one of the guns with "NO" Magazine Safety, that particular Model is not listed on the S&W Catalog.

The next M&P 9 I get, I want the one without the Magazine Safety.

Enjoy.

Y

Just picked up my new M&P 9 today. on the drive down I was thinking about how I was going to disable the mag safety. When I picked up the gun, I pulled the trigger without a mag and the trigger dropped, cool. The gun also had a factory installed extended slide release. I wish I new this since, this morning I orded one from smith. The product code #is 209301 and it's not listed in the 2006 cataloge. This looks like the one to get for someone wanting to shoot in production.

also checked it with a spare dawson from sight from my SW1911 and it fit. The height is .185

Edited by ysued

Just got done doing a trigger job on my M&P. tore the gun completly apart and polished everything that makes contact. changed the angle of the trigger transfer bar to sear now have .23" total trigger travel. Started with 7lbs 2 oz, now has 4lbs 9oz. Not bad for 2hrs work, and no manual on how to tear it apart.

Did my first pass at a M&P trigger job last night, using the instructions from http://www.burwellgunsmithing.com/M&Ptriggerjob1.htm

Turned out pretty well, easy to work on, easy to modify. Got the trigger weight down to about 3.5 pounds, and reduced overtravel somewhat.... I did not take the safety plunger out of the slide to round its corners off and polish, as I did not take the rear sight off, but did everything else shown in the link..... its definitely much nicer.

Next, after shooting it for a while for "break in", I'm going to polish the safety plunger and re-attack the sear angle/depth to see if I can get a little less overtravel and lighten it to sub 3 pounds.

I'm waiting til I get a new rear sight, though, for the remaining work, either Warren or Dawson, whoever gets on the market first (anyone listening? :) ).

Did my first pass at a M&P trigger job last night, using the instructions from http://www.burwellgunsmithing.com/M&Ptriggerjob1.htm

Turned out pretty well, easy to work on, easy to modify. Got the trigger weight down to about 3.5 pounds, and reduced overtravel somewhat.... I did not take the safety plunger out of the slide to round its corners off and polish, as I did not take the rear sight off, but did everything else shown in the link..... its definitely much nicer.

Next, after shooting it for a while for "break in", I'm going to polish the safety plunger and re-attack the sear angle/depth to see if I can get a little less overtravel and lighten it to sub 3 pounds.

I'm waiting til I get a new rear sight, though, for the remaining work, either Warren or Dawson, whoever gets on the market first (anyone listening? :) ).

I replaced the trigger return spring with a stock, glock trigger spring, and this cut about 1 lb off of my trigger pull weight. You might try this, as they are cheap, and easy to "undo" if you don't like it.

I haven't had any problems with mine.

I borrowed a buddy's M&P to try it out. Sure feels nice in the hand.

His gun already has a trigger job and is running about 4 lbs on my RCBS gauge. The reset is shorter too.

The stock trigger return spring is taking 2.25lbs to pull the trigger to the stop with the slide off of the gun. I can see room for improvement here for sure.

There is also a noticable increase in pressure when the safety plunger is engaged. For a competition gun I bet the plunger spring could be lightened at least a little bit.

Anyone seen the M&P compact yet? How does it compare in size to a glock compact? Will they be making a subcompact model?

There you go.

http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?...ghlight=compact

The compact is pretty subcompact. The standard M&P isn't much bigger than a Glock 19. So fairly compact. In theory a 5" model is in the works. *shrug*