Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2022 USPSA Classic Nats

22 minutes ago, euxx said:

It was close to 90-something in 2016-ish when it was a separate 1-day match for Revolver. Many people who shot Single Stack on previous days stayed to shoot Revolver. I really liked that format of the Classic Nationals in PASA.

The Memphis Charity Challenge, Revolver only, had at, or over, 100.  The SS/REVO Nationals in 2013, 2014, 2015 all had at, or above, 100.

It's just when you give USPSA guys an option of 8 shots vs +++shots, and now with Optics, they are hooked.  An 8 shot Revolver seems like work to most of them.  

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to shoot one of the Memphis charity matches all six shot and I think one 38 super revolver. Sam Keen put it on was the best of it’s time. Sam and his crew put a ton of work in it was great match.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/24/2022 at 1:15 PM, euxx said:

It was close to 90-something in 2016-ish when it was a separate 1-day match for Revolver. Many people who shot Single Stack on previous days stayed to shoot Revolver. I really liked that format of the Classic Nationals in PASA.

Meh, additional warm bodies at the back of the match add no value for me. I'd rather shoot multiple days on mixed squads like a real(tm) match.

On 6/17/2022 at 6:04 PM, PatJones said:

Meh, additional warm bodies at the back of the match add no value for me...

Kinda disrespectful to say that about your fellow competitors, regardless of their skill...

To me that was a good indication of the interest in Revolver division. Many competitors don't shoot it because their interest and priorities are higher for other divisions, but given the opportunity - they jump right on. I really enjoyed that format, shooting Revolver after Single Stack.

The least USPSA could do to better promote Revolver division is to make it a separate match back-to-back with another Nationals, or even Area match and make it a one day or even a half-day match.