Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9x19 Major Powder Poll

toddrod

• 2 weeks later...

Recently, just to re-hash/consolidate in a specific open gun configuration, I made some test loads, and compared results. Results, of course will vary greatly in differing set-ups.

I made 9mm Major loads using N350, N340, 3n37, N-105, H-110, HS-6, HS-7, True Blue, Universal, SP-2, and Silhouette. Bullets used were Montana Gold in 115 JHP, 121 Intl (flat point) and 124 JHP, and Rainier 115 RN............................

And the winner was/is: SP-2 (no surprise here)

Second place went to Silhouette (???????) cheaply priced and low volume a big plus !!

Third place goes to 3n37, the "old stand-by" that you can allways fall back unto again when you can't find anything else. (kind of the Jack-of-all-trades-and-master-of-none)

Fourth place to the seemingly super popular (and affordable) HS-6

Fifth place to N350, which can be reactive to too many things in the 9mm. Major world with inconsistent results. N340 was a better choice for consistency, but no dice.

I surely wish I could compress enough of the H-110 in the 9mm, for it gave the softest, flattest loads, but won't make major with the case filled to the top and then compressed to the max. :(

So, since I cannot get SP-2 (and neither can y'all) my "present" first choice is Silhouette. :);)