Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Double Tap Championship

Chris..thanks for the good words..

just got in the door from driving back..

Got tell ya..this is a match to go too..

fun and entertaining again this year...meeting more a more people each time..

Robert..thanks for the challenge...I learned a lot at this match..and most of it good :D

Edited by eerw

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got home about 9:45 last night. My first time at DoubleTap, and I can say it was great !

Had a great squad, cool stages, and really good Range Officers. We could of done with out the wind and dust on Sunday, but oh well. If at all possible we will be back next year. The stage I thought I might tank on ( hell a port ) was one of my best, What do ya know !

Many thanks to all that made this great match happen !

Damon

Thanks guys Tracy and I enjoyed the match. Dave(XRe) great job on getting us together! All our gang from the DEEP south will be back next year!!!! Got home at 2:15am not bad!!!

Hope to do better with the SS at space city!!

I just want to thank everyone for making my first ROing experience beyond the club match level so easy. There were so many good shooters who were fun to be around all weekend.

It was also great to get to meet so many BEers on the range and at dinner.

See y'all at Space City.

Thanks ... A fun match - Great Ro staff. I am making a check list of the sponsors for the next time I recomend get equipment.

<_< What is the oil trick to keep the gun and mags working :unsure: ?? I used "#105 Motor assembly greese" = It worked for the first day :( and thin the mistery jams.

I am saving the dust I smugeld home to do ( Test ) with for -failure trials-.

I was very lucky with my gear, Thanks for a great match. Lots of great people

Next year I will try for a :rolleyes: 'BIG' trophy :rolleyes:

;) Jamie

Thanks ... A fun match - Great Ro staff. I am making a check list of the sponsors for the next time I recomend get equipment.

<_< What is the oil trick to keep the gun and mags working :unsure: ?? I used "#105 Motor assembly greese" = It worked for the first day :( and thin the mistery jams.

I was very lucky with my gear, Thanks for a great match. Lots of great people

Next year I will try for a :rolleyes: 'BIG' trophy :rolleyes:

;) Jamie

When the wind started kicking up on Sunday, I ran with my usual oil but I kept the gun covered and left my mags in my bag until I was up. I also cleaned them all after every stage. A dry silicon lube may not attract the fine dirt like a grease will. I may try that the next time I shoot at the ranch.

Stuart, I forgot to congratulate you above :D That's sweet, dude :)

Stuart and I share a common interest in photography, so we talked cameras several times in between my stages on Friday. He might've gotten a decent shot of me... if I didn't break his $1000 70-200/2.8 lens... :lol:

As far as the dust goes, keeping the gun covered is important. In theory, some greases can be sticky about how they manage dirt. My experience w/ the Glide, so far, is that it does what Brian says it'll do - the dirt particles tend to get shifted out of the way. Oil can have the same problem as grease, really. Running the gun dry just isn't an option. I don't lube my mags. In stuff like that, I do what Carina did - keep 'em in the bag, clean up after every stage, etc. I might even be tempted to keep them in the bag, inside a zip-lock baggie ;)

Great match !

Thanks to all the folks who made it happen !

I liked the range so much , I brought a substantial portion of it home with me , in my gun .

Great to meet some forum members !

Travis F.

Robert and the whole staff: Thanks for a fine match!! I had a lot of fun, and really enjoyed myself and the fine stages. You can leave out that whirling wall of death next year, though! Oh, and the dust, too! Glad I shoot a Glock......

The water stage was a hoot, not nearly as problematic as I expected.

Can't wait for the sectional.....?

Andy C.

Once again Robert and his crew put on a great match - thank you to everyone who made it happen, it is greatly appreciated. Can't wait until the next one!

Rhonda, Congrats, 3rd C open right? And you've had that open gun how many weeks now? Great job. ;)

Thanks Shaun, it was good to see you again. Yep, that's right - I'm absolutely loving this gun! :D It ran flawlessly for the whole match - now if I can just get my brain to do that too...

Congratulations to the staff for a fun match. Despite my problems, I had a great time.

Also, congrats to all of the winners, especially Max. I just wish I could've witnessed the display he put on! Hopefully, we'll get the chance to shoot together in SC.

Thanks to everyone for making my first (and certainly not last) visit to TX a memorable one.

Phil

That was a very fun match. It's tough to create 12 stages in fairly small bays, and give them all personality.

