Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cy,

Smith will sell you the slide stop just call their customer service dept:

By Telephone:

1-800-331-0852 (USA)

Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM Eastern Time

If you want you can send your gun back to them and they will install it free of charge. Just have to go without your gun for a bit.

Personally, I'd rather spend the $15-20 and keep my gun on my side. ;)

Dan Burwell

I love everything about my M&P 40 except the too small slide release. I just called the 800 number above and they sent me the new extended release free of charge. That is great service!!!

I met with a S&W Rep a few days ago on a range and he said that the Compact 9mm's have been shipping this month and the compact 40's will be shipping within 2 weeks. Says that I should be able to find one in a local store in 1-2 months.

Cy,

Smith will sell you the slide stop just call their customer service dept:

By Telephone:

1-800-331-0852 (USA)

Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM Eastern Time

If you want you can send your gun back to them and they will install it free of charge. Just have to go without your gun for a bit.

Personally, I'd rather spend the $15-20 and keep my gun on my side. ;)

Dan Burwell

I love everything about my M&P 40 except the too small slide release. I just called the 800 number above and they sent me the new extended release free of charge. That is great service!!!

I met with a S&W Rep a few days ago on a range and he said that the Compact 9mm's have been shipping this month and the compact 40's will be shipping within 2 weeks. Says that I should be able to find one in a local store in 1-2 months.

OOOPS,

:D I meant to say it's good to see other models of the M&P come out ,such as the compact. But what I really want to know is when we will see a 5" model with Adj Sights??

Brownells now has parts!!!

Check out the new products/ factory parts on Brownell's web site. It looks like most of the parts are available, or will be. The only thing I didn't see, that I would like to, is a listing for the extractor and spring.

Sear assemblys were listed as in stock, and I think strikers will be.

They are carrying mags too.

No more questions/concerns about parts availability.

I put another 200 rounds through my M&P 40 yesterday and I believe that this is the most ergonomic polymer pistol I have tried (a place that used to be held by my Steyr M9 and Steyr S9). I want the compact 40 and a sport/longslide 40 as well similar to the photoshop above.

What you see here is a Photo shopped gun, as far as I know S&W does not have a competition model planned, it is just wishful thinking most likely

I heard gossip of a 5" gun somewhere, will it look like the PhotoShop gun??

Probably not, but it will be a good one, if it's anything like the one I have (9mm)!!

I'll be looking out for one when it gets announced!!

Y

What you see here is a Photo shopped gun, as far as I know S&W does not have a competition model planned, it is just wishful thinking most likely

Yup...pure photoshop work. Magwell and basepad taken from a Glock, RedDot and compensator taken from an STI picture. I also heard that a 5" model is in the works. Might be up to the buyer to do the add-ons

I got a chance to fondle a standard model a while back. It's got a great feel to it. But if S&W is going to produce a 5" model with a few more whistles and bells, I'll wait.

I got a chance to fondle a standard model a while back. It's got a great feel to it. But if S&W is going to produce a 5" model with a few more whistles and bells, I'll wait.

I love my 9mm!!

It's a great gun!!

I might just go for another one :D:D

Everybody needs a backup!!

Y

I've heard the M&P points "like" a 1911 with a flat mainspring housing. Has anyone who shoots mostly 1911's directly compared the pointing of the M&P and a 1911 (with a flat mainspring housing) from the holster? Is it dead-on the same or is it close? If it is only close does the M&P point a bit high or low as compared to a 1911?

I've heard the M&P points "like" a 1911 with a flat mainspring housing. Has anyone who shoots mostly 1911's directly compared the pointing of the M&P and a 1911 (with a flat mainspring housing) from the holster? Is it dead-on the same or is it close? If it is only close does the M&P point a bit high or low as compared to a 1911?

I shoot both!!

Yes, theo do point in a similar manner,but not exactly!!

Y

My b-day/Christmas present this year was an M&P40 that I picked up last weekend. With the large grip insert, it feels like my 2011 at the mainspring housing, and a 1911 on the front strap. I like it!

