Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WOKE Rules

tomjerry1

On 4/22/2021 at 2:46 PM, BritinUSA said:

Keep it DA/Striker, put gun and magazine in a box and you can do what you like with it. You could frame mount a dot, but it would sit higher which would leave less room for a magazine so you’d lose a couple of rounds in capacity. 

that's actually an intriguing idea. esp if it turned out to be a loss of 5-6 rounds.

OTOH, I think CO, Limited and SS are pretty much perfect just the way they are, and I dont really care about any of the other divisions.

22 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Interesting. My USPSA classification cards didn't show revolver until 2000. At my start in 1998, it was only Open and Limited.

I started in the early 90s those where the 3 different division they had at matches . 

3 hours ago, laz2011 said:

I started in the early 90s those where the 3 different division they had at matches . 

When I started, we had no divisions, everyone shot heads up, run what you brung, for the official high overall score

But we also timed with stop watches, and figured out match results with calculator 

When the sport first started just about everyone was shooting the same type of gun, so a heads-up competition made perfect sense.

Then came compensators, optical sights, 9mm major, double-stack magazines and there became a need to create divisions to maintain competitive equity without everyone having to spend thousands of dollars to remain in the sport.

On 4/12/2021 at 10:25 PM, tomjerry1 said:

I'm not really sure where NROI is going, rules are rules.

In this day and age where taking polls is quick and easy, I'm not really sure why NROI approaches the rules as a dictatorship rather than a democracy. 

When you ask about it the go to answers are "well, most folks don't vote for who gets to be president" - "talk to your area rep". 

If many folks don't care enough to vote then that is fine, if I ever got any response but a very polite "pack sand we do it this way" from Troy or anybody else high in the food chain then I wouldn't have given up on trying. 

Just my 1 cent. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2021 at 12:23 PM, ChuckS said:

No, only IPSC.  It was never adopted by USPSA. I remember this from shooting with JoJo Vidanes who shot modified and won some world championships. He just shot in Open locally and usually won.

Mike Voigt too?

On 4/24/2021 at 1:19 PM, IHAVEGAS said:

In this day and age where taking polls is quick and easy, I'm not really sure why NROI approaches the rules as a dictatorship rather than a democracy. 

When you ask about it the go to answers are "well, most folks don't vote for who gets to be president" - "talk to your area rep". 

If many folks don't care enough to vote then that is fine, if I ever got any response but a very polite "pack sand we do it this way" from Troy or anybody else high in the food chain then I wouldn't have given up on trying. 

Just my 1 cent. 

I like your first sentence! 
I think they have good intentions. The rest will be me banned. 🤣🤣🤣

Since NROI is changing all the rules, what do you think about Up range starts and strong/week hand shooting? To keep this on a level playing field with PCC, NROI should be looking at these. 

I don’t think there can ever be a level playing field with PCC. Practical shooting is a test of Speed, Power and Accuracy.

It is not possible to test the accuracy potential of a PCC without exceeding the accuracy potential of most handguns.

If they want to go ‘woke’ then they can abolish the classification system as it discriminates against those that have less skill. And participation trophies for all, so everyone gets to go to the prize table at Nationals… 😇

”…and when everyone’s special, no-one will be”

On 4/24/2021 at 11:19 AM, IHAVEGAS said:

Just my 1 cent. 

It's like hit factor scoring:

I suspect the average IQ of most of the USPSA Board of Directors and NROI is fairly high, so divide that average IQ by the number of participates in the discussion = X

Now if it was a democracy, divide the average IQ of idiots posting to rules forums and divide that by the number of USPSA members = Y

Which do you believe will be higher?

Just kidding..............sort of.