Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shield Arms

Rolex

This company keeps saying the mags are on the way- Yet no one  has any Yet!

15 round .9mm mags for the Glock 43

Any one have real info on this product Yet?

Shield does not answer emails- Yet!

:eatdrink:

Edited by Rolex
SP

I received mine last Friday and put around 350 rounds through mine on Sunday.  No issues at all, dropped easily from the gun, locked back every time with the last round.  Not a lot of round through it yet but so far very pleased, certainly reliable to this point.  

PGGUNS--it's good to hear they run.

I pre-ordered two for my 48 and am still waiting on them.  Hopefully, I am part of the third batch.  They are recommending their aluminum mag catch, because the metal mags will supposedly wear on the stock plastic one.  I may get one, but will wait until my two mags show up first.  

Now if they can take this approach and apply it to a G17 or G22 mag...

Edited by deerslayer

I pre ordered for the first batch, got an email in early November stating the coating was not up to par, that is the last I have heard. Got to say that I'm not real impressed with the company, sent some emails ask for a update on the mags and have not gotten a response. 

I also pre-ordered on Sep 14 my order number was 14,997. I ordered 3 mag deal with the mag drop included saved me $20 bucks and a 5 round extention. I check every couple days or so and it just says processing I think mine might be the fourth batch.

• 3 weeks later...

Update from my post above.  After the initial 350 rounds with no issues I began to have problems with the S15 that my gun would not lock back at all after the last round.  Ran probably another 300 rounds and it would never lock back after the last round.   I could rack the slide with the empty mag and it would not lock back at all.  Called  shield arms and they sent me a new follow along with a 10lb power spring.  I also went a head and purchased their aluminum slide catch.  I had heard reports of the polymer one wearing, however mine had no wear when I checked it.  Ran another 350 rounds yesterday and ran great.  All total, I’m about 1000 rounds into the mag, other than the not locking back, it has functioned well otherwise.

At this point pretty happy with it now that it’s functioning the way it’s intended.  I’m gonna be placing another order for more but I will also buy the $2.98 power spring for each mag for cheap insurance. 

On 1/25/2020 at 7:04 AM, PGGUNS said:

Update from my post above.  After the initial 350 rounds with no issues I began to have problems with the S15 that my gun would not lock back at all after the last round.  Ran probably another 300 rounds and it would never lock back after the last round.   I could rack the slide with the empty mag and it would not lock back at all.  Called  shield arms and they sent me a new follow along with a 10lb power spring.  I also went a head and purchased their aluminum slide catch.  I had heard reports of the polymer one wearing, however mine had no wear when I checked it.  Ran another 350 rounds yesterday and ran great.  All total, I’m about 1000 rounds into the mag, other than the not locking back, it has functioned well otherwise.

At this point pretty happy with it now that it’s functioning the way it’s intended.  I’m gonna be placing another order for more but I will also buy the $2.98 power spring for each mag for cheap insurance. 

Good to hear thank you-

Got mine and they wouldn't lock the slide back (with the Shield mag catch).  Shield said early guns like mine need the extra power mag springs (Glock has modified the frame twice).  They sent me two and the lockback issue went away.  Finally tested them this morning.  Ran about 60 through each (loaded with 15, plus one in the chamber) and they ran well.  Next step is to test them with carry ammo.  Shield guy told me all mags will now come with the new springs.  

• 6 months later...

Putting my name on the waiting list at the LGS for a Glock 48 for the wife. Any updates on the reliability of these mags?

I see they are on backorder now but figured I'd they worked well I would jump on that list now as well.

4 hours ago, Intheshaw1 said:

Putting my name on the waiting list at the LGS for a Glock 48 for the wife. Any updates on the reliability of these mags?

I see they are on backorder now but figured I'd they worked well I would jump on that list now as well.

I have 7 of them. They are awesome.

I have two of these magazines.  They drop free, lock the slide open after the last round, and I have not had any failures. 

I ordered the extra power magazine springs, but I haven't put them in yet.  Why mess with something that works?  

I am very happy with my Shield Arms S15 mags!  

Also, I agree that an extended capacity G43 mag would be great!  

On 8/22/2020 at 10:48 AM, Matt1911 said:

I have 7 of them. They are awesome.

Are you running these stock or did you add the +10% springs and mag release?

Jumping on the backorder list today, found out they have a military discount as well.

15 hours ago, Intheshaw1 said:

Are you running these stock or did you add the +10% springs and mag release?

Jumping on the backorder list today, found out they have a military discount as well.

All stock. 

• 1 year later...

My Gen 2 shield mags have been flawless, but only a couple of hundred rounds through them.

Shield says:

What changed with the gen 2 magazine? We made the following improvements:

• Ambidextrous - mag catch cutout on both the left and right side
  • Smaller mag catch cutout windows
  • Improved magazine tube geometry
  • Improved baseplate geometry

"We recommend swapping out your plastic OEM mag catch with either our standard steel mag catch or our premium steel mag catch. Here's why. If you don't swap your mag catch you may have reliability issues. If you use another manufacturer's mag catch you may have reliability issues. Gen 2 magazines were designed to work with Shield Arms steel mag catches. If you have a first generation aluminum mag catch, we recommend upgrading to one of our steel mag catch offerings."

I have also heard heavy use with the Shield mags will damage the Glock polymer mag release and the steel mag release will damage the polymer mags.

I talked with the the Glock Law enforcement Rep at the Glock Armorer Course I took last month. He said he carries the Shield mags in his G48. He also stated that the Shield mags were approved by the FBI. I tried to research it and could not find anything about the FBI using G48s, so maybe it is for off duty use.

Edited by CenTX