Ran 100 rounds or so through it of mixed ammo that chronos at about 145pf - and it ran just fine and was very soft shooting.

At this point, I'm pleased. If the pistol turns out to be reliable over the long run, I think Smith has a serious contender here for Production or SSP.

Sights will have to go, can't stand 3 dots - will probably blacken out the dots in back and replace the front sight with a Dawson.

If you're a lefty and shoot production or SSP, I'd take a serious look at this pistol - completely reversable controls for the slide release and mag release (the slide release is already in place, and all you have to do is flop the mag release around).

The slack in the trigger was a little gritty at first, but it's already noticeably better after a week's worth of dry firing. The trigger actually breaks pretty clean - more so than the XD and a lot more so than a Glock.

I'll report back as I get some more rounds through it, but like I said - at this point I'm really pleased.

Vinny - I'd say if anything, the M&P points just a very small tad higher than a 1911. However, I pretty much "point" shot my way through an 18 round IDPA COF with targets within 5 yards and all were mozambiqued with absolutely no trouble hitting the targets accurately, I think I only dropped 2 pts ovl.

Sights will have to go, can't stand 3 dots - will probably blacken out the dots in back and replace the front sight with a Dawson.

I filled up my dots with PC7 Epoxy!! I'll be painting over the PC7 with Matte Black Testors or Krylon Paint.

I like the M&P, i have a feeling that it will rock on both Production & SSP!!

BTW, I like the Small Grip Insert better :D:D

I can't wait till Eric makes Grip tape for it!!

Hey Catfish, we'll have to compare notes, I picked up a 9mm one recently. Haven't shot it much yet, but am thinking of it once I get all my mags, etc.

An Uncle Mikes for a G21 fits pretty well, takes very minor work to make near perfect. And I'll be changing the front sight as well..... does the Dawson for a S&W1911 fit?

This place has a M&P specific sight, in custom sizes:

http://www.speedshooterspecialties.com/cat...tegories=Sights

Some trigger tuning tips I'll be trying shortly: http://www.burwellgunsmithing.com/M&Ptriggerjob1.htm

I hear a Glock 17 guide rod and spring fits perfect, will probably try a non-captured tungsten and 13 pound ISMI spring.

And EricW's grip tape, if he makes it for this gun at some point.

Hey Catfish, we'll have to compare notes, I picked up a 9mm one recently. Haven't shot it much yet, but am thinking of it once I get all my mags, etc.

An Uncle Mikes for a G21 fits pretty well, takes very minor work to make near perfect. And I'll be changing the front sight as well..... does the Dawson for a S&W1911 fit?

This place has a M&P specific sight, in custom sizes:

http://www.speedshooterspecialties.com/cat...tegories=Sights

Some trigger tuning tips I'll be trying shortly: http://www.burwellgunsmithing.com/M&Ptriggerjob1.htm

I hear a Glock 17 guide rod and spring fits perfect, will probably try a non-captured tungsten and 13 pound ISMI spring.

And EricW's grip tape, if he makes it for this gun at some point.

Talking to Bryan W, he says Dawson's got sights coming out soon, if they're not out already.

I'll give Burwell's site a look, everything I've read about him says he does quality work...

I asked Julie G about what she's shooting - and her reply was the 147g 9mm from Atlanta Arms, and is using the Warren Tactical sights.

See you in a couple of weeks!

Edited by Catfish

The SW 1911 front sight will not fit the M&P. We've got pretty much anything that's on the market right now for the M&P in stock, Blade Tech holsters in right and left hand, ISMI 13# springs, stainless guide rods, magazines, etc. From what I understand Julie is using the Warren rear sight and our front sight. Speed Shooter Specialties

Edited by kend

The Warren rear sight is made for the M&P but I don't think they're in production yet, I'm pretty sure the S&W people are using prototypes right now. It is a really nice sight, we have one on a gun here and it's very quick to pick up.