Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI Regret

LmtdOne

3 hours ago, Brooke said:

Please tell me you're just trolling. 

Not at all, "one man's trash is another man's treasure" is I think a very accurate old saying, although a bit harsh or overstated in this context.

I also don't see that there is a right and a wrong value system when talking about luxuries within your means, just different. 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to weigh back in on this topic. When I originally started the thread, I had not yet received my SVI. I have since acquired the pistol and have had more time to get used to it, dryfire and shoot a couple of matches. The initial concern of the size of the investment has waned for me and the joy of owning such a nice pistol has taken the place of my reservations. SVI guns seem to live up to the hype, at least for me, a person who enjoys nice things. I have seen two camps form in this thread. On one side you have the guys who do not see the need for spending so much money on a gun when there is success to be had with a more reasonably priced platform. On the other side of the aisle are the guys who have learned how to hide money from their wives. I think what it comes down to is that the former need to learn some new tricks. 😁

1 minute ago, LmtdOne said:

I wanted to weigh back in on this topic. When I originally started the thread, I had not yet received my SVI. I have since acquired the pistol and have had more time to get used to it, dryfire and shoot a couple of matches. The initial concern of the size of the investment has waned for me and the joy of owning such a nice pistol has taken the place of my reservations. SVI guns seem to live up to the hype, at least for me, a person who enjoys nice things. I have seen two camps form in this thread. On one side you have the guys who do not see the need for spending so much money on a gun when there is success to be had with a more reasonably priced platform. On the other side of the aisle are the guys who have learned how to hide money from their wives. I think what it comes down to is that the former need to learn some new tricks. 😁

Pics?

Just bought this Sunday and it gets shipped out today to my FFL. I spent the last two months looking for an Open gun. Never shot Open before (I shoot Limited with Bul SAS II and CZ TS2) so started research from scratch and got chance to shoot two 2011-styles and a Czechmate. Looked at Bul SAS II UR, Honcho, and went into possibility of ordering Venom, Carne, Nevermiss, Brazos, Rafferty, CK, Infinity and then Prasky and Doug Jones because I'm in MI. They all look really nice, seem to be of very good quality, and each brand had multiple recommendations. For someone new like me, trying to develop criteria to narrow down choices can be a bit overwhelming. 

An opportunity came up to buy a used Infinity and feel good about the purchase. I don't think I got the bling that some of us girls want, but I feel comfortable with the build quality, especially after Infinity happily chatted with me for 20 minutes last week when I called with the serial number of the gun and asked about its history and what to expect. 

Screenshot 2021-05-11 123529-min.jpg

Edited by jt1207

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2021 at 12:54 PM, jt1207 said:

Just bought this Sunday and it gets shipped out today to my FFL. I spent the last two months looking for an Open gun. Never shot Open before (I shoot Limited with Bul SAS II and CZ TS2) so started research from scratch and got chance to shoot two 2011-styles and a Czechmate. Looked at Bul SAS II UR, Honcho, and went into possibility of ordering Venom, Carne, Nevermiss, Brazos, Rafferty, CK, Infinity and then Prasky and Doug Jones because I'm in MI. They all look really nice, seem to be of very good quality, and each brand had multiple recommendations. For someone new like me, trying to develop criteria to narrow down choices can be a bit overwhelming. 

An opportunity came up to buy a used Infinity and feel good about the purchase. I don't think I got the bling that some of us girls want, but I feel comfortable with the build quality, especially after Infinity happily chatted with me for 20 minutes last week when I called with the serial number of the gun and asked about its history and what to expect. 

Screenshot 2021-05-11 123529-min.jpg

9mm or 38sc?

7 hours ago, lroy said:

Holy fuk that looks nose heavy. What's it weigh?

I'll bet around 48oz.  I have one on order similar (5.4" full dustcover) and that's what Brandon said it would be in the ballpark of.

On 6/11/2021 at 10:11 PM, LmtdOne said:

How do you like your Tac Sport 2? What differences are there from a Tac Sport? I own a TSO which I really enjoy but once I bought the Infinity, the TSO never makes it to the range.

