Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 & Trijicon SRO....The view, does the front sight interfere?

rbx

On 3/22/2022 at 11:30 AM, rbx said:

Hey OPENB,

What exactly did you do last night?  Did you remove the front sight and roll pin and put the pin back?  Was it hard to remove.  Any help is appreciated as I am not to mechanically inclined...LOL

Sorry, been so busy, not on here a lot. Yes, I removed the front sight and reinstalled the pin to keep the bushing in place. I had fired a magazine's worth of ammo before putting the pin back in, and noticed the bushing had started to walk out. Just use the right sized punch, it's really very simple. 

On 3/16/2022 at 6:41 PM, rbx said:

WOW, Quack. That is Great.  TY so much and........................I just finished mounting mine and so far I have removed the red fiber optic.  I may leave it that way or grind it down.  I iwll have to see after I try it.  Without the fiber, it is much less noticeable, but still in view

my dpp looks pretty much the same. I personally just ignore it. on the rare occasion that i don't find the dot immediately, i know i can just put the front sight at the bottom of the window and the dot will be where it's supposed to be. also if the dot decides to die mid-stage, I'm confident that i can hit some things.  I had a different cz a couple years ago that had the front sight ground down, and I never noticed it not being there either, except when the dot died mid-stage, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 8:20 PM, Rjracing said:

Remove the front sight… it was a distraction I didn’t even know was there until I took it off.

On my S2 Orange I have not removed the front sight, lol~  It was machined to accept the Trijicon SRO and I decided to leave the front sight to acquire closer targets faster...  😂

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, fcernese said:

I’m still new to CO so more then once the front site has helped me find the dot while drawing.

I suggest getting rid of that habit fast.  Learn to draw your gun so the dot shows up where you're looking without reference to anything else.

1 minute ago, Eli_a said:

How are SROs holding up on these shadows ? Read a while back that shadows could be a little harder on optics than slides that don’t sit inside the frame. 

It’s probably the most popular carry optic set up I’ve seen. I only know of one in my group that has failed and he shoots a lot. 

31 minutes ago, Eli_a said:

How are SROs holding up on these shadows ? Read a while back that shadows could be a little harder on optics than slides that don’t sit inside the frame. 

They are holding up better than anything I have seen so far. On an A01 but similar plate and mounting design

4 hours ago, Eli_a said:

I had an SRO go bad on me at the beginning of April after 3 years of shooting… 20K rnds maybe?  -hey, there’s an ammo shortage going on, or it’d be more.  Dealing with Trijicon CS was very straight forward.  Called them, explained the issue and they sent me a RA and shipping label.  4 week turn around including shipping time there and back to get the sight repaired.  According to the paperwork, they replaced the 5MOA “electronics kit” and the lens (which surprised me bc there wasn’t anything wrong with the lens that I could see).  Same body, according to the serial number.   

Mine is direct milled.  

On 5/14/2022 at 3:01 PM, Eli_a said:

Read a while back that shadows could be a little harder on optics than slides that don’t sit inside the frame. 

Whoever said that has no idea what he's talking about.  How the slide connects to the frame has zero influence in the foces and stresses applied to the optic or its fasteners.

Both of my SROs are doing fine.  The oldest one has to be over 10K rounds.

Edited by Johnny_Chimpo