Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Legion for Production division

Eli_a

I know most people use the Legion for CO, but how many are shooting it seriously in Production division?
If you are, what changes have you made to it ? 
so far I’ve only put on some talon grips on mine. 
Share your Prod Mods. 

2 hours ago, BARRYJ said:

I shot mine yesterday for the first time in Production.  Took the mag well off and went shoot.

What division did you shoot prior ? I’m coming from limited shooting a CZ TSO. 

1 hour ago, Eli_a said:

What division did you shoot prior ? I’m coming from limited shooting a CZ TSO. 

Limited with an STI Edge.  Kept looking for the safety when I would draw.

2 hours ago, BARRYJ said:

Limited with an STI Edge.  Kept looking for the safety when I would draw.

The main difference for me was how deep my hand could go on a CZ vs the SIG. it’s taking some time to get used to

1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

Gray guns trigger w curved trigger, talon grip tape, Springer extended mag release, henning base pads. That was it.

I need to find someone local that has the gray guns trigger to try it out. I keep hearing it’s a lot better than stock trigger. I saw Springer sells them tungsten guide rod but many reviews seem to say they can’t tell the difference with it. 

1 hour ago, Eli_a said:

The main difference for me was how deep my hand could go on a CZ vs the SIG. it’s taking some time to get used to

I also shoot left handed.  I changed the mag release to the other side so I could release the mag with my thumb.  With the Edge, I had to release the mag with my trigger finger.  Between trying to take the safety off, and trying to release the mag with my trigger finger, my times sucked.

14 minutes ago, BARRYJ said:

I also shoot left handed.  I changed the mag release to the other side so I could release the mag with my thumb.  With the Edge, I had to release the mag with my trigger finger.  Between trying to take the safety off, and trying to release the mag with my trigger finger, my times sucked.

That does not sound fun at all with the edge. I’m guessing they’re not ambi or at least able to swap ?

1 hour ago, Zincwarrior said:

Sig Armorer trigger job. I put Talon grip tape on it, but find I like it better without it.

I had to look up what Sig armorer trigger job is, I can’t believe I haven’t heard of them before. How do you like the trigger ?

4 hours ago, Eli_a said:

I had to look up what Sig armorer trigger job is, I can’t believe I haven’t heard of them before. How do you like the trigger ?

I've felt his triggers on other people's sigs and if you can afford it they are the best.

I had the tungsten guide rod and sold it. 125 bucks to gain 1.0 ounces? Not worth it.

11 hours ago, rowdyb said:

I've felt his triggers on other people's sigs and if you can afford it they are the best.

I had the tungsten guide rod and sold it. 125 bucks to gain 1.0 ounces? Not worth it.

I have to second, its quite excellent.  The turn around time and service were excellent. I highly recommend.

17 hours ago, rowdyb said:

I was definitely turned down by the price, glad I didn’t try it. I honestly believe the gun is heavy enough for CO. Chasing that 59oz limit is crazy lol

I tried the Sig... hard/ It shoots soft and I like it but prefer my Shadow 2.... (whilst I needed something new to stay focussed...) that. Looking for CZ comfort and reliability now and 2011 trigger (it is the best) so the DWX or maybe maybe the Alien 🙂

On 7/6/2020 at 3:10 PM, Eli_a said:

I need to find someone local that has the gray guns trigger to try it out. I keep hearing it’s a lot better than stock trigger. I saw Springer sells them tungsten guide rod but many reviews seem to say they can’t tell the difference with it. 

Springer tungsten is worth it

I have a GG comp trigger kit I removed from a backup legion that I had work done by the Sig Armorer. Total travel of my Sig Armorer trigger is 0.18” which is less that or equal to the TAKEUP of the GG trigger kit. 

13 hours ago, robchavous said:

GrayGuns trigger, Springer paddle mag release, and my homebrew silicone carbide grip job.  Seems good to go.

Like the paddle mag release as well; however barrel starts seem to be a spot of issue potentially since the release is nice and bulky. Need to play with this more.

love silicon carbide grips! Good call 

23 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

I tried the Sig... hard/ It shoots soft and I like it but prefer my Shadow 2.... (whilst I needed something new to stay focussed...) that. Looking for CZ comfort and reliability now and 2011 trigger (it is the best) so the DWX or maybe maybe the Alien 🙂

Is the DWX released yet ?

6 hours ago, Eli_a said:

Well I had no idea what a silicon carbide grip is but after looking it up I might buy a frame and give it a shot. 

You could practice on a bunch of AR15 grips, just about everyone has a bunch laying around.

12 hours ago, The Donald said:

You could practice on a bunch of AR15 grips, just about everyone has a bunch laying around.

i saw cheap p320 grips for stippling and epoxy jobs at smallgunparts.com , i think. 

They where unbelievable cheap.

Found it: https://www.smallgunparts.com/Sig-P320-Full-Grip-Mod-No-Mag-Release

9,99 :D

edit: well, out of stock...

Edited by bimmer1980

On 7/7/2020 at 3:29 PM, Eli_a said:

I was definitely turned down by the price, glad I didn’t try it. I honestly believe the gun is heavy enough for CO. Chasing that 59oz limit is crazy lol

Anyone who doesn’t realize they made the limit 59oz to effectively remove the limit, and tries to make their plastic gun weight more than most Limited guns?

Well.

I just find those people entertaining.

USPSA:

“We ‘removed’ the weight limit because clearly no one will want a gun to be THAT heavy. This is great! We won’t have to weigh all those guns at majors anymore

C-class newcomer:

“Who makes tungsten grips for a Shadow 2?”

USPSA:

“We should have seen that coming.”

Edited by MemphisMechanic