I bought a TSO 40 and a TS2 9mm within one week of each other. They are very very similar but with two differences that I can feel. 1) The grip on the TS2 is slightly larger in my hand--feels longer from backstrap to trigger. 2) The TS2 slide has slightly shorter profile (which I like aesthetically and functionally). Other than that it might be tough to compare further (i.e., how it shoots) because one is 40 and one is 9mm. I sold the TSO (to another Enos member a month ago) to fund the Infinity. 

58 minutes ago, jt1207 said:

I bought a TSO 40 and a TS2 9mm within one week of each other. They are very very similar but with two differences that I can feel. 1) The grip on the TS2 is slightly larger in my hand--feels longer from backstrap to trigger. 2) The TS2 slide has slightly shorter profile (which I like aesthetically and functionally). Other than that it might be tough to compare further (i.e., how it shoots) because one is 40 and one is 9mm. I sold the TSO (to another Enos member a month ago) to fund the Infinity. 

Thanks for the clarification. I wonder what class the TS2 fits in Uspsa competition? I believe they are supposed to realease the TS2 in .40 later which will make sense for limited. I guess it could be shot limited minor as it sits?

2 minutes ago, LmtdOne said:

Thanks for the clarification. I wonder what class the TS2 fits in Uspsa competition? I believe they are supposed to realease the TS2 in .40 later which will make sense for limited. I guess it could be shot limited minor as it sits?

I shoot Limited minor with it. Stock mags are 20 rounds, and CZC basepads and spring/follower kits give me 23. The safety is set a little farther forward on slide than my 2011s (which is tougher for my girl-hands) but the 48oz gun shoots awesome. There is a whole thread in the CZ section on the TS2 that I've chimed-in on

and I haven't been able to find anything promising re: a TS2 40cal

1 hour ago, jt1207 said:

I shoot Limited minor with it. Stock mags are 20 rounds, and CZC basepads and spring/follower kits give me 23. The safety is set a little farther forward on slide than my 2011s (which is tougher for my girl-hands) but the 48oz gun shoots awesome. There is a whole thread in the CZ section on the TS2 that I've chimed-in on

and I haven't been able to find anything promising re: a TS2 40cal

I have heard there are plans to introduce the gun in .40 in the future but I am unsure where I heard. My best guess as to where I heard it is most likely on a podcast. It would make too much sense for them to have a .40 version.

On 6/13/2021 at 9:45 AM, LmtdOne said:

I have heard there are plans to introduce the gun in .40 in the future but I am unsure where I heard. My best guess as to where I heard it is most likely on a podcast. It would make too much sense for them to have a .40 version.

When I was at locap nats they had a booth and I asked if they were going to bring over a 40cal version. The response was less then a yes but not a straight out no. Basicly they plan to continue building the TSO in 40 cal for the US market/USPSA and overseas the TS2 I belive he said was staying in 9mm. Wasnt a really definite answer and left me a little confused. Also when asked about the DWX they sort of nicely dismissed the question. 

3 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

When I was at locap nats they had a booth and I asked if they were going to bring over a 40cal version. The response was less then a yes but not a straight out no. Basicly they plan to continue building the TSO in 40 cal for the US market/USPSA and overseas the TS2 I belive he said was staying in 9mm. Wasnt a really definite answer and left me a little confused. Also when asked about the DWX they sort of nicely dismissed the question. 

Well that doesnt sound promising. I got a similar response about the DWX when I asked a CZ rep shooting a club match I went to recently. I am pretty sure that thing is dead in the water.

1 minute ago, LmtdOne said:

Well that doesnt sound promising. I got a similar response about the DWX when I asked a CZ rep shooting a club match I went to recently. I am pretty sure that thing is dead in the water.

Sadly you are most likely spot on. It was looking like a cool gun too. 

1 minute ago, Posvar said:

Sadly you are most likely spot on. It was looking like a cool gun too. 

Yeah it had a ton of people hyped about it. I am not really sure why they didnt follow through but all we can do now pick which road to take, CZ to the left or 2011 to the right.

Just now, LmtdOne said:

Yeah it had a ton of people hyped about it. I am not really sure why they didnt follow through but all we can do now pick which road to take, CZ to the left or 2011 to the right.

I chose CZC A01, so kind of in between as it isn’t a true CZ.