Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2022 USPSA Classic Nats

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/2/2022 at 11:45 AM, ysrracer said:

Where and when will "open registration" be listed?

Is there a link on practiscore ?

Slots are out and open until March 5th, then Open Registration will be available.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Fishbreath said:

but the most interesting ones are too far away.

What is too far away?   We stayed in Anniston which was 30 minutes away.  Good food and amenities in Anniston and a good selection of Airbnb's as well.

21 hours ago, Fishbreath said:

I was looking at Airbnb options, but the most interesting ones are too far away. I'm curious what other people are doing.

I'm on 206.

Guess we'll get to meet I'm on 206 as is my buddy, the only GM so far.  He said stay away from the Holiday Inn Express in Taladega, we're staying at the one in Pell City.  There is also a Cabin Resort even closer, https://www.talladegacreekside.com/cabins never been so?

• 2 weeks later...

I serving as an RO and shooting this as well.  I think we are up to 38 or so revolver shooters.  I'm looking forward to seeing all you folks.

I would like to see them have a separate revolver match.  Limited 10 is NOT a classic division, IMHO.

https://www.talladegacreekside.com/cabins is good place to stay if you can get in.  I've stayed there a couple of times, FWIW.

3 hours ago, abbafandr said:

I serving as an RO and shooting this as well.  I think we are up to 38 or so revolver shooters.  I'm looking forward to seeing all you folks.

I would like to see them have a separate revolver match.  Limited 10 is NOT a classic division, IMHO.

https://www.talladegacreekside.com/cabins is good place to stay if you can get in.  I've stayed there a couple of times, FWIW.

39 at last count.  Heck we've got 16 now at the Kansas Free State!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 12:51 PM, abbafandr said:

I would like to see them have a separate revolver match.

I would not, a 1 day match isn't worth traveling to. I went to PASA park in '16 and the revolver match felt like an afterthought. Revolver is a division like any other and deserves to be part of a multi day match.

1 hour ago, PatJones said:

I would not, a 1 day match isn't worth traveling to. I went to PASA park in '16 and the revolver match felt like an afterthought. Revolver is a division like any other and deserves to be part of a multi day match.

I agree. ICORE changed the SW Regional to a one day match. I'm not happy about it.

I've already got a VRBO so I'm in for a penny, in for a pound.

5 hours ago, Fishbreath said:

It's a haul, but for 16 revolvers, I might have to make the trek one of these years.

I hear you.  One year, way back around 2005, we had a group come out for a different match (Sunflower Classic) USPSA match and an Outlaw ICORE the next day.  John Bagakis & Dan Cardin came out.  Had about the same numbers and 20+ for the ICORE match.  The whole effort was to try to get USPSA up and I hoped to start an ICORE Club.

Took me another 15 years to get the ICORE Club, at a different range, but it's up and running.

• 1 month later...

Just back from the 2022 Revolver Nationals  a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to;

MWP  Another National Championship under his belt, and convincingly so.

Fishbreath, Jay finished 9th Overall.  Good to be on the squad with you, smooth and fast a bright future there. 

Pat Jones finished 12th.

https://practiscore.com/results/new/bcc073fb-2dd3-455d-a249-1e374e0cd0ce?q_division=2

1 hour ago, pskys2 said:

Good to be on the squad with you [...]

Likewise! It was nice to meet you face to face. (So also MWP, and anyone else I met whose online identities I'm less sure of.)

I don't think many of my USPSA majors overlap with the regulars here, but I'm thinking I'll probably try to make it to the IRC this year, so if nothing else I hope to see you then.

4 hours ago, pskys2 said:

Fishbreath, Jay finished 9th Overall.  Good to be on the squad with you, smooth and fast a bright future there. 

Pat Jones finished 12th.

https://practiscore.com/results/new/bcc073fb-2dd3-455d-a249-1e374e0cd0ce?q_division=2

PAT JONES IS MY HERO. And I'm not ashamed to admit to it.

Congrats to everyone who shot and survived! I'm tentatively planning to do the IRC this year so hopefully I'll see some of you there. And/or, feel free to come to the ICORE Rocky Mountain Regional. I hear the match director is a total stud.

10 hours ago, pskys2 said:

Pat Jones finished 12th.

Thanks Dave, good to meet you. A handful of fresh names landed in the top 10 including Fishbreath. Always good to see people getting the chance to shoot on that squad the following year. I’ll see everyone at the IRC! 

14 hours ago, ysrracer said:

39 revo mad men :)

Outstanding !!

It was close to 90-something in 2016-ish when it was a separate 1-day match for Revolver. Many people who shot Single Stack on previous days stayed to shoot Revolver. I really liked that format of the Classic Nationals in PASA.