Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

We are now taking pre-orders for RevUp Action(TM) hammers

Toolguy

Hey, everyone,

I wanted to share the e-mail update we just sent out to the people who have signed up on our site.

314db4b6-379b-c06f-b441-1b9212e7c9a9.png
Pre-orders are still open!

We have some good news! We are nearing the time when we can begin shipping N-frame hammer orders, with K- and L-frame hammers to follow soon after. We have re-evaluated and determined that we only need 100 orders to be able to make the first run.

If you have already pre-ordered, please accept our sincere thanks

Once the first 100 items are claimed, prices will be going up, so please pass the word so that your friends can get in on the current pricing.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On a semi related question, how many revolver competitors are the in the USA?

Probably 10-15% are your potential customers. Probably 2% are your actual customers.

Keep in mind that 86% of internet statistics are incorrect or made up.

We plan to start shipping N frame hammers the first part of March, and hopefully K+L hammers the latter part of March or first part of April. We are hoping that once the word gets around others besides competitors will want them as well. There is no guarantee for us that this will be a successful venture. All we can do is try.

2 hours ago, ysrracer said:

About 700 different people submitted USPSA revolver scores in 2021, according to the USPSA Insights instagram guy, if I'm remembering right.

Really excited, Warren. I've ordered one; my other two N-frames are "tuned"* but depending on how much I like the feel of this kit I might be ordering two more.

*Well, one. The other is hypothetically tuned but it's still at the smith's nine months later. Hence my excitement for this kit, lol.

17 hours ago, ysrracer said:

Probably 10-15% are your potential customers. Probably 2% are your actual customers.

Keep in mind that 86% of internet statistics are incorrect or made up.

That would be a revo related question. No semis here.

21 minutes ago, matteekay said:

Really excited, Warren. I've ordered one; my other two N-frames are "tuned"* but depending on how much I like the feel of this kit I might be ordering two more.

*Well, one. The other is hypothetically tuned but it's still at the smith's nine months later. Hence my excitement for this kit, lol.

Thanks, Matt. That is one of the big plusses of the kit. No shipping your gun far away and waiting who knows how long to get it back. No chance of it getting lost or stolen in transit, because you always have it.

I have tried very hard to make these true "drop in" parts, but we won't know for sure until we get some out there. There may be guns with more plus or minus tolerances than any I have (they work fine in all of mine). Hopefully only minor fitting of any that don't drop in. If anyone has a problem, we'll do our best to resolve it in a satisfactory manner.

9 hours ago, Toolguy said:

I have tried very hard to make these true "drop in" parts, but we won't know for sure until we get some out there. There may be guns with more plus or minus tolerances than any I have (they work fine in all of mine). Hopefully only minor fitting of any that don't drop in. If anyone has a problem, we'll do our best to resolve it in a satisfactory manner.

I'll try it in the two N-frames I have on-hand to see if it drops into both. One is steel and has about a billion rounds through it and the other is scandium so it should be a good test of tolerances.

8 hours ago, Toolguy said:

Matt- I just realized - you must be a millionaire to have all those Rhinos AND a bunch of Smiths!

I mean... I do okay, but nothing like that. Really it's that I hyper-focus on one platform and sell off everything I don't use on a regular basis. I also quit buying revo's after the prices went bonkers.

2 hours ago, Toolguy said:

Just kidding about the millionaire part. 🙂

I wish you weren't... 

The real question is, how many primers do I have to feed said revolvers? That's how you really determine someone's wealth nowadays, lol.

22 hours ago, matteekay said:

I wish you weren't... 

The real question is, how many primers do I have to feed said revolvers? That's how you really determine someone's wealth nowadays, lol.

Yep litlle gold nuggets aren't they.

Guys, I have handled the prototypes.  You guys all know that I'm not inclined to use aftermarket hammers, but I'm here to testify that the magic is real with this one.  

My initial order has been placed. 

1 hour ago, Carmoney said:

Guys, I have handled the prototypes.  You guys all know that I'm not inclined to use aftermarket hammers, but I'm here to testify that the magic is real with this one.  

My initial order has been placed. 

I only care about 1 thing- is it faster? 

Hi Michael. I don't know if its faster. It IS easier to control where the shots go. I have always thought of the speed part as more of a shooter attribute rather than a mechanical one.

4 hours ago, Toolguy said:

Hi Michael. I don't know if its faster. It IS easier to control where the shots go. I have always thought of the speed part as more of a shooter attribute rather than a mechanical one.

Ordered. I’m very curious to see how this turns out. I’m skeptical about everything, especially lots of excitement around a product very few people have actually used. 

Having Mike say he’s impressed is enough for me to drop some money on this, given Mike and I see a lot of things the same when it comes to revos and how they’re set up for matches. 

What’s the timeline for this Warren? Something we will see this summer and I’ll pencil it in as a winter project later this year? 

I think most people are understandably skeptical. This is something different that no one has ever figured out since the beginning of revolvers. The last major improvement was in 1909, which is what most of the major brands are based on, except for a few esoteric ones like Rhino, Korth, and Manhurin. The colt Python action is what they changed FROM in 1909, in terms of how the hammer and trigger interact. It might be hard to imagine that someone could come up with another improvement after all that time, with so many people working on it over all those years. I think most people are waiting for someone else to verify because very few have gotten to personally try this out so far.

We are planning to ship N frame hammers during the month of March, and K+L hammers during April. We are in the middle of making the N hammers now. No one can predict the future, and we have had a lot of setbacks, but doing our best to forge ahead.