Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

On 1/14/2023 at 2:54 PM, eerw said:

Did some slide lightening. sorry, didnt weigh it.

Cut a comp into the thicker part of the barrel to actually get a chamber and not just holes in the barrel. works really well.

Cut for the SRO.

Sounds like a 2023 IDPA ESP/CO. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

2025 ??  Ahhh man ! I hope it’s not the case ! But who knows at this point. 

sorry could not help my self. i will be happy if i can get a OR compact for my Christmas  present. 

On 1/14/2023 at 3:54 PM, eerw said:

The guys finished up playing with one of our DWX guns so we could pack it up and take it to SHOT Show.

Starting to see what can be added to such a fun platform. 

Did some slide lightening. sorry, didnt weigh it.

Cut a comp into the thicker part of the barrel to actually get a chamber and not just holes in the barrel. works really well.

Cut for the SRO.

Made a magwell that blends better than the CZ factory well does.

Drilled and tapped mag release for paddle

Installed a new hammer and did trigger job, set at 2# right now.

No pricing on the work yet.

But if in Vegas, come on by the CZ Custom booth and check it out.

74950666_webDWXCZC_DSC4816.thumb.jpg.7e1fcf8c830b959f08abc7497b2ddc19.jpg

1056325580_webDWXCZC_DSC4821.jpg.39ca8a7e6cb1259d31ecd572a2d3d343.jpg

What that really needs is a modified steel guide rod for 1911 round wire springs 😉

Fwiw referring back to the safety/firing pin issue I have two shadows, one open sights one red dot.

the open sights has a cgw extended firing pin. a while back I loaded both with a primed case, whacked the hammer 2- 3 times with my plastic mallet, gun in vise, no ignition.

ditto the newer shadow with red dot, which has factory firing pin. I believe they were CCI primers.

This is completely unscientific, of course, and may not apply to anyone else’s firearms, but I thought I’d tell you what I found.

25 minutes ago, midatlantic said:

the open sights has a cgw extended firing pin. a while back I loaded both with a primed case, whacked the hammer 2- 3 times with my plastic mallet, gun in vise, no ignition.

Definitely need a bigger hammer. I always use a 3lb sledgehammer. My go to gunsmithing tool . Aspecialy for anything 2K or over guns. 

12 hours ago, midatlantic said:

Fwiw referring back to the safety/firing pin issue I have two shadows, one open sights one red dot.

ditto the newer shadow with red dot, which has factory firing pin. I believe they were CCI primers.

This is completely unscientific, of course, and may not apply to anyone else’s firearms, but I thought I’d tell you what I found.

I would just measure. As long as the firing pin is shorter than it's channel you should be ok. But of course it's more fun to use a hammer. 😁

15 minutes ago, PhilosopherKing said:

Not wanting to make an assumption here, can you who have the dwx confirm that it can be carried in position one (cocked and locked)?

How does fhe iron sight adjustment compare to the shadow 2? 

Yes

It's an adjustable rear sight

30 minutes ago, Ajohnson15 said:

Yes,

And the rear sight is the same one from the shadow 2

Nice.

They don't appear to be marketing this as a target or competition pistol. Any thoughts on that?

I am down between this and a Shadow 2 Orange. If anyone has both and give an objective review between the two that would be great.

The only thing for me is I dont know how I feel about the single action only vs da/sa for home defense. Any thoughts on this fellas?

37 minutes ago, PhilosopherKing said:

Nice.

They don't appear to be marketing this as a target or competition pistol. Any thoughts on that?

I am down between this and a Shadow 2 Orange. If anyone has both and give an objective review between the two that would be great.

The only thing for me is I dont know how I feel about the single action only vs da/sa for home defense. Any thoughts on this fellas?

For me specifically... SA is fine for home defense.  I actually don't mind that for carrying either, however, a traditional 1911 utilizes a grip safety which the DWX does not have, plus the thumb safety which the DWX does have.  Some like the grip safety while many do not.  There are obviously a ton of other pistols on the market that have one or the other or both. The DA/SA pistols are good for carrying. Pick your poison. 

12 hours ago, PhilosopherKing said:

Nice.

This is the wrong forum for discussing home defense stuff, and it would drift the thread.  There are other better places for that if that's your thing.  But this is a competition forum and that's the singular interest here.  

2 hours ago, obsessiveshooter said:

This is the wrong forum for discussing home defense stuff, and it would drift the thread.  There are other better places for that if that's your thing.  But this is a competition forum and that's the singular interest here.  

I don't know about all that....