Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Casefeed options for a Dillon 750 (Karl Bibbs?)

I am going to be moving from a 550 to an XL750 and am looking at my casefeeding options. I am considering going with Karl Bibbs 3D printed setup but am wondering if I could hear some feedback first from someone who may have it. 

I’d really like a clean looking and reliable setup. I don’t have much experience with 3D printed stuff like this but I don’t want to end up being nickel and dimed to the hardware store or something like that. I haven’t spoken to Karl yet so I don’t know if that could be the case. 

$325 + shipping for Dillon or $200 plus shipping for Karl Bibbs is what I’m seeing. 

If anyone has a 3D printed one and can provide pictures that would be awesome!

Everyone is going to have their own opinion. Every 3D printed idem I have tried. Gave me issues. Three Dillon case feeders. Not a single one has ever failed to work. I read about issues. But haven't experienced any of them.

I bought one for my LNL and it works well but is the same size as the bullet feeder so you are feeding it often. For the money I would get the Dillon from Scheels for $290 with free shipping.

2 hours ago, Johnnymazz said:

Dillon with the DAA turbo plate is the way to go.

Or without the aftermarket plate. My stock Dillon has been just fine.

Edited by Sarge

The real answer imho is to spend 175 dollars on a 3D printer. Case feeders cost 50 bucks to make. I know that guy has to make a profit and all that but they are very, very cheap to produce yourself. You can buy a printer and make a case feeder + bullet feeder for the price of a Dillon case feeder.

I just finished putting together my 3d printed case feeder last night. The thing looks extremely "clean". Functions incredibly well. There are a few community projects going on for these things, I used the "homefree bullet feeder". The files come with a user manual that walks you through exactly what you need to do to get it up and running. 

There is a very small learning curve to getting into 3D printing but the possibilities are nearly endless in a hobby like this one. Just my 2 cents, I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about this option. 

Edited by CC3D

52 minutes ago, CC3D said:

The real answer imho is to spend 175 dollars on a 3D printer. Case feeders cost 50 bucks to make. I know that guy has to make a profit and all that but they are very, very cheap to produce yourself. You can buy a printer and make a case feeder + bullet feeder for the price of a Dillon case feeder.

I just finished putting together my 3d printed case feeder last night. The thing looks extremely "clean". Functions incredibly well. There are a few community projects going on for these things, I used the "homefree bullet feeder". The files come with a user manual that walks you through exactly what you need to do to get it up and running. 

There is a very small learning curve to getting into 3D printing but the possibilities are nearly endless in a hobby like this one. Just my 2 cents, I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about this option. 

This is a thought I had as well. I have a likely outdated set of files for a casefeeder on an old hard drive I could use. 

I’ll send you a message on here and ask some questions I have. 

Thanks. 

15 hours ago, AHI said:

Everyone is going to have their own opinion. Every 3D printed idem I have tried. Gave me issues. Three Dillon case feeders. Not a single one has ever failed to work. I read about issues. But haven't experienced any of them.

This is my worry as well. I don’t want to constantly be adjusting or printing new parts for the 3D versions. 

14 hours ago, OpenshooterAclass4lyfe said:

Dillion variable speed case feeder with daa turbo pistol plate.  I don’t know anything about the Bibbs one but my Dillion casefeeder with daa plate has been amazing. 

I’m curious, does a person need to be automated to get the benefit of the turbo plate? From what I’ve seen online, the regular Dillon case feeder seems fairly quick. 

7 hours ago, jubi351 said:

I bought one for my LNL and it works well but is the same size as the bullet feeder so you are feeding it often. For the money I would get the Dillon from Scheels for $290 with free shipping.

Size is another issue like you’re saying. I was reading last night that Karl Bibbs sells a conversion for the Bullet Feeder to be a Casefeeder or vice versa. So that leads me to believe the case feeder would be small. 

3 minutes ago, Edwards30 said:

This is my worry as well. I don’t want to constantly be adjusting or printing new parts for the 3D versions. 

I’m curious, does a person need to be automated to get the benefit of the turbo plate? From what I’ve seen online, the regular Dillon case feeder seems fairly quick. 

Size is another issue like you’re saying. I was reading last night that Karl Bibbs sells a conversion for the Bullet Feeder to be a Casefeeder or vice versa. So that leads me to believe the case feeder would be small. 

The daa turbo plate from what I’ve heard removed a lot of the issues with the stock plate.  It doesn’t have to be automated to get a benefit of the daa plate. 

To the point about issues with 3D printed parts, a Mr. Bullet feeder and Dillon case feeder set up will run you about 800 on the low end. For my fellow budget minded friends, I'll take the trade off of having to do a little tinkering any day. 

