Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas Gunworks Alpha Grip

RangerTrace

Buddy just got the Athena and it has that grip and it is unbelievable. I had a Titan with the PT Evo grip and did not think you could get more grip than that, but the new alpha grip is unbelievable. No way that gun is ever moving in your hand. I was hoping I could send in my Hyperion and get them to put the new grip on it but it can't be done.

3 minutes ago, BLUEPSTU said:

Buddy just got the Athena and it has that grip and it is unbelievable. I had a Titan with the PT Evo grip and did not think you could get more grip than that, but the new alpha grip is unbelievable. No way that gun is ever moving in your hand. I was hoping I could send in my Hyperion and get them to put the new grip on it but it can't be done.

Yeah, I'm in the process of ordering the NYX for IDPA/work and it has the edges knocked off of the diamonds to keep from chewing up shirts.  I was actually more interested in the removable panels, etc.   After watching the Youtube video, it sounds like an awesome way to fine tune the grip to your hand/shooting grip style.

1 hour ago, RangerTrace said:

Yeah, I'm in the process of ordering the NYX for IDPA/work and it has the edges knocked off of the diamonds to keep from chewing up shirts.  I was actually more interested in the removable panels, etc.   After watching the Youtube video, it sounds like an awesome way to fine tune the grip to your hand/shooting grip style.

Yeah, my buddy did not put his panels on. After the way I saw how my hand stuck to the grip, I just didn't see how adding panels could be more beneficial.

2 minutes ago, BLUEPSTU said:

Yeah, my buddy did not put his panels on. After the way I saw how my hand stuck to the grip, I just didn't see how adding panels could be more beneficial.

I think it would be similar to the LOK Palmswells on my TSO, its just to fill out the empty space in the middle of your palm if you have that problem with narrow guns. It is a pretty neat idea to make them modular like that.

I just talked to them about when they will be selling the grip separate from buying a complete pistol. They said march or April 2021. So I guess I'm either going to wait for their grip for my poor man open gun or just get the lonestar. 

1 hour ago, Furrly said:

I'm 45 days out from getting the Nemesis with the alpha grip, I'll report back  once I fondle it. 😂

I should have the NYX in a couple weeks.  The safeties were set up for a right handed shooter, so they're modifying them, which requires re-coating.  This will be my first Atlas Custom pistol.  I'm looking forward to shooting it.  If it is as good as it looks, I will probably get the NYX Optic pistol next year.

4 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

I should have the NYX in a couple weeks.  The safeties were set up for a right handed shooter, so they're modifying them, which requires re-coating.  This will be my first Atlas Custom pistol.  I'm looking forward to shooting it.  If it is as good as it looks, I will probably get the NYX Optic pistol next year.

You will be very pleased with there pistols.. They are excellent shooter's. 

Edited by Furrly

Well, I can say for certain that this carry texture is far more grippy than expected.  I added a spacer to get it off my side/shirt a little to avoid rubbing holes in my dress/work shirts.  It is absolutely perfect for shooting though.  I'd say it is comparable to the standard Cheely E2 grip.  I don't think I need the inserts, but I may try the one on my weak hand side, just for testing.

On 12/4/2020 at 2:10 PM, Furrly said:

Did you have any experiance with the PT Grp, if so, how would you compare?

Shot a buddies a couple times but a lot more experience with E2 Cheely grip.  

The Cheely has a much more pronounced palm swell (like a CZ Shadow 2) than the Alpha which is pretty flat in the back strap. I thought I wouldn’t like it, but I added the full panel on the right and the half panel on the left and I like it a lot.  

The Alpha is also much smaller around which was one of the main design considerations. The texture is pretty aggressive (more than the Cheely IMO) and I like it a lot...probably more when summer rolls around.  

On 12/5/2020 at 9:29 PM, uhmeebuh said:

Shot a buddies a couple times but a lot more experience with E2 Cheely grip.  

The Cheely has a much more pronounced palm swell (like a CZ Shadow 2) than the Alpha which is pretty flat in the back strap. I thought I wouldn’t like it, but I added the full panel on the right and the half panel on the left and I like it a lot.  

The Alpha is also much smaller around which was one of the main design considerations. The texture is pretty aggressive (more than the Cheely IMO) and I like it a lot...probably more when summer rolls around.  

Thanks for the feedback!!