The RO's were awesome! Very diplomatic and helpful.

One suggestion - go ahead and announce the winners in divisions and classes that didn't have enough competitors to get trophies. There were only three people who were naive enough to jump into Unclassified Open, and I still don't know how I finished (Open - Finals is not yet on the site).

I definitely plan on making DTC '07!

The stage I thought I might tank on ( hell a port ) was one of my best, What do ya know !

Same here. I was pretty surprised when I was done that there were two on each paper. My time was 25.something. Not fast compared to Phil and the others, but great for me. B)

-Chet

So what was the mystery substance you had to put your hands in on one stage?

Cool, clear Texas Water. Well, maybe not clear. :P

-Chet

The match was a blast. Stages were fun, ROs were super, and the prize table was great.

Thanks to Robert and all the crew for the hard work in putting this together. The range layout was one of the most shooter friendly I have ever been to. Lots of tables and shade for all. I have never been to a range where you could shoot 4 different stages on different bays and never have to move your gear.

Got to meet a few Forum members and chat. Good to meet you Merlin, Craig O, and XRe.

The stages I initially thought would give me problems were my strongest with the spinning ports being my best. Sure could have done without the gun demons that plagued me on Saturday. And the huge brain fart of running past a couple of targets on Stage 1 sure didn't help. Although I don't think the targets saw me either so I didn't think I should have gotten penalized for not shooting them. :D .

The Sunday dust bowl was a bonus. I am still hacking and sneezing out red dust.

Again, thanks to all for the dedication and hard work to make this match possible. It was worth the 8 hr drive.

Hope to be there next year again.

Craig

Edited by spd522

The Gremilins on the Results page are fixed. All the Results should Work. Going to be putting up the Finals combined in a few minutes. The Wind picking up during the awards and prize table sure made it gritty. Glad it was not like that the rest of the match. Our plan for the range next year is to plant grass in the bays and berms, (Should cut down on the grit) purchase the property the road is on and Gravel the Road for 4000 feet and to organize the awards and results so they go more smoothly.

Thank You all for the Great comments! We enjoy each and everyone of you.

Edited by scorch

I helped with the State Sporting Clay shoot a few years ago... and what we did for Dust = was 'Magnesium Cloride' = it is used on the dirt roads in New Mex and Colorado

The fine dust at "Prairie Moon' was all but eleiminated with the stuff. two years later it still kept the dust down. = it makes the dirt act like it is wet.

JF B)

Looks like our James O. had some gun problems?

Yeah, never go to a match with a new gun :P extraction gremlins.

Great match, i didn't know Max was a kick ass limited shooter. Just awesome !!

What is the oil trick to keep the gun and mags working :unsure: ?? I used "#105 Motor assembly greese" = It worked for the first day :( and thin the mistery jams.

;) Jamie

My rock (see avatar) ran 100%. :wub: I did apply oil Saturday night. ;) Some think tight guns (1.5" at 50 yards) don't like dust and grit any more than race guns. Not true. A good strong spring and hot ammo keeps it rocking and rolling. B)

Now... if I could just get my brain to run straight for 12 stages without an FTF, maybe I could show a little more improvement. :blink::unsure::huh:

A big Congrats to all on Squad 15 who got a Piece of the Rock - Jammie, Nathan, Stuart, Craig and Bonnie. And thanks to everyone else. It was a great squad... a "super" squad.

Definately a fun match. Watching Max run a limited gun was very cool-- He's a serious contender for any Ltd title already. Watching him and Travis made me run too fast and leave targets too soon, which made for 5 mikes for the match (ow!), but somehow I still pulled off 2nd Master & 5th Open.

The stages all ran great, and the 1-2-3 podium helped speed through the awards and still give everybody their due recognition. There were some grumbling about maybe doing a few of the drawings during the final stats waiting period, but that was about the only non-dust-related complaint I heard.

I managed to meet several forum people and not figure it out until later, so apologies to anybody I didn't recognize right off.

XRe - I forgot to add - sorry for whacking you in the face with my brass!!! :D Hope those nasty marks came off eventually.... B)

Now I know what that second set of Bo-Mars on your gun is for.... ;) RO diversion tactic.... :lol: I'll say this - your extraction is consistent and firm...... :D

No permanent damage, though :D