Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Announcing the new, patent pending, RevUp Action(TM) hammer.

Toolguy

Announcing the new, patent pending, RevUp ActionTM hammer, brought to you by RevUp ActionTM.

This new hammer is the first major design change in revolver actions since 1909, when Charles Stone patented his shifting point of engagement in revolver actions. Every improvement in revolver hammers until now has been in manufacturing processes and in lightening the hammer by skeletonizing or reducing weight in other ways. While these have been good improvements, none has allowed trigger pull weights to be reduced as much as the RevUp ActionTM hammer allows.

An industry contact has shown the RevUp ActionTM hammer to Smith & Wesson recently (as early as 1 November). We are awaiting their comments.

New-style Smith & Wesson K-, L-, and N-frame revolvers fitted with the RevUp ActionTM hammer and with factory springs can see a linear reduction in trigger pull weight over the course of the trigger pull by up to 8 pounds. This means that if you start with a 12-pound trigger pull weight, then the trigger pull weight at let-off is 4 pounds.

With springs provided in the RevUp ActionTM hammer kit, set for Federal primers, your trigger pull weight can start as low as 7 pounds, and will reach as low as 2.5 pounds at let-off. As with single action, the final trigger pull weight is determined by the rebound spring. As always, smoothness depends not only on this hammer, but also upon the interaction of all the parts involved.

The RevUp ActionTM hammer will be available as a semi-drop-in kit. Most hammers should be drop-in replacements, but due to variations in revolver manufacture, some fitting may be required. We recommend that your gunsmith fit your hammer kit.

As you can see, this is a real game-changer for competitive revolver shooting.

Take a look at our website, revupaction.com, for more information, including videos. We will soon be taking pre-orders. We will need to have a certain amount of pre-orders to begin the first production run, so watch for the pre-order opening announcement and get your order in!

21 minutes ago, RangerMcFadden said:

Do you have an email distribution we can sign up for?

We will be doing what amounts to crowd funding with the first round of orders placed. Once we get the details of that figured out (soon), there will be a way to order on the website. All orders will be recorded there and as soon as the first parts are available, they will be filled in the order they were placed. It will take some time to get production ramped up. Once everything is rolling, orders will be filled in a more timely manner.

5 minutes ago, matteekay said:

Quick piece of site feedback: see if you can position the Accessibility toggle somewhere else. It's sitting in the top left and covering most relevant actions.

Noted, thanks! I'll see if I can relocate it.

Edit:  Changed. Better, @matteekay?

Edited by thock

1 minute ago, practical_man said:

Hey Tracy, I signed up too. When can we send money?  We’ve been waiting a long time for these to become reality. 

Soon! I will e-mail anyone who signs up, AND reply to this post/have Warren update this post about the ability to take payments.

I don't fully understand the initial post. It reads like the pull weight can start at 7 lbs (with new springs and soft primers) and drops as you pull the trigger if I am reading it correctly. 

My tuned & tweaked 929 is right at 5 3/4 # throughout the trigger stroke, so if I am looking at things right I really don't know which I could shoot better. 

59 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

I don't fully understand the initial post. It reads like the pull weight can start at 7 lbs (with new springs and soft primers) and drops as you pull the trigger if I am reading it correctly. 

My tuned & tweaked 929 is right at 5 3/4 # throughout the trigger stroke, so if I am looking at things right I really don't know which I could shoot better. 

Yes, the trigger pull gets lighter as you pull it. Essentially, it smoothly gets lighter and lighter till it's gone, but very controllable. If you go to the website, you can see what the trigger is doing in the video. I invented and built a new kind of trigger pull gage to show this. A regular trigger pull gage only gives the highest reading.

If you already have a 6# or under trigger, you won't be able to tell much difference with the new hammer. Don't change it.

This kit is for those who don't want to spend the time and money to send their gun off across the country for who knows how long. They can get the kit sent to them and have a great trigger by doing their own, or taking it to a local smith. It is also for gunsmiths who want to have an easy, good trigger job. This way, you don't have to be a Master Revolver Smith (not many left) to get a really good trigger.

Edited by Toolguy