Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning T-1000 Holster Hanger

Posvar

I'm debating. My primary concern is that when there are so many joints that can be adjusted, there are as many joints that can get loose. Highly adjustable Ribas pouches never kept their position for me. I would've felt less uncertain if loctited screws weren't the only mechanism keeping things from moving.

2 hours ago, YVK said:

I'm debating. My primary concern is that when there are so many joints that can be adjusted, there are as many joints that can get loose. Highly adjustable Ribas pouches never kept their position for me. I would've felt less uncertain if loctited screws weren't the only mechanism keeping things from moving.

Watch the video GX Products did. Each screw has a lock washer. Not the cheap star washers but a serrated lock washer. Very well thought out setup. I'm thinking of getting one. 

I watched it. Washers are intended to resist vibration-induced loosening of screws and bolts. I don't know if that stressor is the same as a force of hand and arm coming down hard on a gun. 

I have to retighten all my gear regularly, some more often than others. More articulations - more places to loosen up. I am intrigued by this piece though. Would've been cool if Henning had gotten this in hands of few independent evaluators before the release. 

39 minutes ago, YVK said:

I watched it. Washers are intended to resist vibration-induced loosening of screws and bolts. I don't know if that stressor is the same as a force of hand and arm coming down hard on a gun. 

I have to retighten all my gear regularly, some more often than others. More articulations - more places to loosen up. I am intrigued by this piece though. Would've been cool if Henning had gotten this in hands of few independent evaluators before the release. 

I think that was the purpose in getting one to Lafe to try but it seems it was post release. 

Well I know many many people who use the everglades race holster and it has lots of screws and adjustment. Never heard of issues with it and it doesn't have the washers. Those washers are pretty good at not allowing screws to back off. IMO they are better then blue locktite. 

21 hours ago, YVK said:

It seems like a high level machinist and high level shooter wouldn't need independent testing to find out if a screw will stay tight. Still, there's no way this hanger wasn't tested before being released.   The loctited screws on my offbrand hanger have never loosened, so I would be even less concerned about a Henning product.  

I was on the fence until watching the GX Vice video on it, then went ahead and ordered one. 

The adjustability speaks for itself, and seemed nice but wasn't absolutely essential enough to make me jump.  What got me was that it fits on a single Lynx panel and because of the way the holster is moved forward of the mount.  I like my BOSS and it has enough adjustability for me, but it does make my thigh a bit sore from digging in forward of 3 o'clock.  This should mount around 3 o'clock while still holding the holster where I want it, which should spare my thigh.  Since it's there though, I'll take the extra adjustment as an added bonus.  My draw seemed a bit faster/more consistent on my PDR Pro II rig where I could tilt the grip in towards me a bit.  That hanger doesn't play too nice with the Lynx in my experience though or I'd just use it.

Mine showed up yesterday and I got it set up, just wanted to post a follow-up.  It's definitely the most compact hanger I've seen, but still feels very sturdy.  I was able to mount it at 3 o'clock while maintaining the slightly forward position of the holster that I prefer and it seems that it will alleviate the issue I had with the BOSS pressing on my thigh all day. 

The adjustability is nice and everything seems to lock down tight.  I initially set it up pretty neutral with the muzzle canted forward just a hair like I had it on the boss.  After that I decided to play with the other two adjustments(camber and toe I think the website called them) just to see if it felt beneficial at all.  I ended up with the grip turned just slightly inwards on both adjustments.  Won't pretend it's absolutely necessary, but I'd say that my draw feels more natural now like my arms/hands are moving how they want to move rather than adjusting to something else.

Haven't gotten it out to a match yet, but overall I'm pretty happy with the purchase(as one should be for a hanger this expensive lol...).

I recently received one of these.  Unfortunately for me, although the hanger adjusts on every axis imaginable, the holster itself can’t be adjusted up as far as I’d like. 

also the hanger digs into my hip, even with the optional pads. 

that said, the thing is very well crafted and infinitely adjustable. If you like to wear your holster low it should work.

Shot my first match with it yesterday.  I can confirm that, without the pads at least, it digs into my hip slightly.  I'll probably try the pads, but honestly it's nowhere near as bad as the BOSS holster was so I'm not too concerned about it.  

Other than that, not much too add.  It did it's job and I have no real complaints.

Edited by fbzero

I got to see one in person yesterday. I have to say, the fit and finish looked amazing. But lord he spent forever getting it set up. But some of the toe/camber features seemed like a very nice addition. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve been running a T-1000 for about two weeks on a CO setup I’m playing with while waiting on my open gun to be built. I absolutely love the Hanger. 
 I haven’t noticed any discomfort on the thigh like a couple others have had. The biggest pro to me is the adjustments allowed me to set it up for exact draw stroke I use with my race holster in limited/open. I like to have the barrel positioned a good bit out front instead of pretty much vertical like all other holster hangers.   

• 1 month later...

I just set up my belt with my A01 on a boss hanger and can't get the pistol as low as my tanfo setup. I may just NEED this hanger. Damn shame too since I like the boss hanger.....

Edited by Bakerjd

5 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

I just set up my belt with my A01 on a boss hanger and can't get the pistol as low as my tanfo setup. I may just NEED this hanger. Damn shame too since I like the boss hanger.....

Interesting. I have yet to get mine set up for my A01 but now I am a little concerned.