Everglade Race Holster

Slide4949

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I received mine from tbarker (Enos Classifieds) today.  I was able to fit the Cheely E2 (per ZZT's illustration in the Cheely grip thread) and mount it in pretty much the exact same orientation that I had my Alpha X.  I'm actually surprised by how much smoother the draw is.  I don't think it really shaved anything off my time, but it's definitely smoother.  Some more practice and who knows, maybe I will see some results.  I will say that the thigh pad does suck compared to the DAA.  It digs in pretty good.  ZZT, what was your solution.  I think you mentioned that you added to or modified yours.

Also, Is putting loctite on the screws recommended? They seem pretty secure even after an hour of dry fire.  And if the previous owner had any on it, he did a fantastic job of removing it before shipping.

Pretty much the only thing I don't like about it is that it's a one rig holster, unlike the Alpha-X which I could swap back and forth between my USPSA and 3 Gun belts using DAA's extra belt mounts and one screw on and off design.  That also sucks, because now I have to keep two expensive holsters...(first world problems, I know).

14 hours ago, clw42 said:

It digs in pretty good.  ZZT, what was your solution.  I think you mentioned that you added to or modified yours.

I used a vertical belt sander to soften and thin the edges.  It doesn't dig in now.  I've run a bunch of matches with mine and the screws never loosened.  I do not use Loctite on them.

Edited by zzt

29 minutes ago, zzt said:

I used a vertical belt sander to soften and thin the edges.  It doesn't dig in now.  I've run a bunch of matches with mine and the screws never loosened.  I do not use Loctite on them.

Excellent, thank you very much!!

• 5 months later...
On 10/17/2019 at 8:30 PM, clw42 said:

I will say that the thigh pad does suck compared to the DAA.  It digs in pretty good.  ZZT, what was your solution.  I think you mentioned that you added to or modified yours.-

You can try placing one of those sticky foam circular pads that people use beneath furniture (to keep it from scuffing). It works like a little cushion on the thighpad.

40 minutes ago, lroy said:

You can try placing one of those sticky foam circular pads that people use beneath furniture (to keep it from scuffing). It works like a little cushion on the thighpad.

When I used an AlphaX holster, the thigh pad was great.  The opposite is true with the Everglades.  It might be counterintuitive but try the holster without the thigh pad. I find it more comfortable this way

1 hour ago, lroy said:

I'm actually used to it now.  I don't even realize it's there aside from the additional support it provides.  Thanks though.

11 hours ago, kamber said:

Anyone know if Everglades ever runs promos or sales? Not in a rush at all since I don't even have an open gun yet, but I intend on picking up one of these holsters for it.

If you're not in a rush then keep an eye on the classifieds.  I tried the waiting game with Everglades, but never saw any deals.  Maybe Black Friday or during a holiday though...not sure.  As I was waiting, one came up here and I snagged it.

56 minutes ago, clw42 said:

If you're not in a rush then keep an eye on the classifieds.  I tried the waiting game with Everglades, but never saw any deals.  Maybe Black Friday or during a holiday though...not sure.  As I was waiting, one came up here and I snagged it.

Thanks for the heads up, will do.

On 4/13/2020 at 7:22 PM, LuvDog said:

They do discounts,  but it’s minimal 5%.

Something is better than nothing! Do you have a code you can share? Or is this something that they run on holidays, etc.?

6 hours ago, kamber said:

Something is better than nothing! Do you have a code you can share? Or is this something that they run on holidays, etc.?

Sign up for their emails.  They'll send out codes whenever they are running a special.

Just got one- ordered from Shooters Connection as they have them in stock. Theirs comes with the tigh pad - Very impressed with holster and how easy and smooth the draw is - did have to file down a little for my E2 grip. It worked out of box but the lock down was a little stiff. Only thing I don't care about are allen head screws they use on the holster - same size as a lot of optic mounts and are very easy to strip while tightening. I'm going find some different screws to replace these.

2 hours ago, falconpilot said:

Just got one- ordered from Shooters Connection as they have them in stock. Theirs comes with the tigh pad - Very impressed with holster and how easy and smooth the draw is - did have to file down a little for my E2 grip. It worked out of box but the lock down was a little stiff. Only thing I don't care about are allen head screws they use on the holster - same size as a lot of optic mounts and are very easy to strip while tightening. I'm going find some different screws to replace these.

Everglades sells a stainless steel set of screws 

Thanks - just went local hardware store and bought some socket head replacements - they are 8/32 believe it or not, and not metric...cost me $3...

The stainless screw kit they sell for $6.50 plus shipping is still those tiny allen head screws..

Edited by falconpilot

3 hours ago, falconpilot said:

I'd be interested to know what you get.  Everglades has the SS hardware upgrade, but it's $20 for all the screws needed and I'm sure they can be sourced locally for less.

Edited by clw42