Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FTP Alpha3 optic experiences

vgdvc

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/16/2020 at 5:49 PM, Chili said:

Glad to finally have one of the Alpha 3's in hand, First dry fire session today and that window is Huuuuge!  Thanks FTP!

Alpha3.jpg

That looks nice! Mine will show this week. 

47 minutes ago, mcattack said:

Will the Alfa 3 mount to a slide milled for DPP. No plate; its mounted to the slide. DPP dot is just to small for my old eyes.

No. Not without a plate. The Alpha3 has the same mounting pattern as RTS2 and Romeo3 Max but has a little larger footprint in the front. 

4 hours ago, Posvar said:

8moa?

Yes, After a few years using 6 MOA Alpha 2's I decided to try 8 on the recommendation of FTP Shooting Sports.  He is a hell of a lot better shooter than I with a ton more experience in the open game than me so I took his advice.  The thing is so bright it's incredible, the difference is night and day to every dot I have used in both CO and Open. I am also happy to be done with the lock screws as I lost one previously.

Edited by Chili

On 4/20/2020 at 3:36 PM, clw42 said:

Curious to know how you think it compares to the Romeo 3 Max/XL. 

I will let you know! Was looking for a high quality backup with the same footprint as my Romeo3 max. We shall see 

Got a chance to zero mine last night and run it through it's first live fire session.  Dig the extra window size and it is very bright, ran it at it's lowest setting which is something I've never even come close to doing on any of my previous dots, I tended to run them darn near max brightness.

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

Got a chance to zero mine last night and run it through it's first live fire session.  Dig the extra window size and it is very bright, ran it at it's lowest setting which is something I've never even come close to doing on any of my previous dots, I tended to run them darn near max brightness.

Awesome! I keep checking tracking every hour it seems. haha 

Thanks for all the positive feedback. We find that most people comment on how great the dot brightness is and the very high quality glass and soft touch buttons. Although our optic is very similar to the Max, we made two very important programming changes specifically for competition shooters:

1. No wasted illumination levels for night use. That means you get more usable levels for what most of us do which is competition shooting shooting outdoors.

2. Availability of 8 MOA dot. A larger dot is easier to find in bright sunlight. Although the 6 MOA is adequate and most people will not feel it hinders them in any way, I just prefer the extra pop of the 8 dot personally.

3. Our on feature just requires a touch of either button to turn the dot on instantly at the last illumination level. The Max requires you to hold down the buttons for a few seconds to turns it on. That would be an ETERNITY at the line if you forgot to turn your dot on.

6 and 8 MOA are in stock and ready to ship. Just hop over to our web site to place an order. All our optics come with a picantiny mount including in the box and we optionally have open gun mounts in the standard C-More pattern available.

I just picked one up and installed it on my open gun, shot 2 matches with it. for the price it is a great optic, can not go wrong!! I am going to get a 2nd one for my other open Gun

2 minutes ago, Posvar said:

It was supposed to show yesterday but did not. Since it is Canada post I can't track it now that is in the USA. Maybe it will show today.

I didn't realize it was coming from Canada.  Figured they'd ship from their US branch.

3 minutes ago, Posvar said:

OK. Then I have no answer. Phil will most likely chime in and share some info

Yeah, I was just making assumptions that likely aren't correct (no surprise). 

I ordered one on the 24th and too was surprised it ships from Canada. Probably wouldn't have changed my mind, but would have been nice to know ahead of time. Hopefully it knocks my socks off and all will be well.