Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP-5 reviews/input

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, OhioGunner said:

For the smoke composites handguard, do I want the AR or the PCC?  I know someone with a 7" from them so I assume AR, but this is on a pcc.  Thanks in advance!

To take fully advantage of the possibility to use a smaller diameter handguard, I would definately choose the PCC model.

But if you prefer a handguard with a larger diameter, you should choose the AR version.

11 hours ago, grottulf said:

To take fully advantage of the possibility to use a smaller diameter handguard, I would definately choose the PCC model.

But if you prefer a handguard with a larger diameter, you should choose the AR version.

Awesome, thank you!  A second question, is there a list of locking pieces that have been found to be compatible with the jp5 (eg. POF, MKE, HK) or should any locking piece be compatible?  

8 minutes ago, OhioGunner said:

Awesome, thank you!  A second question, is there a list of locking pieces that have been found to be compatible with the jp5 (eg. POF, MKE, HK) or should any locking piece be compatible?  

Compatibility

JP-5™ lock pieces are compatible with the H&K MP5 platform but not all MP5 clones. Any non-H&K MP5 clone that takes H&K lock pieces will be compatible with JP-5™ lock pieces.

Because of the precise geometry of the locking surfaces, switching to a new lock piece may alter the bolt gap of a given rifle. Because of this, we recommend validating bolt gap of any rifle after changing out the lock piece.

20 minutes ago, mrvip27 said:

Compatibility

JP-5™ lock pieces are compatible with the H&K MP5 platform but not all MP5 clones. Any non-H&K MP5 clone that takes H&K lock pieces will be compatible with JP-5™ lock pieces.

Because of the precise geometry of the locking surfaces, switching to a new lock piece may alter the bolt gap of a given rifle. Because of this, we recommend validating bolt gap of any rifle after changing out the lock piece.

I've seen that, don't the first two sentences contradict eachother?  

Also, asking about non-JP locking pieces

6 hours ago, OhioGunner said:

I've seen that, don't the first two sentences contradict eachother?  

Also, asking about non-JP locking pieces

Not really? It says that if a MP5 clone takes H&K lock pieces, then it will also take JP-5 lock pieces. Basically, JP-5 lock pieces should be considered interchangeable with H&K lock pieces.

When you think about it, the JP5 locking piece is also a MP5 clone.

Like changing a bolt on any gun, JP is simply stating manufacturing tolerances dictate checking headspace would be prudent. Probably more so with H&K clones as their tolerances may not be up to the standards of H&K and JP.

12 hours ago, OhioGunner said:

Why not just order from JP since they have so many different angle locking pieces to tune to your satisfaction? 

8 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Why not just order from JP since they have so many different angle locking pieces to tune to your satisfaction? 

Yeah, agreed. I do not know why you'd deviate from the manufacturers standard. More guarantee to work properly.

On 11/9/2022 at 11:44 AM, Darqusoull13 said:

Other manufacturers being half the price means I can get more.  Why pay more if they are interchangeable?

15 hours ago, OhioGunner said:

Other manufacturers being half the price means I can get more.  Why pay more if they are interchangeable?

Well I can understand that...but the thing with the MP5/Clone world is that even though its supposed to be "to spec" doesn't always mean it is. I have had US made parts not fit or work right and I was forced to buy the german HK parts to work properly.

So I am sure JP is just saying hey...we have your own that work with our gun...but if you want to try others go ahead..just can't guarantee it will work 100%.

• 2 weeks later...

Played with the JP5 this weekend and ran 150grn Syntechs with the 80* which was nice and 115grn blazer Brass with the 80* and 60*.

The 115's with the 60* was very pleasent to shoot.  I think I liked it better than the 150grn and the 80*.  

I might want to try 130grn syntech in the 60* and try some 147's with the 70*.  After I buy more ammo.  

Has anyone purchased the Lock Pieces from anywhere other than JP?  We cannot order directly from JP here in Colorado.

I have not had any luck searching the innerwebs. 

Looking for a 60 and/or 70 degree lock piece.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Boomstick303

I was looking at the JP-5 components part of the website and i noticed in the roller replacement kit that they are offering different sizes:

* -4 (7.96mm)

* -2 (7.98mm)

* Standard (8.00mm)

* +2 (8.02mm)

* +4 (8.04mm)

is the sizes dependent on the power factor of your bullet just like in the lock pieces? 

Screenshot_20221123_010528.jpg

Edited by aRjayboy
9 minutes ago, aRjayboy said:

I was looking at the JP-5 components part of the website and i noticed in the roller replacement kit that they are offering different sizes:

* -4 (7.96mm)

* -2 (7.98mm)

* Standard (8.00mm)

* +2 (8.02mm)

* +4 (8.04mm)

is the sizes dependent on the power factor of your bullet just like in the lock pieces? 

Screenshot_20221123_010528.jpg

Great question!  I would like to know myself.