Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WOKE Rules

tomjerry1

I'm not really sure where NROI is going, rules are rules. If you do not like the rules of a particular division, move to the division that fits your needs. If you want to shoot production, than abide by the rules, or shoot Limited. If you want to shoot Carry Optics, than abide by the rules, or shoot open. Hell, I want to shoot Carry Optics Single Stack, why isn't that a new rule? Time to get back to basics, get away from the money and influences of the manufactures and accessories producers, back to the true divisions. 

Open Revolver should be a classification, that way I don't have to shoot against 28+ round guns? Lets see how many classifications we can get, kind of like SCSA, 13 possibilities, USPSA is too confining. 

12 hours ago, tomjerry1 said:

Open Revolver should be a classification, that way I don't have to shoot against 28+ round guns? Lets see how many classifications we can get, kind of like SCSA, 13 possibilities, USPSA is too confining. 

Pfffft, amateur. SASS has something like 1,162 possible division/category combinations last time I checked. 

3 minutes ago, RJH said:

Maybe limited,  open, revolver?

When i started there 5. Those plus l10 and production.  

The evolution was: 

No Divisions

Open and Limited

Open, Limited, L-10, Revo, Production

Open, Limited, L-10, Revo, Production, Single Stack

Open, Limited, L-10, Revo, Production, Single Stack, CO, PCC

On 4/13/2021 at 1:45 PM, waktasz said:

Photo of revolver in profile, opinion invalidated. Thread closed. 

Nah.   That's a perfectly suitable Open division gun.   They just need to add another Category.  Junior-Senior-Lady etc, and Masochist.

28 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

The evolution was: 

No Divisions

Open and Limited

👍

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

The evolution was: 

No Divisions

Open and Limited

Oh wow, I didn't realize L-10 was such an early addition.

1 hour ago, open17 said:

Nah.   That's a perfectly suitable Open division gun.   They just need to add another Category.  Junior-Senior-Lady etc, and Masochist.

I support this 100% (provided I qualify for it by shooting Revolver major).

2 hours ago, ChuckS said:

The evolution was: 

No Divisions

Open and Limited

I think I remember Modified Division being a USPSA division, back when it was just open and limited. A funky mix of open and limited and usually a slide mounted dot, that had to fit in a box. I started in 1995 for a time reference. 

Edited by OPENB

Just now, OPENB said:

I think I remember Modified Division being a USPSA division, back when it was just open and limited. A funky mix of open and limited and usually a slide mounted dot, that had to fit in a box. I started in 1995.

I think modified was never a USPSA division,  only IPSC.  I wished it was a USPSA division now though 

Just now, OPENB said:

I think I remember Modified Division being a USPSA division, back when it was just open and limited. A funky mix of open and limited and usually a slide mounted dot, that had to fit in a box. I started in 1995.

No, only IPSC.  It was never adopted by USPSA. I remember this from shooting with JoJo Vidanes who shot modified and won some world championships. He just shot in Open locally and usually won.

Just now, ChuckS said:

No, only IPSC.  It was never adopted by USPSA. I remember this from shooting with JoJo Vidanes who shot modified and won some world championships. He just shot in Open locally and usually won.

I never saw anyone actually shoot it, just saw pictures of modified guns. 

With all the changes now allowed in CO, its not far removed from Modified.

Keep it DA/Striker, put gun and magazine in a box and you can do what you like with it. You could frame mount a dot, but it would sit higher which would leave less room for a magazine so you’d lose a couple of rounds in capacity.