On top of that, buying something that someone else printed is a weird in-between that doesn't make much sense to me. I get it for niche parts that you only need one of, but the benefit to a 3D printed case feeder for example is being able to make it for 50 bucks, and have the ability to adjust, enhance, and make replacement parts on the fly. 

A lot of accessories these companies sell to you for 30 bucks can be printed for literal cents. Obviously there are limitations, I won't go printing a "strong mount" anytime soon but there are plenty of other justifications for investing in a printer. With that said it's certainly not for everyone. 

I got a 3d printer over a year ago based on the projects in the reloading discord. My printer easily paid for itself 5x over in reloading projects and was very easy to get going. On the high end, a bullet or case feeder costs about $100-110 for the first one and $60 for every one after that. Also depending on the size of printer, you can make huge 3d printed feeders and if a motor blows, you can cheaply replace it compared to what Dillon charges.

But if you're not comfortable with a 3d printer, I'd likely buy actual because as discussed the sold.3d printed ones aren't much cheaper to justify them.

10 minutes ago, Intheshaw1 said:

I got a 3d printer over a year ago based on the projects in the reloading discord. My printer easily paid for itself 5x over in reloading projects and was very easy to get going. On the high end, a bullet or case feeder costs about $100-110 for the first one and $60 for every one after that. Also depending on the size of printer, you can make huge 3d printed feeders and if a motor blows, you can cheaply replace it compared to what Dillon charges.

But if you're not comfortable with a 3d printer, I'd likely buy actual because as discussed the sold.3d printed ones aren't much cheaper to justify them.

Which printer did you go with? I looked up the Ender 3 earlier. 

I haven’t seen the files in the reloading discord yet. I’ll have to check that out. 

Same here, my printer has paid for itself over and over.

Ender 3 is a great one to start with, probably wouldn't recommend anything else for someone getting into the community based on the support available for the Ender and price point. Sure there are other options, but you cant go wrong with the ender. 

I'd like to clarify my original point in proposing getting a printer and making it yourself:

If you're going to spend 200 bucks on a 3D printed feeder someone else made, you might as well just spend 300 on the real thing. But if you're interested in the prospect of 3D printed accessories for reloading etc, that 200 would be much better spent on getting a printer yourself. 

17 minutes ago, Edwards30 said:

Which printer did you go with? I looked up the Ender 3 earlier. 

I haven’t seen the files in the reloading discord yet. I’ll have to check that out. 

I have an ender 3 pro and a CR10. If you have a microcenter by you, they sell base ender 3s on coupon for $99 every month or so.

The reloading discord has files and a manual on how to put together and print lists based on the motor you select and some other parameters. It's pretty straight forward and has good support. 

There is also a 3d printed router adapter for case trimming that's pretty good and saved me another $300 there.

I 3D printed my own BF, and while I think it worked quite well, I sucked at wiring it and also didn't find it terribly robust. I think the newer bullet feeders are a little better in this regard, but I didn't regret just buying the MrBF later on when I wanted a more production-ready solution.

I wouldn't even bother for a case feeder; you want more volume, and the DAA plate is really very good for pistol feeding.

On 4/12/2022 at 4:12 PM, OpenshooterAclass4lyfe said:

Dillion variable speed case feeder with daa turbo pistol plate.  I don’t know anything about the Bibbs one but my Dillion casefeeder with daa plate has been amazing. 

👍🏻 What he said. The DAA plate makes a huge difference (at least to me).

On 4/12/2022 at 5:57 PM, 67isb said:

I don't see how a 3d printed case feeder will be, "clean looking" compared to a Dillon.  You can get the case feeders from Scheels.com with free shipping.

I 3D printed this bullet feeder. I might not be as "clean" looking but I don't think it looks bad.  It works perfect and for the less than $150 plus my time in it. 

bulletfeeder.jpg

Edited by Kokeman

9 minutes ago, Kokeman said:

I 3D printed this bullet feeder. I might not be as "clean" looking but I don't think it looks bad.  It works perfect and for the less than $150 plus my time in it. 

bulletfeeder.jpg

I have the files for the Ammo Mikes one and am considering printing my own bullet feeder.  Doing the math though, the cost of a 3D printer plus the cost of all the non-printed feeder parts can easily reach $300.  I'm not sure I would 3D print much after so thats the issue longterm.  Might just be better off buying a 3D printed one for ~$200

9 minutes ago, jubi351 said:

Looks great! I need to buy a 3d printer so I can offset the cost of another bullet feeder.

If you are close to microcenter they have a coupon for an Ender 3 for $99.