Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Glock certificates went to Lori Casper and Mike Smoot.

Also, everyone who wasn't there should know that Ronnie Casper's name was drawn for the staff gun, but he turned it down because he didn't want it to look like a setup. So another name was drawn and Tim Lorenz got the staff gun.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's got time to practice?

No kidding, I am lucky to find time to make it to the regular monthly matches, much less find time to practice.

If I had time to then I would need to join a range that I could practice on.

About the only practice I get is dry fire and practice reloads.

All of the hard working match staff! and RO's that were an all-star nationals working crew too!!!!

Just a tune up for Barry in a couple of weeks! ;)

Seemed like almost everyone had a good time. Everything ran pretty darn well, and was constantly ahead of schedule. Just seems like a LONG way away (of course I was reminded that it is the same distance for the WI guys to shoot A5 down here, so I got it.... just that getting home at 2:00 AM Monday morning and heading to work next morning was a challenge :blink:).....

One other thing... I can't believe that you shook up prh's beer like you did... :lol::lol::lol:

I must say that Lori and Ronnie Casper are a class act. The amount of effort that they put fourth along with everyone else that had anything to do with the match was excellent. This was the biggest match I have ever been to and must say it is great to see the level of shooting that I witnessed. Thanks to all.

I also wanted to add that everyone in our squad was a joy to shoot with. The Pecoras are a great group of people. Also, John Hill is a great shooter and great squad mate.

Regarding the winners, it is INSANE to see just how much above us mortals guys like Sevigny, Manny Bragg, Ted Puente, and Tony Hawkins are in their shooting. I would really like to see Tony Hawkins actually shoot rather than looking at his scores. The guy is a machine! I shot the IL section last year on the same squad as Matt Cheely who was shooting production. I have a LOT of respect for Matt as a shooter and the way he was shooting and times he was posting, I thought we was going to walk away with the match. Later I found out Tony won by 10%!!! What do these guys eat?!

Anyway, it was a great match and alot of fun.

-RS

I shot a couple good stages, then I choked, slipped 3 or 4 spots in the last 3 stages I shot. Felt like Monty at a Major LOL. Ended up something like 5th or 6th B Limited.

Still had a great time and really enjoyed the match. It was the biggest match I have ever attended, Fortunately I was squadded with two of the best shooters that made the trip. Watching them was amazing, makes a B class duffer like me look downright silly most of the time but there is a ton to learn just watching them. Several friends on the squad with me too, hard to beat a great match with great company.

Picked up a new fangled race holster at the prize table, not sure I will retire the Kydex but it does feel fast.....

I don't have a lot of experience with big matches but it is hard to imagine that one could run smoother than Ronnie, Lori, and staff kept this one. I will be back for sure!!

If anyone has videos (any format) I'd love to get them up on the Area 5 site. Please PM me for FTP upload info or you may go ahead and email them (max attachment size is 10MB per email) to webmaster@uspsa-area5.org

I'm you all had a wonderful match. Schedule and monitary constraints held me away this year. I hope to see everyone next time! :)

Edit: Some videos are now available! http://www.uspsa-area5.org/home/modules.ph...;func=2006Area5

Edited by ampleworks

ok here's a selfish little question...

I think I have a (small) trophy coming, but I left early, who do I beg to send it down?

Don't waste thread space, just pm me. Thanks.

+1 I think I have one coming too. I would just assume that it will get mailed out at some later date when everything has calmed down.

Flyin40

Regarding the winners, it is INSANE to see just how much above us mortals guys like Sevigny, Manny Bragg, Ted Puente, and Tony Hawkins are in their shooting. I would really like to see Tony Hawkins actually shoot rather than looking at his scores. The guy is a machine! I shot the IL section last year on the same squad as Matt Cheely who was shooting production. I have a LOT of respect for Matt as a shooter and the way he was shooting and times he was posting, I thought we was going to walk away with the match. Later I found out Tony won by 10%!!! What do these guys eat?!

Anyway, it was a great match and alot of fun.

-RS

One thing about shooting with Tony, is that he wins with pure skill. What I mean by that, is if you are shooting with him, he does not hide anything. He's more than willing to show you how he's going to shoot a stage. He even spent a lot of time with a new shooter on our squad, showing him how he should shoot the stage, for his skill level, and his division.

He then turns around, and smokes.

When he shot Pole Cat (or as I call it, Lap Dance Gone Bad), he was sooooo smooth. It looked fast, but when the RO called out the time, we all went, Whoa!!!

And he'll literally give you the shirt off his back (thanks Tony for the STI shirts, by the way) :D

I want to say again, this was a great match, run by some nice people, and with excellent staff and great stages.

My only complaint, TOO MANY LOW PORTS!!! Us fat out of shape guys did not fare well with these. I could barely walk down stairs the next day to put my gear away :rolleyes:

+1 on a real class act by Ronnie, his wife, and the entire crew. It ran even smoother than the WI section.

I also thought it showed and true class when Ronnie's ticket was drawn for the first gun. He was gracious enough to allow someone else to 'win'. And in fair treatment from the 'gun gods' later his wife won a gun. Maybe she will let Ronnie look at it.

++1 on too many low ports. A good pair of Levi's bit the dust on stage 3. :o There were enough that I think it would discourage people with bad backs, knees, etc. Something to look at.

Also thanks to all of the RO's. I know your all shooters too, and it showed in your even handed management of the stages.

I look forward to shooting there again next year.

My only complaint, TOO MANY LOW PORTS!!! Us fat out of shape guys did not fare well with these. I could barely walk down stairs the next day to put my gear away :rolleyes:

Great match, but my knee is still telling me to eat large quantities of ibuprofen. :(

When I clicked on the link for the videos, my computer wanted me to update/install Windows Media Player 10. I accepted the default options and it played just fine. I'm running a Pentium 4, Win XP Pro w/ a cable modem. You might need a special DivX...?

Jeff,

Thanks for posting the videos.

But... they aren't working. I have tried on my home 'puter, and the mainframe at work.

All that comes across is the audio, and no video. Are they in some special format?

JC

Same thing here - had media player 10 - downloaded 11 and still doesn't work?

That's about the end of my computer knowledge....

Sherwyn

Some leniency should be given, just recently I posted on the site that DiVX was required to view. Reason being is that most of those files were .MOV ranging in upwards of 20MB each. For both bandwidth and storage constraints, I re-encode things into DiVX instead where you get a substantial compression rate without much video quality loss.

I would like to thank everyone who attended the match last weekend and hope that everyone had a good time. I also wish to thank the rest of the staff, the CROs/ROs, and all the sponsors that contributed to making the match a success.

We have added the match results to the Wisconsin Shooters website. All the results are in one downloadable PDF.

For those interested, we have added the combined final overall and combined overall per stage results. As I'm sure you're aware these are NOT Official results, just for your amusement. :)

You can find results on this page: http://www.wisconsinshooters.com/uspsa_area_5_match.htm

Thanks,

Ronnie