Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MPA DS9 Hybrid

Csalt

1 minute ago, Bakerjd said:

Not really anymore. David lyell took over for building their guns. 

David took over in January or February if this year. Based on what you said, I believe your friend has one of the early generations. 

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Goat259 said:

David took over in January or February if this year. Based on what you said, I believe your friend has one of the early generations. 

Well its interesting to be posting Gen 1 guns on social media lol.

3 hours ago, mrvip27 said:

Well its interesting to be posting Gen 1 guns on social media lol.

All of the open gun pictures you're seeing are from the 1st gun I built as R&D. It has some of the first parts right off the machine. We felt the need to start marketing the open gun given certain circumstances. I wish I had a better version ready before the pictures were made but I didn't.

5 hours ago, Goat259 said:

Yes sir, if the gun was bought last year then there have been many updates since I started in January.

On 7/20/2022 at 11:52 AM, donnyglock said:

Of course it was

I have been doing nothing but testing this entire year. There has been a tremendous amount of updating needed and I'm working as fast as I can to improve these guns. I'm also testing different types of ammo and working with a couple ammo companies to develop and offer an "off the shelf" 9 major ammo for customers that don't reload. Some ammo has worked better than others.

On 8/1/2022 at 10:45 PM, Mike21STI said:

Anyone try the ds9 hybrid idpa model?  I'm planning to get back into idpa and my limited gun won't work for idpa so I've been eyeing this.

Also does anyone know if mpa will ship the gun with neutered 10 round mags?

Yes sir! Just request 10 round mags when you order.

On 8/4/2022 at 10:57 PM, mrvip27 said:

They posted this on instagram.

Seems they do not like to blend or fit...

297246506_920491588883430_349855820404920406_n.jpg

Again, this is open gun #1. I was not concerned with completely blending everything on a test gun. We'll have better pictures for you soon.

7 hours ago, mrvip27 said:

its basically CK

Since I started in January I've made many updates to these guns and continue to improve them daily. These are very, very different guns than what I walked into at the beginning of the year.

16 hours ago, DLyell said:

Since I started in January I've made many updates to these guns and continue to improve them daily. These are very, very different guns than what I walked into at the beginning of the year.

I sure hope so. CK was trash AF after Matt Cheely walked away from it. I keep thinking about snagging one of yalls idpa legal ones but don't want any iron sights at all on it. 

On 8/8/2022 at 2:40 AM, DLyell said:

Well glad to hear it. Just going off the reviews and what I have seen so far. So it sorta turns me off because they just do not look ready.

But if you can get these right, they will be a great value. And I still am considering one.

Edited by mrvip27

4 minutes ago, Bakerjd said:

Really? Haven't seen that.....

both these with the full size i got a few months ago.  sure they have the same options for their other handguns.  super responsive, just ask them.

45 minutes ago, Goat259 said:

You can get them with the Accuracy X red dot sight base. So you can have irons with a red dot. 

Yeah the accuracy x setup is decent but if you want to swap from red dot to irons you have to re sight in the irons every time. Kinda dumb. 

14 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Yeah the accuracy x setup is decent but if you want to swap from red dot to irons you have to re sight in the irons every time. Kinda dumb. 

Is it because of how the sight is screwed to the plate?

3 hours ago, mrvip27 said:

Is it because of how the sight is screwed to the plate?

The screws mounting the sight plate are under the leaf of the sight. So you loose your elevation adjustment. Not to mention the two small springs may get lost also. 

2 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

The screws mounting the sight plate are under the leaf of the sight. So you loose your elevation adjustment. Not to mention the two small springs may get lost also. 

Aww gotcha. Makes sense now.

On 8/8/2022 at 7:36 PM, Bakerjd said:

I sure hope so. CK was trash AF after Matt Cheely walked away from it. I keep thinking about snagging one of yalls idpa legal ones but don't want any iron sights at all on it. 

dunno about CK trash, but bobby (freedom gunworks) built some beautiful guns for me that run like fine watches.

IMG_5831.jpeg

44 minutes ago, outerlimits said:

dunno about CK trash, but bobby (freedom gunworks) built some beautiful guns for me that run like fine watches.

IMG_5831.jpeg

I stand by what I said. As the saying goes. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.