SVI Regret

LmtdOne

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, twodownzero said:

The idea of regretting buying an SV Infinity sounds kinda like regretting hooking up with a supermodel.  Who, given that opportunity in life, regrets it after?  Yeah, nobody.

Women are like elephants. I like to look at 'em, but I wouldn't want to own one.

W. C. Fields

:) 

• 5 months later...
On 11/6/2021 at 2:42 PM, ltdmstr said:

Prices are up significantly, just like for everything else.  $7k isn't uncommon for an SV Limited gun now.  Atlas has Limited guns that are $5500 and $6300.  Some of the other big names are probably $5-6k as well.

I know this is a bit old now but I just got the last guns I ordered exactly a year ago and am working on another build and it is within 100 bucks of last year's orders at 5600.  This is for a coated limited style gun I'm sure to get it to 7k there would have to be accessories involved or maybe some really above and beyond type of options.

2 hours ago, FALAR said:

I know this is a bit old now but I just got the last guns I ordered exactly a year ago and am working on another build and it is within 100 bucks of last year's orders at 5600.  This is for a coated limited style gun I'm sure to get it to 7k there would have to be accessories involved or maybe some really above and beyond type of options.

The gun I have on order is a 5.4 with no fancy options.  Just tri-top slide with front/rear serrations, skater tape grip, single side safety and standard stuff for everything else.  The only "upgrades" are an XL magwell and two tone finish with CrN on the slide frame and DLC on everything else.  That was ordered 5/10/21 and price is $6470.

Edited by ltdmstr

On 3/30/2021 at 5:19 PM, ChuckS said:

Most every Saturday morning, a guy flies over the range in his Czech L-39. Fuel to fly for one hour costs roughly $400. The plane costs anywhere between $100,000 and $500,000 depending on condition, etc. Hangar rent probably costs between 1-3K per month. Finance and insurance, no clue. Yeah, there are more expensive ways to turn cash into noise.

Yea, but flying myself to matches with my expensive pistols is the only way to go. $400 a hour is off though.

14 minutes ago, Bandit69 said:

Yea, but flying myself to matches with my expensive pistols is the only way to go. $400 a hour is off though.

This is an impressive post. You win today. 

• 4 months later...
On 12/1/2021 at 2:00 PM, twodownzero said:

The idea of regretting buying an SV Infinity sounds kinda like regretting hooking up with a supermodel.  Who, given that opportunity in life, regrets it after?  Yeah, nobody.

Back on the regret train, my patience has run out now that I have had yet another issue with my SV and it was on me to pay to send it in and get it back.

The Safety lever broke just in front of the cross pin (presumably from activating/deactivating safety from right side of gun). They essentially said I should be happy they fixed it out of warranty since I received the pistol in 2020 and it was the middle of 2022 when this occurred.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt several times over the various issues this gun has had since I bought it but not being willing to pay to ship a gun back after an obvious manufacturer defect and having had so many other issues with the same gun over the last 2 years of ownership was the last straw.

Fortunately, I had the chance to pick up an Atlas Artemis not too long ago and have thus far been very happy with the pistol and the customer support. I've had one issue with the gun common to 40 cal 2011's and they offered to pay to ship the gun back to them to rectify or send replacement parts. Hopefully this is how they will continue to do business and I will give them more of my business. 

• 5 months later...
On 4/4/2021 at 12:59 PM, Cuz said:

Back in 2004/2005 I had SV build me a custom sight tracker limited gun.  It was a beauty, and I enjoyed shooting it for a couple of years, then for reasons unknown to me, I started shooting Glocks and found them more comfortable for me to shoot, and I've been shooting them ever since.  I put the SV away and haven't touched it since.  I don't regret that purchase one bit, I still love the gun, I just don't shoot it.  It's still the coolest, most expensive gun I own, and one day my two kids can draw straws to see who gets it.

I heard that's how the inquisition was began