Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry optics in a mag restricted state

nxfedlt1

Ok, bear with me, never had to live with this rule. Travelling to a state with a high cap mag ban for a match, I'm assuming I need to buy new 10 round limited mags correct? Can I run a base pad on them so they at least feel the same? I didn't see anything in the appendix but may have missed it. 

The rule book simply states that matches will conform to local law. What really happens depends on where. Places on the Northeast side tend to be more strict. Out west... I’d contact someone who completes in the state you’re going to and get the real skinny.

I compete in NY in CO.  I use 140mm base pads with 10 round mags (Arredondo makes them for Glocks) so when I travel out of state where my friends have standard caps mags it’s the same feel.

Depending on your platform, you can get mag capacity limiters for your existing equipment.

39 minutes ago, PatJones said:

What state? In Colorado you're allowed to possess magazines that you owned prior to July 1st 2013. The law is silent about what state you were residing in at the time.

Ha, what an oversight. 

It's for Hawaii.

Yeah, you better get some 10 rounders. Acquaintance moved there and just possession is a big no no. Friend left all his high caps with a relative here so he can load ‘em up when comes to visit. Think they also have some rather draconian firearms ownership laws too. 

Edited by Mcfoto

16 minutes ago, Silver_Surfer said:

The Peoples Republic Of Hawaii😏

Understement. I'm a part time resident, and it's mind blowing to me why they continue to vote the way they do every election cye then complain. Look at the rail, 10b over budget and 20 years behind schedule based on last estimates. Wtf. 

Ben a long time, but word of advice is to play around and check your magazines before the match. Back in the 90's alot of guns were shipping with megar 10 rounders. Yep they held 10 but were so tight you couldnt do a slide forward reload. Basically rendering them 9 round reloadable

Cut out the political stuff, folks.

This has been a helpful and informative topic so far. I don't want to close it because a few people can't restrain themselves.

From the Forum Guidelines:

Restricted Content
Politics
Policy and political discussions or debates of any kind - even if you consider your opinions to be "facts" - are not welcome anywhere in the forum.
Specifically including (but not limited to):
• USPSA vs IPSC
• IPSC vs IDPA
• STI vs SVI
• Limited 10 vs Limited Division
• This Division vs That Division
• This Government vs That Government
• Gun Control Issues

This is not a free speech issue. As a privately funded and collectively ran "information exchange," we have found that the emotional nature of political discussions weakens the informative impact of the Forum.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, DirkD said:

why bother going to matches in commie states with these kinds of laws?

I stay in hawaii 3-4 months a year and I can only fish/surf/paddle so much. And while I enjoy my peers in the other sports, i like "gun people" more.  

I guess I'm about to get much better at mag changes! Good point in verifying mag fit. I'm ordering a bunch of 10 round shadow 2 mags. 

1 hour ago, nxfedlt1 said:

I stay in hawaii 3-4 months a year and I can only fish/surf/paddle so much. And while I enjoy my peers in the other sports, i like "gun people" more.  

I guess I'm about to get much better at mag changes! Good point in verifying mag fit. I'm ordering a bunch of 10 round shadow 2 mags. 

I’m about to go from Production to CO So I’m no stranger to frequent mag changes...

On 11/30/2020 at 1:57 PM, nxfedlt1 said:

If you coming to Maui, I can loan you my S2 mags (10 rounders)

3 hours ago, HI5-O said:

If you coming to Maui, I can loan you my S2 mags (10 rounders)

Perfect, thanks! for now I'm trying to figure out when I want to come back given everything going on.  I had planned to paddle the solo this year but not going to happen....