S&W M&P

Patrick Sweeney

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think the polymer formula will be a problem. S&W deliberately blew cases in the R&D before release, and thigns went as you'd expect. Fine up to a point, and then plastic did what plastic does.

And when it did, the steel parts were unphased, and could be re-installed in a new plastic lower.

The success of the M&P will be the years. Let's face it, Glock has provided a proven platform for over 20 years. There are many reasons it's the #1 selling handgun in the world. I certainly hope an American manufacturer can produce a product that exceeds the Glock in quality and longevity. We'll see what the years bring............

The success of the M&P will be the years. Let's face it, Glock has provided a proven platform for over 20 years. There are many reasons it's the #1 selling handgun in the world. I certainly hope an American manufacturer can produce a product that exceeds the Glock in quality and longevity. We'll see what the years bring............

You are right!!

At this time I like the way the M&P shoots, but I can't tell how it will hold up, like you say, only time will tell. But after 20 years of learning from Glock, I bet they S&W has learned a few lessons from Glock and from their own in the Schmegma!!

Y

I just picked up mine (in 9mm) this past weekend. I like the way it feels and points. The trigger is a bit rough, but I think it may improve with time. I can get to the mag release so much easier than with my old Beretta that I am having to retrain myself not to move my grip so much. So far I am pretty impressed, but I have not had a chance to get to the range yet...

I just picked up mine (in 9mm) this past weekend. I like the way it feels and points. The trigger is a bit rough, but I think it may improve with time. I can get to the mag release so much easier than with my old Beretta that I am having to retrain myself not to move my grip so much. So far I am pretty impressed, but I have not had a chance to get to the range yet...

You know that you can swap the Mag Catch and use your trigger finger to do the Mag Dumps!!

Y

Thought about doing that but I am getting used to the mag release where it is now. I have been doing reloads every night since I got the pistol and its not as much of an issue as it was. I just like the fact that I barely have to move my hand to hit the release now.

Just got my M&P 40 from Smith tonight. Save for the trigger, it has to be hands-down the best out of the box production handgun I've seen. I LOVE the mags and magwell. They just scream out of the gun and stuffing them back in is about as effortless.

I have a funny feeling that a couple more M&P's - particularly a compact will be coming home to roost soon.

Just got my M&P 40 from Smith tonight. Save for the trigger, it has to be hands-down the best out of the box production handgun I've seen. I LOVE the mags and magwell. They just scream out of the gun and stuffing them back in is about as effortless.

I have a funny feeling that a couple more M&P's - particularly a compact will be coming home to roost soon.

so when can we expect some fancy grip tape that is cut for the M&P?

so when can we expect some fancy grip tape that is cut for the M&P?

Probably January. Once I get them designed, I want to put at least 1K down the pipe and make sure that there aren't any issues before going into production. It also may take a bit of time to make sure that all three backstraps are wrinkle-free.

I keep messing with the M&P as I'm typing. I keep thinking..."Glock who?"

I had Dan Burwell do a trigger job on my M&P 9mm. I've had it back for two weeks, but just shot it today.

Many poeple seem to like the M&P stock trigger, but I don't like it at all. Dan's trigger job made it a whole new gun for me. I haven't put a gauge on it, but I'd guess it to be about 3.5# and the reset is significantly shortened.

I had Dan Burwell do a trigger job on my M&P 9mm. I've had it back for two weeks, but just shot it today.

Many poeple seem to like the M&P stock trigger, but I don't like it at all. Dan's trigger job made it a whole new gun for me. I haven't put a gauge on it, but I'd guess it to be about 3.5# and the reset is significantly shortened.

+1 on dan Burwell's Trigger Job!!

He's done both of mine!!

Now, Eric!!

You know if you don't get in gear wiht the M&P Grip tape, I have a Family Size can of Puertorican Whoop-Ass ready to be opened!! Don't make me get the can Opener!!!

Y

Just picked one up today at the gun show.. $450 out the door.. 9mm.. it does have the disconect and internal lock.. although i'm pretty sure i saw directions on how to take both out ?.. although all of them at the show did have both.. this time almost all the dealers had them..

Although i can't find the tool that unlocks or locks the lock in the box.. anyone know of anything that will sub to make it work ?

i'm checking with the guys i bought it from tomorrow i figured it should have been in the box seeing as this is new.

Going to shoot tomorrow :) can't wait and honestly i don't mind the trigger as is.. although i will be putting a fiber optic front sight on, may change the rear..

Now more mags and a holster and mag pouches.. and dies for the 550, brass and bullets.. oh my.. lol.. actually i'll probably just shoot WWB for a bit and add that stuff as i go.

If anyone can point me at the thread for the mag disconect and or the internal lock i'd appreciate it..

Thanks..

Jeff.

Just picked one up today at the gun show.. $450 out the door.. 9mm.. it does have the disconect and internal lock.. although i'm pretty sure i saw directions on how to take both out ?.. although all of them at the show did have both.. this time almost all the dealers had them..

I have the PDF with the Instructions on how to take both of them out, cantact me and I can give it to you!! But.... Brownells sells the Complete Sear Block without either for a little over $20.00

Although i can't find the tool that unlocks or locks the lock in the box.. anyone know of anything that will sub to make it work ?

I wouldn't even touch it!!

i'm checking with the guys i bought it from tomorrow i figured it should have been in the box seeing as this is new.

S&W will send you one for free!!

Going to shoot tomorrow :) can't wait and honestly i don't mind the trigger as is.. although i will be putting a fiber optic front sight on, may change the rear..

Dan Burwell can give you a Trigger Job, and repalce both sight s for you!!

Now more mags and a holster and mag pouches.. and dies for the 550, brass and bullets.. oh my.. lol.. actually i'll probably just shoot WWB for a bit and add that stuff as i go.

I'll be reloading for it soon, after over 15 years of not loading 9mm, but right now I shoot WWB!!!

If anyone can point me at the thread for the mag disconect and or the internal lock i'd appreciate it..

Thanks..

Jeff.

Jeff, PM me, I can E-mail you the PDF!!

Here's the part you need from Brownells!!

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/Pro...p;s=49790#49790

Guess what??

I happen to have an extra one, new in the Brownells Bag!! Do you need it??

This way, you just take your Sear Block out and Put this one in, no tinkering with small parts and minute springs!!

PM me!!

Edited by ysued

Quick question: How do you remove the spring from the captured guide rod? Unscrew the end like a G____ captured rod? Are the recoil springs interchangeable with G____? And...does anybody know what the stock spring weight is?

Thanks!

Quick question: How do you remove the spring from the captured guide rod? Unscrew the end like a G____ captured rod? Are the recoil springs interchangeable with G____? And...does anybody know what the stock spring weight is?

Thanks!

I don't know, I use a Glock 17 Wolff guide rod in my two M&P9s with a Wolff 15lb Glock recoil spring.