Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Announcing the new, patent pending, RevUp Action(TM) hammer.

Toolguy

23 minutes ago, SSGGlock said:

How do you signup?

go to the revupaction.com website. Click on the Subscribe at the top. Fill out the information. Make sure that the check box is checked. Click on Submit at the bottom.

13 hours ago, Toolguy said:

Yes, the trigger pull gets lighter as you pull it. Essentially, it smoothly gets lighter and lighter till it's gone, but very controllable. If you go to the website, you can see what the trigger is doing in the video. I invented and built a new kind of trigger pull gage to show this. A regular trigger pull gage only gives the highest reading.

If you already have a 6# or under trigger, you won't be able to tell much difference with the new hammer. Don't change it.

This kit is for those who don't want to spend the time and money to send their gun off across the country for who knows how long. They can get the kit sent to them and have a great trigger by doing their own, or taking it to a local smith. It is also for gunsmiths who want to have an easy, good trigger job. This way, you don't have to be a Master Revolver Smith (not many left) to get a really good trigger.

Got it. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

We are now taking pre-orders!

We would also appreciate any donations you can afford to help us with.

We will need about 150 pre-orders to make these hammers a reality, so please spread the word around.

• 2 months later...
On 11/10/2021 at 6:12 PM, Toolguy said:

Yes, the trigger pull gets lighter as you pull it. Essentially, it smoothly gets lighter and lighter till it's gone, but very controllable. If you go to the website, you can see what the trigger is doing in the video. I invented and built a new kind of trigger pull gage to show this. A regular trigger pull gage only gives the highest reading.

If you already have a 6# or under trigger, you won't be able to tell much difference with the new hammer. Don't change it.

This kit is for those who don't want to spend the time and money to send their gun off across the country for who knows how long. They can get the kit sent to them and have a great trigger by doing their own, or taking it to a local smith. It is also for gunsmiths who want to have an easy, good trigger job. This way, you don't have to be a Master Revolver Smith (not many left) to get a really good trigger.

36 minutes ago, cking said:

I don't see anything special, Apex an T K Custom have DA only hammers that get to 4# with federal primers

I think toolguy explained it plain and simple back in November 2021. The only question I have is will the reset be better and hopefully it is. The only problem with the 4lb triggers and don’t take me wrong as Apex and TK are excellent at the work that they  do. The reset or rebound is weak and if you do not force yourself to fully release the trigger you will end up short stroking. That is why all my revolvers are set at 6.5lbs. 
Besides that what have you come up with that is new and innovating for revolvers. 
🏻🇺🇸

1 hour ago, cking said:

I don't see anything special, Apex an T K Custom have DA only hammers that get to 4# with federal primers

CK:

Question.  Is the case of a four pound trigger due to using a DA only hammer?  I have both APEX and TK and four pounds results in 100% failure to ignite any primer.  Not that I particularly like that light a trigger pull on a revolver -- but just asking if it is due to a DA only hammer.

GG

1 hour ago, cking said:

It's not what you see, it's what you feel and what's reality.

A 4lb reliable and retainable DA trigger pull is a unicorn.

With the help of toolguy, my 929's trigger is better than any other custom worked on trigger I've had the pleasure of pulling and I don't think can get any better or reliable, but I'm all for supporting the advancement of anything to do with revolvers, that also supports a great guy in the process.

The main advantage to this hammer kit is that you can do your own really good action without having to send the gun off across the country. Plus the gun owner can set it up just how they want it, instead of being stuck with what someone else did at a distant location. Also, you don't have to be a master gunsmith to do it. I did all the gunsmithing for you, so all you have to do is drop it in and go. The difference in this hammer is that you get compound leverage on the mainspring because of the toggle linkage, similar to that on a reloading press. This is unique among revolver actions.

Edited by Toolguy

1 hour ago, shoots100 said:

It's not what you see, it's what you feel and what's reality.

A 4lb reliable and retainable DA trigger pull is a unicorn.

With the help of toolguy, my 929's trigger is better than any other custom worked on trigger I've had the pleasure of pulling and I don't think can get any better or reliable, but I'm all for supporting the advancement of anything to do with revolvers, that also supports a great guy in the process.

The only way to approach 4 lbs is to lighten the hammer, TK is the lightest, smooth everything up so that a lighter rebound spring will work, have an extended firing pin, and make sure your end shake and headspace is at minimum spec's.  Then as you run it, things will loosen up and will either have to adjust the changes or up the weights.

Oh and thne there's the unseen fairy dust that's needed.  Some guns are just "fit" better and can go lower.  And then there is Murphy at the Match waiting.

Currently I have a 627 PC down to 4 lbs 1 oz, with a 32 oz hammer fall, and it's lighting off Federal, WSP, Fiocchi and CCI (newer) Primers.  Have close to a thousand rounds of the various primers.  But haven't taken it to a match yet, and 1000 rounds just isn't enough to be confident with it at a serious match.  It's taken me a while to get it there, and how long will it last?

Warren's idea would definitely make it easier and it should last longer.  Almost sounds like a reverse Colt Revolver Action, they usually were smooth but stacked towards the end.  

I'm hoping Warren will bring one out to one of our ICORE Matches and let me play with it!

I have them at all the matches. I have been running them in my match guns for over a year field testing them. Most of my guns start at 6-1/2 to 7 lbs. and go down to around 2-1/2 to 3 lbs, before the hammer falls. Every gun is slightly different, no 2 are exactly alike, measured on the trigger pull scale. They all feel very similar, though. Some guns can be reliable at a slightly lighter setting than others. That part will never change.

These will be for the firing pin in frame K,L, and N. There are pics in a RevolverGuy writeup about the SHOT Show, showing the hammer at rest and cocked with the sideplate off.  https://revolverguy.com/ The products are listed in alphabetical order. RevUp Action is just after Remington.

Edited by Toolguy

6 hours ago, Toolguy said:

I have them at all the matches. I have been running them in my match guns for over a year field testing them. Most of my guns start at 6-1/2 to 7 lbs. and go down to around 2-1/2 to 3 lbs, before the hammer falls. Every gun is slightly different, no 2 are exactly alike, measured on the trigger pull scale. They all feel very similar, though. Some guns can be reliable at a slightly lighter setting than others. That part will never change.

Maybe I can play with one at one of our early ICORE Matches at MC?  If I can pry myself away from the timer!